Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

UPS NON Service

UPS will not pick up on schedule for someone who pays for their service to do so when we complain they just laugh in your face. there is no way to talk to someone in authority I have been trying for months and just get a snotty attitude for an answer. WAKED UP U P S you are *** off your customers. I have to pay overtime or deliver my shipments to a UPS store myself oh by the way I pay for pickup service. the salesman for UPS just ignored my complaint and the local customer service person that called back was rude. the only nice people are the ones who answer the phone but can do nothing. what a job!!!

UPS review in Chelmsford, Massachusetts: FRUSTRATED PACKAGE RECEIVER

While trying to locate my package I discovered that customer is useless to the package receiver. The phone number connects to a computer, not a real person and only does what it is programed to do. No provisions for lost packages exist. Their e-mail claim service is a big joke. They ask for information on the shipping label. If I don't have the package then I don't have the shipping label. You can't file a claim whithout it. I can't find any way to contact a living human being at UPS without going to their wharehouse and wasting more time. I eventually found my package at the end of my driveway 350 feet from my house 2 days later as I was leaving even though tracking said it was left on my front steps. Either the driver was too lazy to get out of his truck or he does'nt know to backup or turn his truck around. My main problem is with management. Why would they setup a customer line that does'nt provide any service?

Ups in canada

I was lied to, by their agents , they had us miss a day of work for nothing , an employee was twice rude and did not give a dam about his attitude . In short they just suck. I will just not do business with them and nor will I buy from company that do business with them . Although they wrote on their notice they would pass the next day they did not pretexting they could not talk to us on the phone ,they had the wrong number but on the waybill the phone number was ok. They just do not care about customer service
Miklos

No, no don't tell us what happened. Just tell us they suck.

Why do people *** work to receive a package?

Ship it to a UPS Store or any mailbox store. Pay $5 to not lose a day's pay!

Ups Customer Care
Loss

UPS destroyed my computer and refuses to fix it

I was moving back home from Vancouver, WA and shipped a very expensive computer used for 3D Animation. I declared the value of the computer, and although I was a little hesitant as the woman at the UPS store seemed like she was in training, I paid the 200.00 shipping fee and flew back home to Missouri. Upon delivery the boxes corners were smashed in, the foam peanuts were 6 inches from the top of the box, and the tape was barely hanging on. When I removed the computer I heard something rattling inside, which was both Hard Drives broken loose from the rails and had been bouncing around destroying the motherboard and Video Card. Upon calling UPS they wanted me to get a 3rd party estimate on repair which I did. The total came to $1,394.16 which replaced the hardware, recovered data on the hard drives, and the labor. 3 weeks later UPS is saying that the data recovery, which was quoted right around $600.00 for both drives, is not covered and they refuse to pay it. So I have been out of work for 3 weeks and they are not wanting to fix the package to 100%... Horrible company, as much as I hate FedEx it looks like I am going there instead from now on.
Miklos

Let me assess the situation. Did The UPS Store pack it or did you.

I am assuming you, as you said you paid the "shipping fee" no mention of packing.

If the store packed it and you insured it for the total value of $1400, then you're covered. I'd expect about a month and a half before you receive the settlement check, but you're covered. If the hard drives were damaged, then you're entitled to a new one.

However, they don't have to pay for data recovery as I'm assuming this is your complaint. Files don't cost anything! They damaged property, not invisible data!!!

I understand your being upset, but why didn't you back up your data on an external hard drive and take that with you in your luggage? The same goes with FedEx and the USPS!!!

@Miklos

excuse me, but data definitely has value. it's not system files, which can be restored and reinstalled; it's someone's animation creations. it is a result of their own work and has assessable value and that's real assessable damage. however it's true that it's best to create backups and take them with you physically when you move.

still, ups did not pay the true value of what ups mishandled and destroyed: it has a replacement cost that they are failing to supply. it is possibly, entirely their fault; unless the pc was not anchored properly in the box. packing peanuts alone will not necessarily do it as pc's are heavy.

if there was any statement of coverage up to your stated loss amount, they are liable. though maybe not if there was no statement of coverage that would include your entire amount. if they only covered your item up to a certain dollar amount, that is their limit and they don't have to pay more.

but if the coverage was a higher amount and your value loss fits within it, the customer should talk to an attorney and pursue it that way. attorneys do not charge anything up front for lawsuits to recover value. they charge after they win, make sure you get that in writing though. make sure they will charge the ups company their attorney fees as well.

