Filter by rating
City:
Product:

UPS in Kingman, Arizona - Poor and unacceptable delivery practices

Update by user Jul 02, 2013

I was very surprised and happy to receive a call from UPS management stating that they want to work with me to resolve the delivery problems at my home. I hope this is the case. I have been a long time customer with UPS and it would be a disappointment and an inconvenience to have to work with other delivery companies.

Original review posted by user Jul 02, 2013

I live in Arizona; it gets extremely hot here in the summer and UPS will not take the time to deliver packages to the front door of the house nor will they take the time to honk the horn of the truck when they're here; instead, what the drivers do is just dump all my packages roadside. This means I've had numerous packages sit out in boiling heat and the contents ruined. There is no such thing as UPS customer service. I have spoken with numerous so-called UPS customer service supervisors and nothing has changed with the delivery problems. I have been told that they don't have enough trucks available to do anything but a one time delivery of packages, its up to driver discretion how packages will be left, and I can request that no packages be left at my home and instead pick up my packages at UPS distribution center, but if I request that service I'll never be able to have home delivery again. There is no such thing as UPS customer relations. UPS is a huge corporate conglomeration at this point and every UPS customer service person can be designated as a supervisor to help with problems and complaints. That means every supervisor has a different story and a different resolution and the bottom line is that no one at UPS is held accountable for customer service. Use UPS at your own risk.

NEVER USE UPS AGAIN

Hello, I am writing this because I am so pissed right now. I ordered two new phones from T-mobile a week ago and got it today. Once UPS came the delivery man gave me a box and I was very happy. I ran to my home and opened the box and there was NO phone inside, only the phone boxes and earphones,simcard, handguidebook,and battery. UPS workers took my phones. After I checked phones I looked at the box, there was a 8inch mark out of knife and the box was new. I am thinking that UPS workers checked whats inside and stole it and retape it again. Funny thing is that my delivery should have came on the Friday but came today instead.I would never use UPS again and I will take any actions to resolve this problem. UPS is biggest delivery company and has thief workers working for it.

UPS delivered our mini refrig to wrong address
In the month of May 2013, we ordered a mini refrigerator online at Sears.com After a month of waiting, checked the tracking for UPS item and it posted that it was delivered back in May 2013, signed by a person name and delivered it at residence on a military base. What the f.....k Can you believe that the family that accepted the box did not call UPS to tell them they received something that they did not order. And what do you call this ***? After several emails, to the President of Sears, no reply was given for the delivery of the mini refrigerator that was delivered to the wrong address. Finally called by phone and they said it was delivered. Yes, to a wrong residence address. Filed a complaint with UPS online.
Loss

UPS in Longview, Texas - Didn't leave package as authorized and didn't leave door tag

Had package (1ZE9650A4257797) scheduled for delivery today between 12:00 and 4:00 that required signature. I went on-line and authorized them to leave the package without a signature. Even so, I arranged to be home from 12:00 on. When I got home I went on-line to make sure the tracking said "out for delivery" but it said attempt was made at 11:46 to deliver package - didn't leave the package as they were authorized to do and there was no sticker on the door saying they had tried. I got here about 11:48 - there was NO UPS truck in neighborhood.

2nd consecutive time, same delivery person. When trying to lodge a complaint, there is no place on UPS website to handle my complaint!?

I'm 67 years old and unable to get to the door as quickly as I can before the UPS delivery person would like me to. Although I'm able to catch him before he leaves and both times he acknowledges my call to him and both times he gives me a hard time wanting me to go down stairs to get my shipment instead of him making another trip upstairs.

I have never encountered such a rude person; especially since it was after 7pm and I was already asleep in my bedroom when he knocked on my door!?

Signature required means exactly that, signature reuired. You cannot waive that requirement. Your vendor selected it for a reason, and they pay the ups bill.

