Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

UPS in Phoenix, Arizona - Terrible delivery service

For two consecutive times UPS has goofed up my scheduled delivery from Oakland California to Scottsdale AZ. Their tracking information states that even though the most recent package arrived in PHX at about 1AM on Friday morning, the package sat there w/out being sent to the Tempe delivery center until almost 24 hrs later. They then refuse to deliver until sometime next week. The excuse given both times was train derailments (even though the pkg did not go via rail). Tempe is about 5 minutes from Phx! The US postal service is now more reliable than UPS. I pleaded with them to get it on a Saturday truck, but they refused. UPS has become a very unreliable place for consumers.

How do you know it did not move by train from CA to AZ?

• UPS Unreliable and Unresponsive

UPS in Herriman, Utah - Package was out for Delivery and Required Signature. Wasted Time

UPS tracking said package was out for delivery and required a signature. I waited around all day because it said that it would be delivered by the end of the day which was 7:00 PM. It also said that it may be delivered later. I kept tracking status updates on their website that kept saying it was still to be delivered. Finally the next morning I received an update that it would not be delivered until the next Monday. The agent on the phone apologized and said the scans were mistaken. This wasted so much of my time and got me excited to receive my package.

UPS Package stuck at Mesquite TX Hub for Days

UPS says that my package is delayed in Mesquite TX because of weather. Well, that weather happened a week ago! I've had other packages move through that same hub since then that were sent after the weather occurred. When asking UPS about this, they told me they had 40 containers sitting there that have not been touched and they are processing new containers first ... which is absolutely ***! They should process older containers first ... gee, that is simple common sense! Then they tell me to track the package on ups.com, which is a joke since the package is not moving! If they put a webcam on it, at least I could track how much dust is accumulating on it!

Yeah this is BS. You would think older packages would get out first.

That's what most professional businesses do. I was suppose to get my package last Saturday and it is still there not moving.

UPS in Corvallis, Oregon - Unemployment Credit Card Lost, Lied to Re Delivery

MD unemployment card was sent to my address in OR on 12/9/13. Was told 12/12/13 it had been held up by weather but would be delivered by 7pm that day or the next day, Friday 12/13. By the end of the day today, it still had not been delivered. Called UPS again and was told first that it had not been delivered due to weather and second that the package was supposed to be delivered today, but that it had not been scanned into the delivery truck. Later told package lost in Texas. Bank is re-mailing with UPS. 5 more days without food or heat. DON'T USE UPS!
nikalseyn

You are supposed to have 6 months savings for just such emergencies, like losing your job, etc. One has to anticipate.

• UPS fraud

UPS SAID THEY DELIVERED MY PACKAGE AND NEVER DID!

I got off work and waited for UPS to deliver a laptop I ordered online as a Christmas gift for my mom. I checked the tracking information and it showed my package was delivered at 2:30 PM and signed by me. I didn't even get home from work until 3 PM and I live alone so no one could have signed. UPS wasn't helpful and just kept saying "we show it was delivered and you signed for it before finally telling me to contact the sender to file a claim. She also claimed they do not keep track of the drivers so they had no information as to who delivered it. Such B.S.!!

This just happened to me too. Waited all day for my package ( for christmas gifts )because the tracking info said it was going to be delivered by the end of the day.

Re- checked it online at 6pm because package hasn't arrived, but UPS tracking update stated that it was delivered at 4:45pm and left at "front door". What happened to ringing the door bell? Why would the driver leave a package in front of my door along a busy street? So frustrating!!!

I called UPS customer service and told me to call the shipper so they can start to investigate.

Got a refund from the shipper and had to re-do Xmas shopping because UPS is unreliable. What a hassle.

Loss

Parcel left in UPS facility, not delivered

I was told specifically that my package would be delivered on Wednesday December 11th. I arranged for someone to be here all day. The package never arrived and I received no notice. Thursday the driver showed up and again no notice after what happened the day before as to when it should arrive, AND they wanted $23.65 for Brokerage C.O.D. dues on top of the $20 shipping fees I already paid, this being payable to UPS. My husband didn't have it on him so he left a notice that a second delivery attempt would be made on Friday. I again waited all day, no delivery and when tracking I found it was left in the UPS facility, UNREAL! By now I no longer have patience or time for this. I am now going to have to pick it up and still end up paying almost $45 to UPS which is about 3/4 the cost of the item I ordered. Never again will I choose UPS, they have really bad business practices!

A C.O.D is placed by the shipper and or tarriff fees for importing goods from another country. Before you bad mouth UPS, you should educate yourself.

The merchant you ordered from is practicing bad business, UPS is merely the carrier. Don't get mad at the messenger.

@Anonymous

Doesn't matter, they still did not inform me about these fees so that I could be prepared. On top of that when I went to pick it up, guess what?