@madam1

Please trust me when I saw I entirely understand and agree with both UPS and the customer. But the contract that he signed when he shipped it specifically states what's covered and what's not when it comes to UPS's "Declared Value" (aka Insurance,) data and documents are not covered. If UPS loses a contract that's got $10,000 on the line, and UPS loses it, they are only to be reimbursed for the cost of the paper. So basically 20 cents, even if the package was insured for the $10,000. I am talking law here, not what's right and wrong in a perfect world.

They damaged property. He is to be reimbursed for the property. I'll say it again, DATA HAS NO PHYSICAL VALUE!!! It's invisible, you can't reach out and break it! Data is just like a thought! Yes, when put into a physical item, it is worth something, until then, it's worth nothing.

If you are trying to place blame on The UPS Store, he's even MORE out of luck. The contract (PSO) is quite possibly the best contract ever written by lawyers, it takes ALL liability away from the store. Even if they did pack it wrong.

I feel bad for the guy, but that's why you should never trust anyone, I've shipped my computer twice before and nothing ever happened (I packed it myself at my UPS Store where I work as I would any customers computer) and nothing ever happened. Once with my desktop PC and once my laptop. Every time I backed it up on my external hard drive AND online.

If he didn't do that, he's quite unfortunately out of luck.

@Miklos

I'm not stating that the data has any value, I am stating that the cost of recovering said data is $300 per drive.

As far as a invisible property is concerned there is such a thing as Intellectual Property which considers thoughts and intangible material as property. So yes, it does have value. Maybe not according to UPS but federal law supersedes that.

Considering that the store representative never brought this up and after speaking to the store manager himself after he admitted that the UPS reimbursement was wrong and that they should cover the full repair cost.

The data itself is backed up, although not as a ghost file, so I am still losing time from my actual job by having to repair the computer myself. The original point remains, UPS is a horrible company.

View more comments (3)
Tags
  • broken

UPS review in Chicago, Illinois: Pick up service

U.P.S. left an attempted delivery Friday Aug.9, 2013. A follow up delivery was scheduled for Monday Aug.12 2013. I contacted a U.P.S. customer service rep by phone Aug.12, approx 8:30 A.M. I sat in my front room for 12 hrs waiting for the pick up. I called U.P.S. again 8/12/13, 7:15 P.M..A recording tell me an an attempted delivery had be attempted at 12:30 P.M. No attempted delivery notice was posted on my property, nor was one in my yard. I don't have the time to waste with U.P.S.My time is as valuable as your drivers. U.P.S.InfoNotice #9352 9050 868 4
Miklos

Why would you sit around for two days waiting for UPS to come and pay $10 for a pick-up? If your time is so *** important, why wouldn't you drop it off at a UPS Store or any UPS drop-off location? For free even!!!!

Ups Pick Up Service

UPS review in Stone Mountain, Georgia: Overnight phone shipped

I called my mobile carrier after dropping my phone in the water to get a new one, I pay a extra 30$ for overnight shipping, I was at my office at 8 and they came by at 930 and left a note that I had to pick it up, they didnt even knock or ring so I could sign, I called them gave them the claim number, they said they would call me with in a hour when the driver was back and they didnt call within a 2 hours, I re called and they said they will call me within a hour. They failed to do that. Now I have to wait till tommorow to get my package if the *** knows how to ring the doorbell, Wasted 30$ for overnight shipping and I needed the phone for buisness, I will never use UPS again, and you should either

UPS review: Delivery Problems

A couple of shipments were not delivered to my address, although their records show they had been delivered. You know, I can see where people screw up, but twice in like two months to the same wrong address is just dumb. Both times the elderly gentleman who received the wrong packages was kind enough to drive in his car to deliver the package. He knew where to deliver because he could read the label and the UPS driver could not. The last package he brought me he rang the doorbell like 10 times with that not-so-happy cadence. So, I'm trying to not order stuff which involves UPS. I called Amazon and they said they were sorry and that they would forward my note to UPS. Don't expect any action there. I think UPS is so big and so automated and so full of quotas that it is now a big bureaucracy.

