Filter by rating
Product:

Update by user Aug 16, 2013

The location is California, not Washington. I don't know why it says that.:P

Original review posted by user Aug 16, 2013

About a week ago I ordered some books from Amazon for my school, unfortunately when they came in Thursday afternoon, one of them had pages that were upside down and backwards, so I had to make...

Sorry to hear that your UPS driver had a slight attitude with you. Your story actually sounds eerily similar to a exchange I had with a customer (I am also a UPS driver). Are you perhaps in Northern California? I was having a rough day and was bit behind on starting my residential deliveries. One of the stops I had to do a pick up from a residence much like yours. I arrive, knock at the door, no answer. So I write out an entire info notice, slap it on the door and hop back in the truck when the customer opens the door. Much like your story, the customer asks if I was there for a pickup. I answered almost exactly like you said the driver did 'I was, but you weren't answering' (which was true, because it took me about two minutes to write the info on the back of the call tag and the info notice). So the customer asks if I can wait while she gets the package. I answer 'sure' not excited that I have to wait even longer because I was already behind. Then she brings the package to the door. Mind you, I had already picked up two other returns and both of those weren't taped up. Usually I wonder silently in my mind if it's taped up. But after the first two I actually said it out loud 'is it taped?'. It wasn't and much like your driver I say 'no it's not, why would it be?'. She recommends the exact same thing you did, to use the call tag sticker as tape. But like this UPS driver told you, it HAS to go over the old label. Otherwise, the package could end up being delivered right back to you. I tell her I'll just tape it up when I get back to the building. Then I hand her the call tag receipt that has the tracking info for the package. The only difference in our stories is that I never give the garbage from the call tag sticker to the customer unless THEY offer to throw it away.

Anyhow, all I'm saying is to just keep in mind that the driver might not be having a good day. I know we're supposed to be professionals but we are still human. There's no excuse for rudeness, yes, but don't be so disappointed when they aren't always extra cheerful.

Seriously, are you in Northern California? Story sounded WAY too similar for me to not comment. If you are that same person, I apologize, and hope that hearing it from my perspective gives you more insight into why the interaction went the way it did.

View more comments
Ups Pick Up Service
Tags
  • warning
I had a package stolen from my house that was worth over $200. I reordered the item and requested that a signature be required for delivery, as I cannot sit home all day waiting for this package, and I was planning on having to go to the UPS dispatch to pick it up. ...

Humph! All this *** reminds me of an experience I had with a moving company once.

When I looked at the paperwork, the man in charge of the crew that did the moving assessed all of my stuff as "damaged" in some way shape or form. Deny it or not, but I KNOW that he did that just to cover the company's butt in case any damage did occur during the move.

