Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

UPS - Damaged cargo

I work on the road 350 days a year and I ship my luggage from job ti job to save time and space in my vehical. I shipped my luggage three days before I left for north dakota. They lost my package then shipped it to me showing up over 2weeks late. The when I opened it almost all my stuff was broke. I called their claims and no one could help me. I had over 2000$ worth of stuff broke from my brandnew laptop to my ps3. Not happy with any of this, I will never ship amother thing with ups.
$2000

UPS in Davenport, Florida - No care for parcel delivery

On occasion I have had to go for the delivery options on a purchase which has meant through no choice of my own that UPS were the carrier, almost in every instance I have order valuable electronic items off Ebay and the delivery should be recorded and signed for, on at least 5 times I have lost my items because the lazy SOB driver can't be bothered to do his/her job and just leaves my parcels on my doorstep, they don't even ring the bell. I have been driving down my road when the delivery truck has been in front of my house, and I saw the driver get out, walk half way towards my door, throw the item on the door step and calmly walk back to the truck and drive off. The item was damaged and when I filed a report they refunded the cost of the item with some half baked apology. I have never signed for my items they have ALWAYS been left on my doorstep. They don't understand the meaning of the word Logistics. Shame on you.

UPS in Georgetown, Kentucky - Delivered wrong address, won't fix

Package to be delivered with signature required. Check tracking and it says delivered in wrong town. Sure enough it was delivered to a company's return center and UPS says they can't do anything unless the company contacts them to say they have an extra package. Lead time is 2-3 days just to hear from company return center before the package is reshipped to me. Customer service offered zero assistance or solution to remedy their mistake. Was told numerous times "I'm just telling you the way it is." Are you freaking kidding me??? I am more than fed up with this incompetent company.
Service
Ups Delivery Service

UPS in Las Vegas, Nevada - Change my package delivery date 5 days

I bought an item from eBay and they ship it ups and delivery date was 11/27/2013 but I found later they change delivery date to 12/02/2013, and the package was sitting in my city Las Vegas ups. I will never buy from any company or sellers in eBay or Amazon or any other website if they ship with ups period. We should teach these *** company that we are the consumer are the power and we can do big damage to these useless companies, we should be standing together to teach them lesson won't forget, just hit them where it hurts there pocket.
Review

UPS in West New York, New Jersey - Package left in front office but never rang door bell now this package is lost!

I can't believe how if ups delivers items but doesn't make an attempt to ring door bells, just leaves packages an are not to blame if package is lost,where do they hire these workers I'm ashamed to use UPS again, but any other carrier would make an attempt like FedEx which leave door tags. I don't know why anything hasn't been done to improve this. I wonder if any complaints will be looked at from this company. Don't these workers read if there are notices not to leave packages an do why are customers paying for it,not the individual who made this error?
Loss

UPS in Milwaukee, Wisconsin - UNRELIABLE didn't deliver according to tracking on Website or Customer Service

UPS can not seem to deliver on time....they have been unsuccessful delivering my packages ON TIME on more then one occasion. The dates they promise on the website tracking and when I contacted the company directly were both incorrect. If there is any option to order through FedEx or the direct postal service I would recommend that over UPS. Both other companies seem to have delivered my packages sooner then UPS. Horrible customer service as well....unwilling to refund me a measly $13 for my shipping cost (considering the size of there company...I can't imagine $13 would break the bank). Poor Business, Poor customer service! I suggest everyone contact the sender prior to orders regarding what shipping company they use and requesting another if ups is their option.
nikalseyn

UPS is a unionized company. FedEx is not and as such, is much more reliable with better employees, etc.

I highly recommend FedEx. We stopped using UPS a few years ago when their service started downhill. Apparently, only getting worse.

Try FedEx. Also, stay away from the USPS if you value customer service.

UPS in Edmonton, Alberta - Didn't deliver

Not only did they not deliver on the scheduled delivery date due to an "emergency out of the control" the next day they make me sit around and wait from 8am till 7pm and when asked where my package is their response is we have no way of contacting our drivers. Is this their first day on the job? Is this their first time they've ever had an "emergency"? I doubt it I believe that there is some sort of disconnect between their branches and in their procedures that makes them the worst delivery company out there. I'd rather ship things using the regular post office becaubecause I've never had a problem
Tags
  • shipping and delivery

UPS in Brecksville, Ohio - Poor delivery record

on multiple occasions ups has failed to deliver my package. i have a doorbell the delivery driver has never used it twice in the past year I've been home waiting for a delivery only to step outside and see a failed delivery note saying they would return the next day. I was home on both occasions and never heard my doorbell which works perfectly fine. Not only did they not ring my doorbell I wonder if they even knocked seeing as I own two dogs that never fail to alert me win someone is at the door. On a separate occasion I was expecting a packages and I did hear them at the door only to get to the door and find they had already left. No delivery person no truck even in the time it took me to walk through two rooms in my house the had completely vanished. now I try to avoid ups at all cost.

UPS WILL NOT PAY ON A CLAIM SAYS PURCHASED INSURANCE IS NOT INSURANCE

I shipped several dishes in a special box purchased at U-haul extra thick , lined it with foam, and used peanuts, confetti and foam wrap. covered the lamp for the full value. The box was clearly marked 5 Fragile. Mr. Gibson at UPS said it doesn't matter if you mark if fragile, they do not orient packages or read fragile on the side of the box...Mr. Russell Gibson also said that the insurance you purchase on a package is not insurance it is declared value if UPS says its worth the declared value....they make this determination not YOU. I WILL NEVER SHIP WITH THEM AGAIN.....

