Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

UPS in Oshawa, Ontario - Pick up location very far away, not open on weekends

I was not able to take time off work to be home for the delivery of my package, and the other option was to pick up the package myself from their location. The location was over 45 minutes away and wasn't open on weekends, so I had to rush after work and fight rush hour traffic to pick up a package that I'd paid to have delivered to me. It was completely inconvenient. And I live in Toronto, Canada's largest city. I cannot believe that is the best UPS can do. Surely I should be able to request that it be delivered to one of their locations closer to me.
LTCC

You did not address whether you asked them to reroute or not? did you?

@LTCC

They've never rerouted to other UPS stores that are closer when I've asked.

View more comments (1)
Tags
  • pick up location
  • not open weekends

UPS in Corpus Christi, Texas - DELIVERY LIES, BROKEN CONTRACT

My package was to be delivered on 11/19 "at the end of the day" ok, well i live in a gated condo development. So I worked at home that day to take delivery of the package which is a gift for my daughter. Because all delivery services are notorious for leaving your package on your doorstep where it can get stolen including USPS and UPS and FedEX. So there are so many issues that need to be addressed here. 1. They lie about delivery and attempts and cannot honor their contract with the consumer 2. They overbook their drivers to where they have to make a delivery about every 30 seconds, so the drivers HAVE to lie about what they are doing, attempted deliveries etc 3. After a complaint their CSR's constantly email you telling you how "sorry" they are, please send us more business, and spend your money with us, we promise we take complaints seriously blah blah but nothing seems to get resolved The definition of a civilized country is that it is a place where contracts are honored. This is why many countries in places like the middle east are not civilized. Because they lie to your face and do not honor their word or their contracts. I see this more and more in America. If our leaders can lie to us every time their mouth opens, it sets an example for business, sports teams, individuals, educators, attorneys, and so on, that it is ok to lie and not honor your contracts and committments. So unfortunately the UPS business model is broken probably because of mid managers trying to increase the bottom line for the stockholders anyway they can. Just screw anyone and run over anyone if you have to. Its a terrible disconcerting state of affairs. They need to be punished brutally...financially. That is the only way they will feel it. OR you can keep on taking their inferior selfish greedy incompetent service. Up to you. Good night and good luck...
Review

UPS says made delivery attempt but never happened

I was originally given a delivery date of 11/21 from 9:30am - 1:30pm for my package so I scheduled to work from home during that time. At 8:11am on 11/21, I received an email stating my delivery was delayed and would be delivered on 11/22 between 10:15am - 2:15pm. I adjusted my work schedule AGAIN to work from home during that time. I stayed at home until 4:15pm on 11/22 for delivery but no delivery person came. Then I looked on the UPS website which said a delivery attempt was made at 1:16pm and my delivery was again rescheduled for 11/25. I was sitting at home right next to my front door all day on 11/22 and there was no notice left so I know no delivery attempt was made. This is the second time this has happened for a UPS delivery at my address. UPS should monitor their drivers to ensure they are actually making the delivery attempts they are recording.

That just means it was misloaded and instead of sheeting it as such they have it sheeted as no one home. call corporate and demand a refund on shipping charges. They do have a way of knowing if the driver made a valid attempt

UPS in Petaluma, California - Day 1 XBox is now expected on Day 4.5

So much for Next Day Air. My Day 1 XBox was shipped on 11/18/13. On Day 1 (11/22/13) I get notified there is a sorting problem and it will arrive on Monday 11/25! Petaluma is just down the road - they screwed up and are not willing to fix their screwups. They could do it. It makes a huge deal of difference between getting a Day 1 xbox and a Day 4.5!!! I have a group of teenagers coming this afternoon to play with the XBox 1 day 1 and there will not be one. Microsoft also needs to take responsibility as it was their responsibility to get it to me so they did not choose a responsible delivery agent.
carolmaley

That's what I hoped. That's why I kept looking at the site and calling UPS and they kept on saying it's in the agent's hands, and they can't get me info on that.

So I thought (since they could not provide agent details) that they were holding it for the release date of today.

we still don't have it. UPS is now promising me it will be here tomorrow, but that is not reflected on their tracking website.

Yes, I'm pissed.

if they shipped it 1day it would have been delivered the 19th so... idk where you are coming up with 1 day and expecting it on the 22

carolmaley

Update: Microsoft did take responsibility and contacted UPS and got them to change it to Saturday delivery (which UPS said they would not do for me). Hopefully it will come tomorrow.