It was stuck in one of their trucks and they could not retrieve it and I made that long trip for nothing! Something is wrong with their system and it is very disorganized. This week has been *** for me and It's not the merchant to blame, as far as the merchant goes everything came through fine on their part. When they tell me a delivery date on 3 separate occasions and they fail to bring it and I have to make sure myself or someone takes time off work to be here, then who's fault is it?

And who's fault is it when UPS tells me I can pick the package up at the UPS facility and I go there and they can't even find it? They should have informed me about the so-called brokerage fee, I would have had no problem if I was notified ahead of time. It was all-around bad business, and not just one occurrence, 4 times.

I could let one, or even twice go by, but this was just ridiculous! I have every right to complain about that!

View more comments (1)
Loss

UPS in Metabetchouan-Lac-A-La-Croix, Quebec - Failed to deliver on time, double billed me, tried to confuse me out of a refund by providing different names for the same fees

I ordered a package (2nd Dec), it was late (intended date 5th). I paid the duties/taxes/shipping to the sender, UPS attempted to charge "brokerage fees" again on delivery (6th) to a relative who refused the package on that basis (she isn't winning any awards either imo). From there it took them a full week to deliver the package 30 minutes away (13th), they again charged brokerage fees but this time they were paid. I was assured by 3-4 representatives that my package would arrive on the 11th. (I called them a lot since they seemed to be in a perpetual state of confusion) Between this I had contacted the sender and they had assured me that they had spoken with UPS and that I would not be billed anything on delivery. When I called UPS to tell them I had already paid shipping/duty/taxes they informed me that the fees I paid them were different as these charges were to be remitted to the government. Upon further pressing for what "brokerage fees" were, I was told they were basically shipping/duty/taxes. They inform me now that they will be able to look into this on December 30th when they have registered my proof of payment. Today is the 13th. I hate UPS.

UPS in Middletown, New York - Poor treatment, ripping employees off

I was a driver helper and was informed that every friday the driver would give me my paycheck. They don't give out work on fridays as a result. They said they paid $8.50 an hour and turns out they do but only offer 3 hour shifts, they wait for you to find that out though. I called a number of times and was screamed at over the phone and then hung up on by Lisa from New Windsor. Also Lisa was calling my house at 5am waking my family up to say "I NEED YOU TODAY.........meet your driver at x location" and can you guess what time the meet was ? 11am....and she called at freaking 5am !!!!! WTF

also dave and corey as well as lisa say they will call you right back and do not on top of refusual to give me the money I earned. UNPROFESSIONAL.

nikalseyn

So, you obviously don't like the job. Quit and find another. With your skills, that shouldn't be too hard to do.

@nikalseyn

Its a on call job for side cash just writing a review so others know not to work for or give money to ups.

View more comments (2)

Outrageous behaviour by UPS courier

UPS Account Number: V3080A At about 12.25 pm today a UPS courier arrived to collect my HTC phone for return for repair. I asked him to wait while I went back downstairs to collect my package which was addressed and only requiring a waybill from the courier. He shouted to me he had a hundred packets to collect and couldn't wait. I called back I was coming and when I got back to the door he had LITERALLY, run away. This man is not fit to be working working with the public. I called HTC and they said they would talk to UPS. A few minutes later they called me back and said UPS would call me within an hour. ................................... Which they did just now (12.58) and promised a new collection by 5pm. If this gets brushed under the carpet I'll post it on every site I can think of. I'll never use UPS again.
MikeBrady

It's Christmas season and those guys are already overworked. They are out there well into the evening.

And you want the guy to stand around while you retrieve a package that you KNEW they were coming for and should have been by the door.

Then you have the nerve to complain when they resolved it so quickly. Why don't you at least wait until five?

• bad UPS service

UPS in Ottawa, Ontario - Drop and Run Again

I ordered a perishable food product from costco, I had my Turducken delivered, and as usual they did the drop and run on the step no knock no doorbell rung, this side up was down, and it clearly says perishable, if I wasn't home to see the truck driving away I wouldn't have got the package, Last time it was another nice looking box on the step for the criminals. I work in the food delivery industry and this is not the way to deliver packages total disregard for the customer how many packages get stolen every year due to this incompetent practice

And if the driver had done what many do which is not leave a package unattended in case of thieves you'd complain your turducken was ruined because it was perishable and they returned it back to the hub. Which would you prefer?

It null and voids the usefulness of a delivery company if they can't get the package to the customer properly. They were most certainly incompetent by leaving a perishable parcel, wrong side up on the steps of someone that was home to receive it. This IS their job and if they can't do it right they should fold their business!

MikeBrady

Not incompetent. Do you realize how many deliveries they have in a day?

They can't stand around at each door waiting for an answer. I never have a problem with any delivery because since I know I ordered something, I will be sure somebody is home and watching for the package during the delivery window. Thieves are not the responsibilty of UPS.

Call the cops on that one. From now on, make arrangements and keep an eye out.

View more comments (2)