Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

UPS - Lost Package, Rude Assistant

I received a post card from UPS stating that my package was being held at their location in Commerce City, CO because they didn't have my apartment number. So I called; the guy was very nice, patient, and helpful and said he added my apartment number. I received ANOTHER post card a few days later saying the same thing. So I called again and this time was helped by a woman who said my package was delivered to a completely different address and that I would have to call tomorrow to speak with the Investigations department. Now, I work in Customer Service so I was not rude to her at all because I know it was in no way her fault. But I wish I'd gotten the woman's name because when I asked her if it was likely that the Investigations department would be able to get my package back she simply stated again that I'd have to call back tomorrow to speak with someone else. When I was in the middle of thanking her for checking around for me, she HUNG UP on me! If I ever hung up on a customer my boss would jump down my throat, and if I'd gotten her name I definitely would have called back and asked to speak to a manager about her. Very rude, very frustrating, and she very obviously didn't care at all. From now on I will be using any shipping company other than UPS.
Review

UPS in Dallas, Texas - Package late, paid 2nd air, weather good, excuse bad weather and its 5 miles from me

I've never had a problems with UPS before, but when you do its a disaster. I have adopted a family that could not provide presents to their kids this year due to circumstances. The party is supposed to be 12/14 today. My package was suppose to be here on the 10th....but its been sitting in Mesquite, TX since then and I am only 5 miles away, the real kicker is the weather has been nice since the 10th and it gets posted due to bad weather.....Where are you driving it to? to get 5 miles? Alaska. You send a email to CS and it says you will have a email in 1 business day....I've sent two emails now and more than 1 business day has passed. What is UPS doing to make up the shipment costs (obviously it nots coming in 2nd day air, and obviously the weather is NOT preventing it) and are they working on Saturday and Sunday to get these packages delivered? Maybe it wouldn't be so upsetting, if the package was even moving but all the packages in Mesquite seem to be sitting for days....Maybe tonight....UPS will show up at the Christmas party for the adopted families and be dressed like Santa and make this delivery, probably not, and I will be sure to take a picture of that kid that there is no present under the tree for....If you want to make it right, work longer hours and the weekend, the rest of America has too when they have a job to be delivered by a deadline. No excuses, just make it right

Update on my package..It show to be scheduled by end of day today the 17th(yesterday 15th it showed that)....Finally....But now again you can see below its gone to Mesquite to Dallas to Mesquite to Dallas to Mesquite and now its back to Date unavailable for delivery as of now.....2nd day air

Location Date Local Time Activity

Mesquite, TX, United States 12/17/2013 10:00 A.M. Your package encountered a delay. We expect your delivery will be postponed by one business day.

Dallas, TX, United States 12/17/2013 6:38 A.M. Departure Scan

Mesquite, TX, United States 12/17/2013 6:34 A.M. Arrival Scan

Dallas, TX, United States 12/16/2013 10:17 P.M. Arrival Scan

Mesquite, TX, United States 12/16/2013 9:48 P.M. Departure Scan

12/16/2013 6:00 A.M. Your package encountered a delay. We expect your delivery will be postponed by one business day.

Mesquite, TX, United States

12/11/2013 2:00 P.M. Network disruption due to prior weather conditions, check ups.com for further updates.

Mesquite, TX, United States

12/10/2013 11:00 P.M. Network disruption due to prior weather conditions, check ups.com for further updates.

Lexington, KY, United States 12/10/2013 5:24 A.M. Departure Scan

12/10/2013 1:01 A.M. Arrival Scan

South Charleston, WV, United States 12/09/2013 9:43 P.M. Departure Scan

12/09/2013 8:15 P.M.

Origin Scan

United States 12/09/2013 6:13 P.M. Order Processed: Ready for UPS

Shipping Information To:

ROWLETT, TX, US Shipped By UPS 2nd Day Air®

I have the EXACT same problem! I'm not 5mi away but this is the same line of bull I'm getting.

I placed my order on NOV 30 and still haven't received it!

I called the shipper of the package and THEY told me that my delivery was TRANSFERRED to USPS and I should get it by Dec 17.

The shipper was able to give me more info than UPS! :(

If UPS is only (5) miles from your home,Why did you not just drive the (5) miles to pick up the package yourself.UPS is out and Working because i recieved my package on this past wed.Give the people a break.Complain about something that is important,If you can't wait go pick up your own "DAM PACKAGE".And know i do not work for UPS but if i did,I would tell all of you to "KISS WHERE THE SUN DOES NOT SHINE".

@BECKY

Thank you for your comment. I got a reply from UPS last night:

Unfortunately, our records do not show the new delivery date.