View more comments (2)

UPS in Lincoln, Nebraska - "delivered" package no where to be found

$500 bucks worth that UPS claims they delivered to my apartment complex's office. Except the office staff has no record of it ever being there and UPS shows it as "other-released" which is not something they've ever marked a package as before when its delivered to the office. Considering what it was, I'm betting the driver stole it. Will he face any punishment? Of course not. They'll never be able to prove it because they don't care to actually investigate unless they get enough "lost" packages from the same driver that it starts being more expensive than replacing him.

yeah a guy wants to lose a $70,000 job for 500, maybe the office stole it???

@reasoning

If you google "other: released" you'll soon come to the conclusion that it is UPS-speak for "fell off the back of the truck".

Your package is gone and you'll never see it again.

A little bit of internet searching and you'll realize UPS has a bad problem with driver theft, they know it, and are covering it up. Hence, the troll they have running around on sites like this bad mouthing irritated customers who have "lost" packages.

@i hate UPS trolls

google *** and you'll see "i hate ups trolls

View more comments (2)
Loss

UPS in New York, New York - Delivery person couldn't find my building which is 3 blocks away from their warehouse.

Since the delivery person couldn't deliver the package I asked to pick it up. So I get to the warehouse and the lady asked my ID, I show my driver's license, and she demands a bill that goes with the address the package is being delivered to. I don't pay my work bills, so that was impossible. I ask to see a manager and she says, there no manager and there're no supervisor, you deal with me. I spent 4 hours dealing with customer service and they were unable to help, saying if you want to have your package rerouted it's going to cost you. I will avoid UPS for the rest of my life. Try to do the same.
Ups Delivery Service

UPS Delivery people are not held accountable for the way they deliver a package however poorly it is done unless it is a package has to be signed for or damage is proven and reported!! Can you believe this?????? After I had to watch a package delivered with ((no knock on the door to let me know it was being delivered)) it rolled off our steps down our sidewalk and slammed on the ground, (and I With my Neuropathy and bad back) had to go out to retrieve it, then I pulled something in my stomach trying to lift the package I had no idea was that heavy and I had to get it at least onto our porch so no one could steal it till Jason gets home to pick it up because I have an appointment and can't just watch over it. I am OUTRAGED AT THE AUDACITY OF WHAT I WAS TOLD WHEN I CALLED TO MAKE A COMPLAINT!!!! As far as I am concerned UPS won't get anymore of my business and I plan on letting everyone I know What has happened! — feeling annoyed.

if you watched him deliver it the knock or bell makes no sense, you knew he was there, no? They don't have to carry in the house for you, they deliver to the door, and it would have been left even if you weren't home until Jason got home.

@reasoning

I wish "reasoning" would go back to 2nd grade for a class on reading comprehension. Your troll-posts make no sense. Are you in prison?

chrisdr

UPS does not hold people accountable like they should.

nikalseyn

Bad deliveryman. Contact the company that shipped the product to you and complain.

View more comments (3)
Review

UPS roanoke treat customers very rudely, no apology for their mistake

Update by user Nov 20, 2013

As the comments suggested, I have to mention clearly that I didn't go the first time they rudely asked me to leave. I admit this is my fault.

I should leave and complain with UPS about this. I did go when they were trying to call the police.

My complain on this post is that they rudely asked me to leave (given that I've done nothing wrong), and they have abused this right to *** off normal customers.

Original review posted by user Nov 20, 2013

Today, as UPS customers, my wife and I had a very bad experience at UPS center (Roanoke hub, 3941 Thirlane Rd NW, Roanoke, VA 24019). The workers even called police to evict me and my pregnant wife, from their 'private' land. The cause of this situation is really simple: I tried to understand why I can't pick up my packages which have been requested to be held at this facility (tracking #:1Z1Y2E020320492758). Amazingly, a male supervisor rudely refused our request and told us the only solution for us is to leave. He called the security before we realized what has happened. The security came and then called the police. We left before the police coming because I don't want my pregnant wife got hurt. But you can imagine our anger and confusion. Have we done anything abnormal or dangerous? Was my request unreasonable? On the way leaving I talked to 800-pick-ups and confirmed that at least one of my packages is still on held for pick-up at this facility. She told me I can pick it up today. Joking? Frankly speaking, my wife and I will never have my feet on this UPS land again. Here comes my question to this giant shipping company: Is this the way you have trained your employee to treat customers? I took 50 min's drive to pick up the package, but only got ice-cold faces and voices saying 'your choice is to leave'. No apology or 'sorry' during the entire process. Obviously there was something wrong with your interdepartmental communication. An apology will solve the problem easily. But your 'supervisor' just asked us to go. I was confused. Am I wrong? I did call to hold the package, and got confirmed. At least one package is still on your facility, but the 'supervisor' refused to give it to me, and he tried to evict us. The story sounds not interesting. And it has completely changed my impression on UPS. Something is wrong. I am sure I am not in the wrong side. I feel very unpleasant with this experience. I really hope to see how much UPS cares about customers' feeling, and their reputation. But I failed.

wth does being a minority have to do with it? And were you there at the specified time for the pick up or did you go and ASSUME your packages were there and then act like a combative consumer? You said 1 was there, had you called in for the hold for pick up??

