Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show

UPS in New York, New York - Delivery person couldn't find my building which is 3 blocks away from their warehouse.

Since the delivery person couldn't deliver the package I asked to pick it up. So I get to the warehouse and the lady asked my ID, I show my driver's license, and she demands a bill that goes with the address the package is being delivered to. I don't pay my work bills, so that was impossible. I ask to see a manager and she says, there no manager and there're no supervisor, you deal with me. I spent 4 hours dealing with customer service and they were unable to help, saying if you want to have your package rerouted it's going to cost you. I will avoid UPS for the rest of my life. Try to do the same.
Review

UPS Delivery people are not held accountable for the way they deliver a package however poorly it is done unless it is a package has to be signed for or damage is proven and reported!! Can you believe this?????? After I had to watch a package delivered with ((no knock on the door to let me know it was being delivered)) it rolled off our steps down our sidewalk and slammed on the ground, (and I With my Neuropathy and bad back) had to go out to retrieve it, then I pulled something in my stomach trying to lift the package I had no idea was that heavy and I had to get it at least onto our porch so no one could steal it till Jason gets home to pick it up because I have an appointment and can't just watch over it. I am OUTRAGED AT THE AUDACITY OF WHAT I WAS TOLD WHEN I CALLED TO MAKE A COMPLAINT!!!! As far as I am concerned UPS won't get anymore of my business and I plan on letting everyone I know What has happened! — feeling annoyed.

if you watched him deliver it the knock or bell makes no sense, you knew he was there, no? They don't have to carry in the house for you, they deliver to the door, and it would have been left even if you weren't home until Jason got home.

@reasoning

I wish "reasoning" would go back to 2nd grade for a class on reading comprehension. Your troll-posts make no sense. Are you in prison?

chrisdr

UPS does not hold people accountable like they should.

nikalseyn

Bad deliveryman. Contact the company that shipped the product to you and complain.

View more comments (3)
Review

UPS roanoke treat customers very rudely, no apology for their mistake

Update by user Nov 20, 2013

As the comments suggested, I have to mention clearly that I didn't go the first time they rudely asked me to leave. I admit this is my fault.

I should leave and complain with UPS about this. I did go when they were trying to call the police.

My complain on this post is that they rudely asked me to leave (given that I've done nothing wrong), and they have abused this right to *** off normal customers.

Original review posted by user Nov 20, 2013

Today, as UPS customers, my wife and I had a very bad experience at UPS center (Roanoke hub, 3941 Thirlane Rd NW, Roanoke, VA 24019). The workers even called police to evict me and my pregnant wife, from their 'private' land. The cause of this situation is really simple: I tried to understand why I can't pick up my packages which have been requested to be held at this facility (tracking #:1Z1Y2E020320492758). Amazingly, a male supervisor rudely refused our request and told us the only solution for us is to leave. He called the security before we realized what has happened. The security came and then called the police. We left before the police coming because I don't want my pregnant wife got hurt. But you can imagine our anger and confusion. Have we done anything abnormal or dangerous? Was my request unreasonable? On the way leaving I talked to 800-pick-ups and confirmed that at least one of my packages is still on held for pick-up at this facility. She told me I can pick it up today. Joking? Frankly speaking, my wife and I will never have my feet on this UPS land again. Here comes my question to this giant shipping company: Is this the way you have trained your employee to treat customers? I took 50 min's drive to pick up the package, but only got ice-cold faces and voices saying 'your choice is to leave'. No apology or 'sorry' during the entire process. Obviously there was something wrong with your interdepartmental communication. An apology will solve the problem easily. But your 'supervisor' just asked us to go. I was confused. Am I wrong? I did call to hold the package, and got confirmed. At least one package is still on your facility, but the 'supervisor' refused to give it to me, and he tried to evict us. The story sounds not interesting. And it has completely changed my impression on UPS. Something is wrong. I am sure I am not in the wrong side. I feel very unpleasant with this experience. I really hope to see how much UPS cares about customers' feeling, and their reputation. But I failed.

wth does being a minority have to do with it? And were you there at the specified time for the pick up or did you go and ASSUME your packages were there and then act like a combative consumer? You said 1 was there, had you called in for the hold for pick up??

MikeBrady

Oh, so you left the first time they asked you to?

vtriver1

OK. I agree.

I should leave and complain when I come back. The decision to stay there and argue with them was so ***. It is their right to ask me go.

I did go when they called the police. I just want to complain that they have abused this right to *** off normal customers.

MikeBrady

I think you left something out. Companies usually don't call the police about an inquiring customer.

vtriver1
@MikeBrady

Nothing left out. Just normal argument.

Everyone from this company assumes I've done something wrong.

I contacted UPS to complain. But no one has apologized. A manager from the corporate office called me but she is rude too. She kept on asking me what I have done to made the scene happen.