I encourage you to continue tracking this package online to obtain the current status.

This is about a business transaction and a hefty price for delivery 2nd day air. Delivery date was to be December 11th. I also work M-F during their hours and UPS doesn't happen to be open on Saturday or Sunday for pickup or I would be happy to pick it up.

Maybe you didn't read the title of the URL of this site we are commenting on. Have a Merry Christmas!

Grow up! You could have purchased the gifts at stores, instead of ordering them. When I need something by a certain date, I make sure I order it a about a month to six weeks ahead of time.

@anonymous

You know why this is an idiotic comment? Because the responder is suggesting that it is the submitters fault for ordering something online.

That purchase, including delivery, was a business transaction that is just as valid as anything else. It is not like UPS is doing favors or delivering for free...

UPS (and specifically this hub) really does have a problem - with both logistics and customer service. Now they are trying to fix it, but unfortunately the older packages are not moving because they are delivering newer packages first to save the bottom-line.

rfraw2001
@Anonymous

Thank you!!! And you are definitely right they are moving newer packages before the earlier ones from the week, even with the normal delivery schedule.

Have a Happy Holiday!!!

rfraw2001
@anonymous

Thanks for your comment, but you must not understand that sometimes when you adopt a family you have limited time to get the gifts in, and in this case its sold out in the stores, this was the one thing this little boy wanted and I made special arrangements to pay a higher price in order to get for him and to pay for 2 day air delivery. Its rather immature your comment since we are talking about the fact that UPS customer service is not responding, the fact that the hub is 5 miles aways and they are putting "weather conditions" as why they didn't deliver yet and there has been no issues in Mesquite for weather the majority of the week.

No reason when you pay for 2nd day air for this to be happening. Hope you have a Merry Christmas....

View more comments (7)

UPS in Phoenix, Arizona - Terrible delivery service

For two consecutive times UPS has goofed up my scheduled delivery from Oakland California to Scottsdale AZ. Their tracking information states that even though the most recent package arrived in PHX at about 1AM on Friday morning, the package sat there w/out being sent to the Tempe delivery center until almost 24 hrs later. They then refuse to deliver until sometime next week. The excuse given both times was train derailments (even though the pkg did not go via rail). Tempe is about 5 minutes from Phx! The US postal service is now more reliable than UPS. I pleaded with them to get it on a Saturday truck, but they refused. UPS has become a very unreliable place for consumers.

How do you know it did not move by train from CA to AZ?

Tags
  • UPS Unreliable and Unresponsive

UPS in Herriman, Utah - Package was out for Delivery and Required Signature. Wasted Time

UPS tracking said package was out for delivery and required a signature. I waited around all day because it said that it would be delivered by the end of the day which was 7:00 PM. It also said that it may be delivered later. I kept tracking status updates on their website that kept saying it was still to be delivered. Finally the next morning I received an update that it would not be delivered until the next Monday. The agent on the phone apologized and said the scans were mistaken. This wasted so much of my time and got me excited to receive my package.

UPS Package stuck at Mesquite TX Hub for Days

UPS says that my package is delayed in Mesquite TX because of weather. Well, that weather happened a week ago! I've had other packages move through that same hub since then that were sent after the weather occurred. When asking UPS about this, they told me they had 40 containers sitting there that have not been touched and they are processing new containers first ... which is absolutely ***! They should process older containers first ... gee, that is simple common sense! Then they tell me to track the package on ups.com, which is a joke since the package is not moving! If they put a webcam on it, at least I could track how much dust is accumulating on it!

Yeah this is BS. You would think older packages would get out first.

That's what most professional businesses do. I was suppose to get my package last Saturday and it is still there not moving.

UPS in Corvallis, Oregon - Unemployment Credit Card Lost, Lied to Re Delivery

MD unemployment card was sent to my address in OR on 12/9/13. Was told 12/12/13 it had been held up by weather but would be delivered by 7pm that day or the next day, Friday 12/13. By the end of the day today, it still had not been delivered. Called UPS again and was told first that it had not been delivered due to weather and second that the package was supposed to be delivered today, but that it had not been scanned into the delivery truck. Later told package lost in Texas. Bank is re-mailing with UPS. 5 more days without food or heat. DON'T USE UPS!
nikalseyn

You are supposed to have 6 months savings for just such emergencies, like losing your job, etc. One has to anticipate.

Tags
  • UPS fraud

UPS SAID THEY DELIVERED MY PACKAGE AND NEVER DID!