View more comments
Ups Pick Up Service

UPS Lost Package, Will not take responsiblity

I contacted UPS to have the package held at the facility in order for me to pick it up first thing in the morning and not having to wait for the driver to delivery it by the end of the day since I needed the package to arrive before 12 noon. See UPS Note below: 08/15/2013, 4:20 P.M., A Delivery Change Request for this package will be processed. / As requested, the receiver will pickup at a UPS facility at their convenience. This must be within 5 business days. The following day, the note from UPS read: 08/16/2013, 7:56 A.M., The Delivery Change Request for this package has been completed. / As requested, the receiver will pickup at a UPS facility at their convenience. This must be within 5 business days. Per UPS comments, the package arrived to the facility at 6:38am on 8/16. I noticed there was another note added that read: 08/16/2013, 9:39 A.M. The business was closed today. A delivery attempt will be made on the next bbusiness day. / Package will be delivered next business day. So I immediately contacted UPS Customer Service because my business opens at 7:00am and no UPS driver had been there. The first agent was not helpful at all, repeating the same notes in the tracking system, so I asked to speak to a Supervisor. The Supervisor contacted the UPS facility in Miami, FL and spoke to Rosa, they contacted the driver and he said he didn't have the package in his truck. They looked for the package at the facility and they couldn't find it anywhere. After about 3 hours on the phone, trying to resolve this, the Supervisor said the only thing left to do was to request an "investigation" to try to find the package and if they couldn't find it they will then forward the request to the claims department to request a refund on the delivery charge plus UP TO $100 ON THE PACKAGE PRICE!!!! I paid $460 for this merchandise. I have to re-order the merchandise because my client needs it as soon as possible. I have to pay $460 again, plus a Rush Delivery (hopefully with FeDex, never UPS again, ever, ever) and they will only refund me $100 plus UPS shipping charge, and that's only if they can't find the package. If they finally find it, they will only refund me the delivery charge. Even though I will have to re-order the merchandise, no matter if the package is found or not, because my client needs it right away. Not to mention the horribly stressing situation this problem has caused me, I had to call the client and explain them UPS had lost the package they had been waiting for 5 days, even though it's not our fault, I still have to go thru this terrible stress and deal with an unhappy customer. UPS is simply washing their hands on this problem. I asked to place an investigation, as recommended by the Supervisor herself, and she said the investigation needs to be requested by the SHIPPER, not the receiver, even though I am telling her that the Shipper is not responsible for this mess, that the package was lost by the UPS facility in Miami and that this had been confirmed by the facility staff. I asked her why are you treating your customers like this, why are you making them suffer like this, there's no excuse, no reason for this. I will make sure every person I know knows about how terribly awful UPS service is. I will place a complaint on every website I can find. I would like a refund on all the expenses caused to my business because of UPS. That includes shipping charges plus the cost of replacing the merchandise and the Rush Delivery request. In total, that's $550 and I can send all the receipts as proof of my expenses.
Nick1346

Well, you realize that I can just reply here right?

Either way, I'll start off by stating that UPS and The UPS Store's are two different companies. The UPS Stores are individually owned and operated. I don't work for the heart of all evil, I work for my dad. He owns The UPS Store that I currently work at.

Secondly, I'm not trying to be a smart-***. I was trying to be helpful and inform you of the claims process. I am definitely not defending UPS here, they totally screwed up your package. It doesn't happen too often but when it does, it's bad!

I'm actually glad that they found your package and hopefully you'll get this all sorted out!

Nick1346

So are you a middle man here? Did you order it from another company and have it shipped to your customer? That seems to be what you said.

-If so, then UPS is right then you have no business according to UPS. It is true that somewhere in the re-routing process it was lost. That is UPS's fault.

-However, the shipper is only entitled to $100+shipping cost in reimbursement because it appears the shipper didn't insure the package to full value. That is the shippers fault.

-You are NEVER, EVER, EVER going to be reimbursed (by UPS) for the $550 if the shipper didn't insure the package to full value.

If you are the middle man then the company that sold the item will reimburse you for the $550, because is is the sellers responsibility to make sure the package arrived, it didn't, so you will be reimbursed!

@Nick1346

I ordered the merchandise from a Vendor (selling to the Trade Only) and it was shipped to my store. I was supposed to assemble it and take it to my customer.

Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but the UPS customer service supervisor said that IF the shipper insured the package to full value, UPS will only refund UP TO $100 of the declared value plus shipping cost. If the shipper didn't insure it, UPS will only refund shipping cost, and only after a 14 days "investigation." Either way, I'm loosing here.

My vendor will not get refunded the full value, so they will not reimbursed me for it either. And they don't have to, what happened here is UPS fault, not the shipper, not me, not my customer.

I will NEVER, EVER, EVER be refunded full value by UPS, for a package THEY LOST because unfortunately, I'm dealing here with UPS, a horrible company, you'd only have to read the terrible reviews all over the internet...

@Mary

Ok, that makes a bit more sense now...

However you are terribly misinformed. If the shipper insured it for $550, the shipper will be reimbursed the full value of $550. If it wasn't insured for additional value, you'll be reimbursed $100 and the shipping. That's how the insurance works! Unless it is a massive company with a discounted UPS Account Number without an option to add insurance, then they'll only be reimbursed shipping. (I doubt that though, that's only for company accounts like Amazon.com) Unless they're as big as Amazon.com, any shipment is automatically insured for $100!

Regardless, the company that sold it to you is financially responsible for refunding you! Not UPS. UPS is only supposed to refund the insured value to the shipper, NOT the recipient. In a court of law, the company is required to reimburse you, because it is a business's job to make sure an item is delivered to a customer.