I told her I was trying to argue with the 'supervisor', just as what I was doing with you. And she insist they had done nothing wrong.

Though she said the local office will investigate, I have completely lose the faith of UPS and I will put this company on the 'garage' list. Do not even argue your rights with them, because they will easily call the security and police to evict you, no matter whether your are minority, whether you are pregnant, whether you are their customer for many years.

View more comments (4)
Tags
  • no apoplogy

UPS in Lawrenceville, Georgia - Delivery mishap

I ordered a gift for my husband for Christmas through Amazon and it was shipped via ups. My husband generally travels for his job and is gone on weekdays. Well my husband decided to work from home on the week that his package was to arrive. I quickly called ups in order to have the package held at the store to be picked up bc it was a surprise for my husband. I called and spoke to a representative who informed me that the package would be held and available for pickup the following day. She even gave me an address to pick it up at. I gave them plenty of time to fulfill this change. Eventually I get a call for my husband asking me if I got him a new golf stand for Christmas. Irrate, I call ups to ask what happened. They inform me that there is no record of me calling and requesting the hold. They were not even sympathetic about the mixup. I just spoke to somebody overseas who was unable to help or console me. I am very unhappy with this service.

Be interested to know if you called the 800 #, or just a UPS store. If you called 800 at least 24 hours ahead of time they made a mistake. If you called a UPS Store they have no control over your package, they may have thought it was being shipped to their store and you just wanted it held.

MikeBrady

So you want to be consoled? Here you go: Oh my God, I am so sorry that the Golf Stand surprise was ruined!

I heard that UPS was supposed to deliver fresh water to the Phillipines but they were too busy trying to accommodate customers who want to customize deliveries at the last minute. But, hey, those people can wait! They have no idea what real tragedy is. A typhoon?

Wide spread destruction and death? Lack of clean water and food? No home to go to?

They can't hold a candle to your problem! By all means, UPS should cry you a river and make a formal public apology

@MikeBrady

lol she probably called in the day it was out for delivery and it was probably already delivered.

@reasoning

Do you read any of the posts you comment on? Do you know how to read?

Stop being a ***.

View more comments (4)

UPS in Brooklyn, New York - Delayed Delivery, Unacceptable Timeframes

Ordered a new cellphone on Thursday, selected two-three day shipping. Upon checking the tracking number provided thereafter, I saw that a signature was required to complete the delivery (relevance later). Woke up Friday morning, refreshed the tracking page, package listed as out for delivery. Due to my hearing impairment, it is very very hard for me to hear the door knocking or the doorbell being pressed if there are any other sources of sound. Spent entire day in the living room before giving up at 7pm. Saturday and Sunday are non-delivery days. Monday, woke up early to assure I would be awake during their 8a-7p time frame. Another day of waiting in the living room all day in relative silence. Gave up at 6:30 and went to the gym. Came back, note said delivery attempted at 6:45p and another attempt would be made at a time after 5p the following day. Not a huge deal, though irritating that it was last minute. Rearranged my entire for schedule the following day, did all my errands in the late morning through mid-afternoon. Arrived home at around 2p. Waited patiently until around 5p, refreshed the tracking page. They had attempted delivery 12:30. Called their customer service, very upset. Got condescended too and told it wasn't their problem, the note slips are just 'estimates' and deliveries could be at any time through out the day. So now I am in a situation where tomorrow I must again wait the entire day in silence waiting for the delivery. No loud noises, no going to any other part of the house, nothing. I have had similar issues with them in the past at different addresses regarding the horribly inaccuracy of their tracking page. USPS has bent over backwards many many times to help me out. I am done using UPS for anything. If a company only allows shipping through UPS, I will literally find a different source. I get that they can't give me a time frame accurate to within the minute, but showing up 5 hours different from the time on the slip is absolutely ridiculous.
Review

Don't Use UPS!!!! They will not honor damage claims!

I shipped an antique lamp covered the lamp for the full value. The box was clearly marked 5 times on each side Fragile. My customer received the package and the lamp was damaged. UPS takes not responsibility for their actions in the shipping process. I supplied them with pictures of the lamp before and after shipping. They stated, they needed to see the packaging. The customer threw the packing out, as anyone would do, so I lost out on the credit I issued to the customer for the damages. I was not going to have my customer pay full price for a damaged lamp. I will not do business any longer with them, why pay extra for insurance if they are not covering claims, and they are keeping the money. They are theifs. DO DO BUSINEES WITH UPS. I paid $259 to ship a lamp!

USPS will insure your package and help get it to the destination in one piece.

No matter how you pack it, UPS will claim it wasnt packaged properly.

The need to have the packaging is to see if the package was properly packaged. how many inches of padding surrounding, bubble wrap, styrofoam, peanuts, shrink wrap blah blah blah

Did you pack the item properly? Not what you assume to be properly packed, but as the UPS standards.