You cannot take a $10 item and declare it for $500 and expect to get $500. You have to prove it was worth $500.

It is regretable your items were damaged. U-haul boxes or not shipping boxes, they are moving and storage boxes.

They are of lesser quality and strength than what a UPS Store would sell and use. Confetti is not a good thing to pack with, and occured damage does depend alot on how your itmes were packed: proper space between items, and items and the box sides. Declared value is used for the simple fact UPS will only pay a claim on what the items are worth.

If you the customer can prove their value with receipts or replacement value they will pay a claim.....IF your items were packed correctly. For instance....if $500 of declared value was taken out, and a $40 set of dishes were broken, the claim is settled for $40.

View more comments (1)

UPS in Bedminster, New Jersey - Packaged Damaged

I sold an explosion proof heater to a guy on ebay for $600 and shipped it via UPS package. I was pushing the weight limit but got it under the max weight allowed. This thing was well built. I paid $142.00 for shipping. It showed up in NJ badly damaged. Like $1,200 worth of damage. I had refunded the money and had it shipped back. The replacement cost of the unit was $3,500, repair cost was $1,200 and actual cost was $600. This was the first package I had shipped that was worth over $100, so I didn't know I should claim anything or add insurance. I jumped through the claims hoops and found the proof I needed. In the end I got my shipping charges refunded and $100. I find it ridiculous you can pay for something to be shipped by a company and have it damaged while in their possession and get shafted for not paying for extra protection, when I thought thats what I was paying for to begin with. Here is an excerpt from their website on the values side of things: "Integrity - It is the core of who we are and all we do. Service - Serving the needs of our customers and communities is central to our success. Quality and Efficiency-We remain constructively dissatisfied in our pursuit of excellence." Lets pick this apart. Integrity? If you broke it, you fix it, the right way. Service? What a joke. I was told sorry. Great service? Not in my book. Quality? Maybe if my package showed up ithe way I left it with them. All in all, won't be shipping with them again.

Of course, it was only worth more than $100 when it got damaged.

On the other side, folks will take a $50 item, declare it for $500 and scream on here that they did not get their $500, by acceting it with a declared $500, UPS should pay the $500.

The original poster here dances around the fact, but never comes right out and says it; he didn't purchase the correct amount of insurance. The primary reason is to save $; since they charge the sender based on the value that the sender declares.

This person declared a $100 value to lie and save money. Then he packaged his box very poorly. If a box is properly packaged; it will be able to sustain a 10' drop onto concrete.

If it cannot; then you did not package it properly. Sorry, too bad, so sad, :cry :cry :cry :cry

wpalaniz
@cry now that u read this

No dancing. You're right, I didn't purchase the correct amount of insurance.

I admitted this to UPS when I spoke with them. I simply find it odd one would need to when they should be taking responsibility for it when they take possession of the item. If I had purchased the extra insurance, would they have taken better care of it? Why would they not take the same care with each package?

and if THEY damage it, why would THEY not make it right? If a friend lent you something, you broke it, would you not fix it? And in regards to "This person declared a $100 value to lie and save money." I realize the mind makes shortcuts, however simple minds make the shortest, proven by this erroneous remark of yours, and this was actually not the case at all.

The purchaser paid the S&H on this item and so shipping cost was of no relevance to me. :)

Your item was automatically covered for $100. UPS does not usually investigate claims for that amount.

It does not mean your item was properly packed. They will pay the $100 rather than send someone to investigate. Since it was damaged it probably was not. Again check on the website or a UPS Store.

My name is of no relevance. I do not work for UPS but have been in the shipping business a while.

I just try to get the word out that the tools are out there for successful shipping if people use them. I know it means nothing, but I am sorry your shipment was damaged.

@Anonymous

I actually thank you for the empathy. I did want feedback as the ways to prevent this in the future.

The thing that struck me odd was the final setences you included of, "Oh yeah, IF you had purchased extra value coverage."I didn't know" is not acceptable." That struck me as "an attack", if you will. I do appreciate the helpful information regarding the situation and how to prevent it in the future.

Was your item properly packed? Not how well you think it was packed, but according to carrier guidelines.

These can be found on UPS, FedEx, or any other carrier's website. If your item was properly packed your claim would have been paid. Oh yeah, IF you had purchased extra value coverage.

"I didn't know" is not acceptable.

@Anonymous

Anonymous? Really?

It was packaged properly. If you read the comment, the claim was paid. However, it wasn't paid for the actual value of the item, which was the "cheapest" way for UPS to get out of it. I realize "I didn't know" isn't a reasonable excuse on my end, but is them damaging a package in their possesion and then telling me, due to the fact I didnt pay extra coverage, it was my fault?

is that acceptable?

Also, I find it funny you're posting is anonymous. If you believe the BS spilling forth from your mouth, stand behind it.

@wpalaniz

Angry people always want names, numbers, and addresses so they can come physically attack you. Else they wouldn't need to know and it would make no difference.

Prove me wrong.

:x :x

The only people who demand names, location, etc, do NOT want a level playing field like anonymity. Fairness isn't in their game plan.

@duh

Actually I feel cowards hide behind anonymity. As a grown man, or woman, you should be able to stand behind the words you speak, if you choose to speak them.

I can't say I've ever physically attacked anyone. I have been known to engage in a battle of wits however. I encourage a "level playing field", sadly, as I think is being proven by yourself, people cling to excuses and anonymity to hide their lack of A. Knowledge of the situation and B.

Intelligence.