MikeBrady

Oh, so you left the first time they asked you to?

vtriver1

OK. I agree.

I should leave and complain when I come back. The decision to stay there and argue with them was so ***. It is their right to ask me go.

I did go when they called the police. I just want to complain that they have abused this right to *** off normal customers.

MikeBrady

I think you left something out. Companies usually don't call the police about an inquiring customer.

vtriver1
@MikeBrady

Nothing left out. Just normal argument.

Everyone from this company assumes I've done something wrong.

I contacted UPS to complain. But no one has apologized. A manager from the corporate office called me but she is rude too. She kept on asking me what I have done to made the scene happen.

I told her I was trying to argue with the 'supervisor', just as what I was doing with you. And she insist they had done nothing wrong.

Though she said the local office will investigate, I have completely lose the faith of UPS and I will put this company on the 'garage' list. Do not even argue your rights with them, because they will easily call the security and police to evict you, no matter whether your are minority, whether you are pregnant, whether you are their customer for many years.

View more comments (4)
Ups Pick Up Service
Tags
  • no apoplogy

UPS in Lawrenceville, Georgia - Delivery mishap

I ordered a gift for my husband for Christmas through Amazon and it was shipped via ups. My husband generally travels for his job and is gone on weekdays. Well my husband decided to work from home on the week that his package was to arrive. I quickly called ups in order to have the package held at the store to be picked up bc it was a surprise for my husband. I called and spoke to a representative who informed me that the package would be held and available for pickup the following day. She even gave me an address to pick it up at. I gave them plenty of time to fulfill this change. Eventually I get a call for my husband asking me if I got him a new golf stand for Christmas. Irrate, I call ups to ask what happened. They inform me that there is no record of me calling and requesting the hold. They were not even sympathetic about the mixup. I just spoke to somebody overseas who was unable to help or console me. I am very unhappy with this service.

Be interested to know if you called the 800 #, or just a UPS store. If you called 800 at least 24 hours ahead of time they made a mistake. If you called a UPS Store they have no control over your package, they may have thought it was being shipped to their store and you just wanted it held.

MikeBrady

So you want to be consoled? Here you go: Oh my God, I am so sorry that the Golf Stand surprise was ruined!

I heard that UPS was supposed to deliver fresh water to the Phillipines but they were too busy trying to accommodate customers who want to customize deliveries at the last minute. But, hey, those people can wait! They have no idea what real tragedy is. A typhoon?

Wide spread destruction and death? Lack of clean water and food? No home to go to?

They can't hold a candle to your problem! By all means, UPS should cry you a river and make a formal public apology

@MikeBrady

lol she probably called in the day it was out for delivery and it was probably already delivered.

@reasoning

Do you read any of the posts you comment on? Do you know how to read?

Stop being a ***.

View more comments (4)
Ups Delivery Service

UPS in Brooklyn, New York - Delayed Delivery, Unacceptable Timeframes

Ordered a new cellphone on Thursday, selected two-three day shipping. Upon checking the tracking number provided thereafter, I saw that a signature was required to complete the delivery (relevance later). Woke up Friday morning, refreshed the tracking page, package listed as out for delivery. Due to my hearing impairment, it is very very hard for me to hear the door knocking or the doorbell being pressed if there are any other sources of sound. Spent entire day in the living room before giving up at 7pm. Saturday and Sunday are non-delivery days. Monday, woke up early to assure I would be awake during their 8a-7p time frame. Another day of waiting in the living room all day in relative silence. Gave up at 6:30 and went to the gym. Came back, note said delivery attempted at 6:45p and another attempt would be made at a time after 5p the following day. Not a huge deal, though irritating that it was last minute. Rearranged my entire for schedule the following day, did all my errands in the late morning through mid-afternoon. Arrived home at around 2p. Waited patiently until around 5p, refreshed the tracking page. They had attempted delivery 12:30. Called their customer service, very upset. Got condescended too and told it wasn't their problem, the note slips are just 'estimates' and deliveries could be at any time through out the day. So now I am in a situation where tomorrow I must again wait the entire day in silence waiting for the delivery. No loud noises, no going to any other part of the house, nothing. I have had similar issues with them in the past at different addresses regarding the horribly inaccuracy of their tracking page. USPS has bent over backwards many many times to help me out. I am done using UPS for anything. If a company only allows shipping through UPS, I will literally find a different source. I get that they can't give me a time frame accurate to within the minute, but showing up 5 hours different from the time on the slip is absolutely ridiculous.