These standards are common for all carriers and can be found on each website. I have worked for UPS for 14 years and have only had 1 package damaged.

That is because I know how to pack. If a package is properly packed, very rarely will it get damaged, and if so UPS will honor a claim.

View more comments (2)

UPS - Automatic cancel of user registration accounts

I have a B2B company that occasionally needs to ship something on another company's UPS number. For that, a UPS account number is required. Fed Ex is easier to use, so I normally go with them. Well, it so happens I went 6 months without logging into the UPS account and they automatically deleted my username and password... and six years of valuable addresses in my online "UPS address book." So I called UPS and they said they sent me an email warning of the cancellation. I checked. Sure enough, I did get an HTML email which looks exactly like many fake UPS phishing spam emails I have also received to the same email account. So I thought it was a scam/spam and never dreamed UPS was actually threatening to cancel my account after 6 years unless I simply logged in. You know, as an owner of four companies I stay pretty busy. I don't have time to "log in" just for fun to a UPS account. I created the account, I expect to be there WHEN I NEED IT. Who the *** set this bird-brained policy at UPS? It costs NOTHING to leave a user account in place. There's no maintenance for electrons. And who decided that 6-months would be the arbitrary cut off date which is not even needed in the first place? And this company wants to compete with Fed Ex? Wow. And do they not know by now that phishing scammers copy their exact HTML style? What really puzzles me is this: with all the advertising they do to attract customers, why on earth would UPS deliberately dismantle their own production lines that feed their business? I can bet however I got the answer: some genius thinks that by forcing people to log in every 6 months, that is going to result in an shipment. In my case I hereby promise to use FED EX or USPS exclusively and only use UPS and their stumblebum system as a last resort.

So you were to busy to log in, but you have time to complain that you didn't bother to read the email notice?

Tags
  • auto cancellations

UPS in Cambridge, Ontario - Did not pick up parcel

called in for pickup made arrangements for pick up nobody showed up wasted 3 hours of my time on a Friday evening waiting for someone that wasn't going to show up not very professional have nothing to say goodbye to you guys now for sore bad enough you guys can't drive I should expect you guys to show up for parcel either pathetic pathetic pathetic pathetic pathetic pathetic pathetic pathetic pathetic pathetic pathetic pathetic pathetic pathetic pathetic pathetic pathetic pathetic pathetic pathetic pathetic pathetic pathetic patheticby the way did I mention pathetic by the way did I mention how pathetic yes I am one very unhappy customer

UPS in Norman, Oklahoma - No refund

I order some stuff for 1 day shipping. They never told me I would need a signature. I thought they would just drop it off at the door, but no they took it back and said they cant give me back the one day delivery refund because they tried to deliver it. RIP OFF! They try to tell me they'll try again the next few days, but I will be gone all the times they would drop it off. I only have a bike and can't go pick it up myself (beats the purpose of a delivery)UPS sucks. They pretty much *** people out of shipping money. Hopefully I can get my stuff because I ordered one day shipping for a reason! They were presents for someone's birthday! UPS can go burn in ***.

Ups has nothing to do with how you selected to have it shipped. Ups had nothing to do with the shipper deciding to make it a signature required delivery.

The shipper could just as easily selected basic, which is an automatic driver release, no signature required, even if you lived in an undesirable release area. Ups did everything they were paid to do by the shipper, take it up with them

Think about this.

The party you ordered the item from put a signature required on the shipment.

Had the other party informed you of this at the time you ordered it, you would have been able to advise them that no one would be home and to leave it without a signature.

If they insisted on a signature, you could have had it sent to a different address where it could have been signed for.

UPS followed the Shipper instructions for a signature in this case they did nothing wrong.

Your anger is better to be directed at the shipper who insisted on a signature.

View more comments (1)

UPS in Atlanta, Georgia - Package delivery

I ordered a pkg from QVC and UPS would not leave it at neighbors apt even though it was in next bldg. When I went to UPS facility I was told that it was at drivers discretion to leave it not., so instead of leaving pkg UPS came to my apt 3 times and could have left pkg on second trip. It was a wedding gift and I couldn't get it in time to leave for wedding. This is lousy service from a company that I have trusted for over 40 yrs. From now on it will bEe FEDEX OR USPS.

do you think the driver can just go to 2 addresses for 1 package? That's not a cost effective or productive way to operate a business. You could have paid for the reroute to the alternate address, problem solved.

The UPS driver has no responsiblity to leave a package other than where the label indicates. It is not a choice for him.

Knowing you wouldn't be home, you as the reciever could have made arrangements to have it held for pick up at the hub, or at a UPS Store. Regardless I am sorry it didn't make the wedding.

View more comments (1)