I got off work and waited for UPS to deliver a laptop I ordered online as a Christmas gift for my mom. I checked the tracking information and it showed my package was delivered at 2:30 PM and signed by me. I didn't even get home from work until 3 PM and I live alone so no one could have signed. UPS wasn't helpful and just kept saying "we show it was delivered and you signed for it before finally telling me to contact the sender to file a claim. She also claimed they do not keep track of the drivers so they had no information as to who delivered it. Such B.S.!!

This just happened to me too. Waited all day for my package ( for christmas gifts )because the tracking info said it was going to be delivered by the end of the day.

Re- checked it online at 6pm because package hasn't arrived, but UPS tracking update stated that it was delivered at 4:45pm and left at "front door". What happened to ringing the door bell? Why would the driver leave a package in front of my door along a busy street? So frustrating!!!

I called UPS customer service and told me to call the shipper so they can start to investigate.

Got a refund from the shipper and had to re-do Xmas shopping because UPS is unreliable. What a hassle.

Loss

Parcel left in UPS facility, not delivered

I was told specifically that my package would be delivered on Wednesday December 11th. I arranged for someone to be here all day. The package never arrived and I received no notice. Thursday the driver showed up and again no notice after what happened the day before as to when it should arrive, AND they wanted $23.65 for Brokerage C.O.D. dues on top of the $20 shipping fees I already paid, this being payable to UPS. My husband didn't have it on him so he left a notice that a second delivery attempt would be made on Friday. I again waited all day, no delivery and when tracking I found it was left in the UPS facility, UNREAL! By now I no longer have patience or time for this. I am now going to have to pick it up and still end up paying almost $45 to UPS which is about 3/4 the cost of the item I ordered. Never again will I choose UPS, they have really bad business practices!

A C.O.D is placed by the shipper and or tarriff fees for importing goods from another country. Before you bad mouth UPS, you should educate yourself.

The merchant you ordered from is practicing bad business, UPS is merely the carrier. Don't get mad at the messenger.

@Anonymous

Doesn't matter, they still did not inform me about these fees so that I could be prepared. On top of that when I went to pick it up, guess what?

It was stuck in one of their trucks and they could not retrieve it and I made that long trip for nothing! Something is wrong with their system and it is very disorganized. This week has been *** for me and It's not the merchant to blame, as far as the merchant goes everything came through fine on their part. When they tell me a delivery date on 3 separate occasions and they fail to bring it and I have to make sure myself or someone takes time off work to be here, then who's fault is it?

And who's fault is it when UPS tells me I can pick the package up at the UPS facility and I go there and they can't even find it? They should have informed me about the so-called brokerage fee, I would have had no problem if I was notified ahead of time. It was all-around bad business, and not just one occurrence, 4 times.

I could let one, or even twice go by, but this was just ridiculous! I have every right to complain about that!

View more comments (1)
Loss

UPS in Metabetchouan-Lac-A-La-Croix, Quebec - Failed to deliver on time, double billed me, tried to confuse me out of a refund by providing different names for the same fees

I ordered a package (2nd Dec), it was late (intended date 5th). I paid the duties/taxes/shipping to the sender, UPS attempted to charge "brokerage fees" again on delivery (6th) to a relative who refused the package on that basis (she isn't winning any awards either imo). From there it took them a full week to deliver the package 30 minutes away (13th), they again charged brokerage fees but this time they were paid. I was assured by 3-4 representatives that my package would arrive on the 11th. (I called them a lot since they seemed to be in a perpetual state of confusion) Between this I had contacted the sender and they had assured me that they had spoken with UPS and that I would not be billed anything on delivery. When I called UPS to tell them I had already paid shipping/duty/taxes they informed me that the fees I paid them were different as these charges were to be remitted to the government. Upon further pressing for what "brokerage fees" were, I was told they were basically shipping/duty/taxes. They inform me now that they will be able to look into this on December 30th when they have registered my proof of payment. Today is the 13th. I hate UPS.

UPS in Middletown, New York - Poor treatment, ripping employees off

I was a driver helper and was informed that every friday the driver would give me my paycheck. They don't give out work on fridays as a result. They said they paid $8.50 an hour and turns out they do but only offer 3 hour shifts, they wait for you to find that out though. I called a number of times and was screamed at over the phone and then hung up on by Lisa from New Windsor. Also Lisa was calling my house at 5am waking my family up to say "I NEED YOU TODAY.........meet your driver at x location" and can you guess what time the meet was ? 11am....and she called at freaking 5am !!!!! WTF

also dave and corey as well as lisa say they will call you right back and do not on top of refusual to give me the money I earned. UNPROFESSIONAL.

nikalseyn

So, you obviously don't like the job. Quit and find another. With your skills, that shouldn't be too hard to do.

@nikalseyn

Its a on call job for side cash just writing a review so others know not to work for or give money to ups.

View more comments (2)