UPS might have tried to deliver to your address, and you did not answer the doorbell ?

(after all your neighbor had to ring it 10 times) the drivers don't have time to wait around for a person to finally come to the door !

Ups Delivery Service

UPS review in Ottawa, Ontario: 11$ for box, worst service ever- priceless

UPS associate in the Bank and Hunt Club in-store location gave as little information as possible leading to me purchasing a 11$ box that was oversized and likely to damage my expensive unit inside because it was bouncing around. The only thing she said was, "you can insure for loss, not damage because you will need more packaging." "Your box will not be able to be shipped as is you need to purchase a box." She wouldn't shuffle between those two answers as if that was what she could only say. I am usually a very easy going, understanding customer but she wouldn't even tell me that the unit was bouncing around till after she taped the box and I owed her 11$ for unusable card board. ALSO, there is no complain section through the automated phone selections or on the site... They must not like criticism or even care because of how big they are. Thanks for wasting my time, money and leaving me very put off from something that did not need to be this way.

they are really bad staff. The one who suppose to print my emails didn't want to help or even do his work ..

he was concentration in playing cards in the computer in front of me.

I paid money for nothing and I told them that it's bad service but they didn't care. I'm still trying to make a complain.

Nana

Miklos

Yes, you are quite ***. The UPS STORE associate sold you a good box assuming you will purchase packaging materials!!!

Why wouldn't you? You need packing materials. You can't send the box inside by itself because it isn't a shipping box, nor would the Styrofoam inserts protect it from damage.

(assuming it's an appliance or electronic) Also UPS Store employees are not UPS employees. (Just a fact!!)

View more comments (1)
Ups Customer Care
Tags
  • no complaint section

UPS review in Mary Esther, Florida: Change delivery address

I have spent the last four or five days trying here and on my phone to change my delivery address....YOU do have THE most unfriendly website that it has ever been my bad luck to have contact with.... Re: tracking # 1Z1824630341089442.....I want that delivery sent to my local UPS STORE...address: Sheryl aka Sunshine Yeiser 550 Mary Esther Cutoff NW Suite 18, UPS Store # 2135, Fort Walton Beach, FL 32548....They know me very well as ''Sunshine'', at this UPS Store and they receive and hold my packages at their location all of the time.....Please after four or five days of my entreaties to YOU here on YOUR website and on the phone with YOUR Customer Service people. please make this happen for me.....This is very IMPORTANT to me, please send me an email to : traavelagent2@cox.net verifying that YOU are going to honour my request....Thank YOU ever so much, in advance for YOUR help and assistance in this matter..... Sheryl aka Sunshine Yeiser

It would help if your sent your concerns to UPS, as on this website no one is going to be able to assist you.

You may as well have walked into a convention and strated demanding the folks there take care of your problem with UPS.

Miklos

YOU are so ***. I hope YOU realize that YOU are posting this on a public forum.

This website isn't to write a letter to companies. Also, if YOU frequent this UPS Store then YOU should realize that YOU have to pay to have a package rerouted to a totally separate address.

Sara L

No problem, we'll get right on that. Consider.

it. done.

View more comments (2)

UPS review in Andalusia, Alabama: Repeated delivery failures

Today I waited all day for delivery of 2 toner cartridges only to check tracking to find my "out for delivery" package would not be delivered due to "conditions beyond their control". I'll loose another days work because of their screw up. The Enterprise location has screwd up so many of my deliveries it's not even funny. Once I had to go from house to house to find a long gun left on someones porch, without even a signature! A kid coulda picked it up. I've had to go to their location and pick up heavy equipment because their dumb *** drivers can't read a letter on the door. Over and over again this *** happens. If it has my name on the package they *** it up somehow. Funny thing they can find me when my husbands medication is being delivered.
Ups Delivery Service