PS. I work for a The UPS Store location. I know how this stuff works, and I've read almost all the reviews online! Almost all of them are BS, like this. They're all posted by angry people who don't understand what's going on. Less than 1/4 of them have any credibility at all.

@Nick1346

Ok, first let me begin by saying that calling my review BS is exactly the type of service I'd expect from someone working for UPS (or at a UPS Store, like you). That is the type of "customer service" I've been receiving from UPS ever since my ordeal with a lost package started yesterday.

Today I called UPS again to check on the status of the tracer request placed by the Shipper, and not only I had to explain the whole situation to the first customer agent on the phone, wait on hold for 25 minutes, then explain the whole situation AGAIN to another CS supervisor, but also I had to take from them the same "wise-***" attitude you're showing in your comments.

If I was terribly misinformed, it was by the UPS CS Supervisor herself, someone working for UPS, like you. So you see, UPS doesn't even train their staff to treat customers with respect, it seems one will tell you one thing, and another one will tell you something else.

I seriously doubt that I will get refunded even the $100, since apparently the package was "found" somewhere in Miami, and it's in "route" to who knows where right now. And I say this because I placed a request to hold the package at the local UPS Facility before this whole nigthmare started, so the package should not be "in route" to begin with, it should be at the UPS Facility as I requested. There's no phone number for the UPS Facility, you need to call the 800 number, and explain THE WHOLE STORY again to yet another CS Agent, who will then proceed to read to you the comments on the Tracking System (the comments you can read yourself online, you don't need a CS Agent for that) and then hear them say "ok this needs to be escalated to the tracing department so they can investigate... someone will call you back... blah blah blah..."

I have been going in circles with UPS since yesterday, and I don't see an end to it. Plus, as of today, no one has been able to explain me the following note on the tracking system:

-08/16/2013, 9:39 A.M. The business was closed today. A delivery attempt will be made on the next bbusiness day. / Package will be delivered next business day.

My business opens at 7:00 am, and no UPS driver was there during the day, plus, why would the driver have the package when there's a previous request in place asking to HOLD THE PACKAGE AT THE FACILITY FOR CUSTOMER PICK UP!!!!!

UPS calls it "a mystery", those are their own words.... "this requires more investigation"... that's what I call BS, sir.

So Nick, there's no doubt in my mind you work for this horrible company UPS, and "angry people" like me wouldn't even exist if UPS did the job they are paid to do.

I will repeat it to anyone who wants to hear it:

* DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH UPS EVER BECAUSE YOU'D BE SURE TO REGRET IT.

* DO NOT USE UPS. UPS IS THE WORST SHIPPING COMPANY ANYONE CAN DEAL WITH.

* AVOID UPS AS MUCH AS YOU CAN.

* STAY AWAY FROM UPS.

* USE ANY OTHER SHIPPING COMPANY INSTEAD OF UPS, IT WILL SAFE YOU A LOT OF TROUBLE AND SUFFERING.

View more comments (4)

UPS in Huntsville, Alabama - Two rates, same package

UPS store #4355 Huntsville, Alabama. yesterday evening i was quoted a rate to send PAPERS, less than a pound, to another state. today at UPS store, same papers, different rate. when asked why the difference (it was NOT a few cents, it was MANY dollars)and asked store to call their own 800# and see what rate they got quoted, i was told: why don't I CALL them again!!! seriously? THIS is how you respond to a customer? well...at least FEDEX is nearer to where i live and offers actual CUSTOMER SERVICE. wont EVER ship another thing UPS...their loss too, since holidays are big time shipping for this family. maybe they no longer NEED paying non corporate customers to stay in business.
Nick1346

Well, try to ignore the spammer.

As you should know, all The UPS Store locations are independently owned an operated. If another store made a mistake it is not a totally different store's responsibility to see what happened. I have absolutely no idea why you would want a store employee to call UPS's 800#, what does the 800# have to do with anything?

UPS's 800# (1-800-742-5877) is owned and operated by UPS! The shipping company. The UPS Store is totally separate from UPS. So, by connecting the dots you should now know that UPS's 800# has NOTHING to do with The UPS Store! Got that?!