View more comments (1)
Review

UPS in Southfield, Michigan - "B* on a Power Trip"

I went to go pick up a package for my fiance, as the address was wrong on the package). We had called 3 times regarding the error, and asked 3 times if I would be able to pick it up, because he would be out of town. Each separate person assured us that it wouldn't be a problem, and one even offered to correct the address in the system. I went there and he asked what I needed, he didn't indicate a problem. He brought the package out and asked for my ID, I gave it to him. He said he couldn't release the package, because the address didn't match. (Well, DUH! They put the wrong address on it, thats why I'm here!!!) I explained to him that we had called about it and 3 people had said it would be okay and I needed the package because it was time sensitive for a job. He refused. I called customer service again, who told me AGAIN, that it was fine if I picked it up. He refused and said "You're *just* a customer, a *** on a power trip". If you're going to call me that, you'd better believe I'm going to act like one. I calmly, but very loudly, explained that this was not the way customers like to be treated, and that he would be hearing from us. I filed a formal complaint and will NEVER be using them again.

So you called to verify that you could pick it up, because your fiance was out of town. Then you called a second time, when they already verified this?

And they said OK a second time?

And for whatever reason, you then called a 3rd time to verify the same thing? Sounds like you are embellishing the story, as it makes no sense that anyone would keep calling even though they received the answer they needed.

Loss

UPS Refuses to knock on door

I pay for next day delivery for an Amazon order because I needed it by, shocker, the next day. Apparently it counts as a delivery attempt if the driver walks up to the door and sticks the 'InfoNotice' on the door, then walks away. I was literally sitting three to four feet from the front door and never heard a knock. I went outside to check the mail only to find the 'InfoNotice' laying on the ground. Now I can't get my package until Monday, unless I'm lucky enough for the packages to be brought back to the delivery center for the ONE HOUR they are open every day. UPS is the absolute worst option for shipping anything. I will never buy anything from a company again if they only ship UPS. Not only did they lose a customer, they caused several other companies to lose a customer by association.

Ups sucks I live in an apartment building and I have a handicapped relative that lives with me who cannot lift more than five pounds. The last couple of times I've ordered something they went straight to the rental office which closes at 5 p.m.

and opens at 9 a.m. Mon-Fri to drop off the package. I work from 7:30-6:30 Mon-Fri. I could see if they actually attempted to deliver the package but they don't meaning they don't even leave a notice.

They are terrible I absolutely hate having my packages delivered by them. The thing that really *** me off is that my relative is always home so they would be able to open the door.

Neither of us can lift heavy packages. I just really hate ups.

UPS does not have the quality of delivery service it had 10 years ago. I live in Arizona and the UPS customer service tells me that is up to "driver discretion" how and when a package will be left at a consumer's house.

This means packages can be left sitting in boiling heat conditions, left roadside, etc. Apparently UPS has a new policy, packages without a signature required can be left anywhere by the house and there's no such thing as three delivery attempts.

The drivers will not honk their truck horns to let you know they're outside nor will they leave a package delivery notice if you're not home and don't expect to get any resolution no matter how many supervisors you speak with--they just don't care; furthermore, there's no way to get any resolution because they are such a corporate conglomerate that nobody is in any kind of customer relations capacity and yet everyone who answers then phone for UPS is a designated supervisor, someone who can correct customer related problems. :(

Drivers no longer have the time to knock. If a signature is not required, its drop and run. Neither your postman or your paperboy knock, do they?

@Anonymous

you're a fecking ***.

If you were sitting 4 door feet from the door and never heard a knock, might be time to get your hearing checked !

View more comments (4)

UPS in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania - Delivery Date Confusion

I had a package that was to be delivered to my home on Wednesday, June 26. However, knowing that I was going to be at work that day and since it was an expensive item that I did not want sitting out, I called to ask if the address could be changed. (The package was in Columbus OH at that time). I was told I had to do it online. After hours of fussing with their website, I finally got the address changed. What they didn't tell me was that it would delay the delivery by a day--when I won't be at the new address. And they charged me $5 for the address change. When I called their "customer service" agents, all expressed sympathy but no one would do anything to compensate me for the inconvenience of having to rearrange my schedule to suit them. Not to mention not having the package delivered on time. This arrogant company needs to be taken down a few pegs. They think they are too big to have to listen to customers. They are wrong.