Review

UPS in Hamilton, Ontario - "you have to come to the door to receive the package"

I have long been awaiting a package from the UK. It had been over 3 weeks since they had shipped it and said it would take 9 days. Finally I found a notice on the door that I missed the delivery and they would be back tomorrow from 10am until 5pm. So my family timed out our day so that there would always be two people at home. My mother goes out to run errands at 4pm. When she returns an hour later (I sat on the couch by the door the whole time waiting to no avail) she found another slip on the door saying that they had been by at 2pm. This is the 3rd time this has happened. I've even seen the guy write his slip in the truck and stick it on my door without knocking or even taking my box out of the truck. Then when we called their office and explained our situation and that we were not pleased, the woman on the phone told my mother that, "You know, you do have to go to the door to receive a package." Then they told us they were out of our area for the day and we'd have to wait until tomorrow.
Review
They just don't seem to care that they are in the business of delivering stuff to their customers. The whole experience of me receiving a package has been horrowing to say the least. and no amount of calls and mails help - and they genuinely try to *** of the customer...
Nick1346

I have absolutely no idea of what you are trying to say. Why would you email?

Email gets you no help. It is very slow because someone has to read it over then email you back.

If you called the 1800# and ask the automated system for a representative, you would be immediately connected. After that, explain your predicament and if it is a small problem then they will help you ASAP.

Ups Delivery Service

UPS Charlotte NC

Here we go again with these incompetents running UPS in Charlotte NC. Again another package delivered to the WRONG ADDRESS. File a complaint and never hear back from them. And they wonder why they are not used anymore. You pay a lot of money for them to get it right and they find a way to mess it up. Then you have to wait days for them to correct their stupidity. I use to work for UPS loading trucks in my younger days. And if you made a *** mistake like this, you were gone. It is just hard to believe the address is clearly stamped on the package and they still find a way to deliver it to an address that is not even close. They should make the one who makes the mistake, personally hand deliver the package with a full refund to the shipper. But again it is UPS. They can't spell delivery. My suggestion, and I really hate to say it because I have had my issues with them as well is using USPS. Never had issues with FedEx but of course I don't use them as often. Oh well, lets give them a shot. Just stay away from UPS and anyone who uses UPS. That is, of course, you want your package delivered.

UPS NON Service

UPS will not pick up on schedule for someone who pays for their service to do so when we complain they just laugh in your face. there is no way to talk to someone in authority I have been trying for months and just get a snotty attitude for an answer. WAKED UP U P S you are *** off your customers. I have to pay overtime or deliver my shipments to a UPS store myself oh by the way I pay for pickup service. the salesman for UPS just ignored my complaint and the local customer service person that called back was rude. the only nice people are the ones who answer the phone but can do nothing. what a job!!!

UPS in Chelmsford, Massachusetts - FRUSTRATED PACKAGE RECEIVER

While trying to locate my package I discovered that customer is useless to the package receiver. The phone number connects to a computer, not a real person and only does what it is programed to do. No provisions for lost packages exist. Their e-mail claim service is a big joke. They ask for information on the shipping label. If I don't have the package then I don't have the shipping label. You can't file a claim whithout it. I can't find any way to contact a living human being at UPS without going to their wharehouse and wasting more time. I eventually found my package at the end of my driveway 350 feet from my house 2 days later as I was leaving even though tracking said it was left on my front steps. Either the driver was too lazy to get out of his truck or he does'nt know to backup or turn his truck around. My main problem is with management. Why would they setup a customer line that does'nt provide any service?

Ups in canada

I was lied to, by their agents , they had us miss a day of work for nothing , an employee was twice rude and did not give a dam about his attitude . In short they just suck. I will just not do business with them and nor will I buy from company that do business with them . Although they wrote on their notice they would pass the next day they did not pretexting they could not talk to us on the phone ,they had the wrong number but on the waybill the phone number was ok. They just do not care about customer service
Nick1346

No, no don't tell us what happened. Just tell us they suck.

Why do people *** work to receive a package?

Ship it to a UPS Store or any mailbox store. Pay $5 to not lose a day's pay!

Ups Customer Care