So you did not have it delivered to the other address in the first place why?

Review

Caution with UPS: declare value and document it before shipping

UPS will give you $100 per box lost, period. The claims department will do all they can to pay you the lowest amount possible. So declare the value, photocopy receipts, take pictures of what you are mailing (be a paranoid attorney), because this attorney is out over $500 after shipping 3 bulk shipments of at least 10 boxes each, and UPS delivers 3 bulk shipments (where the recipient signs 1x for several boxes) and then there are 2 boxes missing from 2 shipments. UPS said 1 had arrived because it had been signed for (once as part of a bulk shipment) and another was "lost" although the other 9 boxes were shipped together and arrived together. If you have to use UPS (USPS is cheaper by A LOT), then fill out every box in the forms, declare values, itemize what you ship and prepare to battle get what you paid for. What a terrible experience. Very disappointing.

So you secured 10 boxes together and used 1 label for the 10 boxes ?

Trying to make sure I understand .

UPS DRIVER FAILS TO FOLLOW PROTOCOL

On May 23rd UPS delivered 2 packages to my home. Unfortunately for whatever reason the driver never rang the bell, and went straight up and unused and overgrown alley to reach the rear porch which is not even used. He also failed to leave an INFONOTICE which has a box for ALTERNATE PACKAGE LOCATION. UPS did their "investigation" and quietly closed the case. My shippers then informed me tough luck, UPS says the packages were delivered. I had to have this case reopened because UPS says they tried to reach me and couldn't. Case closed. Fortunately I have security cameras which on review, clearly shows the driver go straight to the alley and then return to the truck and leave. Never came on front porch, never knocked or rang bell, straight to the alley! Rochelle, in the New Orleans office, was the one who closed this out. She told me the driver says he rang bell and knocked, AND left INFONOTICE AS REQUIRED. So UPS will stand behind its driver even when the proof is on video. I will never use a business that only ships UPS. If they can't send it USPS or FEDEX forget it. UPS has totally burnt themselves with me. Horrible thieving company. SHAME ON THEM see video: http://youtu.be/mPpYr_xaIYw

So the Driver left it at the back door, you do not show any video of him NOT leaving a notice at the back door.

The driver followed prtotocol by NOT leaving your items at the front door where anyone driving or walking by could then swipe the item.

If the Driver HAD left it at the front door and it went missing, you would be on here complaining that he should not have left in view of the street.

Tags
  • UPS SHOCKING VIDEO
  • UPS LIES
  • DRIVER FAILS TO FOLLOW PROCEDURE
  • UPS DISAPPOINTMENT

UPS drivers thieves ,,

i received a package labeled 6lbs , i receive it with peanut styrofoam in it , driver who brought the package was sweaty uncomfortable ...... very shady ....he didnt even know who i was suppose to contact for a complain..... anyway one month passed by for their "" investigation "" to go on , nobody contacted me nothing....... called them earlier today , they giving me the shippers phone number which doesnt even work .... UPS you won .... but *** you and those lossy *** drivers you guys hire .......*** UPS .. they will not care about your package with or without insurance ...... drivers just open your packages in their truck without giving a *** about how hard people work to buy this items for their close ones ....... *** u again UPS .

I had a driver from UPS driver ask me about my package that I'm sending and it's been lost over a month no call backs from UPS! :cry

You seem it is suspicious of a driver sweating ?

HELLO ! It is summertime and hot,the trucks do not have A/C, anyone will sweat in the heat !

The # to contact is on the side of the truck, 800-pick-ups.

What seems odd is that YOU do not have a means to contact the folks YOU ordered the product from.

Whats up with that ?