Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show

UPS in Corpus Christi, Texas - Due to high volume of packages??? It's Christmas!

I ordered a gift for my granddaughter for Christmas on December 11th; it was scheduled to be at my door by December 17th. As of December 21st it had not been delivered and I saw on the UPS site that it was now scheduled to be delivered by the 23rd. So I changed my plans, delayed going out of town until the 23rd. When I called UPS I was given the excuse of the weather and a high volume of packages. I was not happy, but what could I do. Today, the 22nd, I checked the tracking again, and now UPS is saying they won't deliver until the 24th!!! I can't delay my trip any longer. Since the site says my package is in San Antonio right now, and my destination is San Antonio, I called UPS to ask if someone could pick the package up in San Antonio. No, it's on the trailer for my area and cannot be picked up. Again, I was given the excuse of the weather and the high volume of packages. Come on, even if the weather was an excuse originally, it has not been a problem since the first change of delivery date. And using the excuse of a high volume of packages is about as lame as you can get. It's friggin Christmas! Don't they plan on having a high volume of packages at Christmas? If not, there's something seriously wrong with this company. Thanks, UPS, for screwing up our Christmas!

I work for ups and it's always a feeling of mixed emotions when I see people complain like this,I understand you paid your money but if you didn't pay for upgraded shipping you can't be mad at ups,if only you knew how hard ups works in those warehouses for our customer,you have some of us working 80-90 hours a week 6 days a week moving packages,if you had ordered upgraded shipping I know first hand your experience would have been different because we make sure to sewerage regular shipping and upgraded shipping but in the end it's all a human workforce there are no machines so you have to understand that.

@Woah123

BS

If your company says that the items will be delivered in a certain amount of days then it should be delivered within those days. Your company is a logistics one and have been in business for decades, therefore they know the busiest seasons and should as retailers do, add more employees. It's your choice to work for them and you choose to be at a company that works you like a horse because their system apparently isn't upgraded. And no, it's not the customer's fault when they are lied to and do not receive their missing packages. They pay for a certain timeframe and as a multimillion / billion dollar company they should adhere to what they're telling people.

This coming from someone who actually did have upgraded shipping and 6 days later I'm still waiting for my package.

how do you say its the consumer's fault??? they ordered a service that promised something (delivery by the 17th) and didn't even come close to delivering (no pun intended).

its UPS's fault plain and simple. THEY know its Christmas time, THEY should either not claim to be able to deliver the item by the 17th, OR should add extra staff to ensure that it does!

Actually this is just as much you fault as the fault of UPS. With the high volume of packages being shipped this time of the year, you should order a lot earlier than you did. Whenever I order something that I need by a special date, I make sure to order it about two months ahead of time.

@anonymous

And when these people order, I assume they go by what the company tells them, that their order will be sent by a certain time. If a company cannot follow it's own policies, it's a company that will eventually loose business to better companies.

View more comments (4)

UPS CHRISTMAS DELIVERY A FRAUDULANT SHAM

My complaint involves 3 major companies, QVC, UPS, and the Vendor Vintage Wine Estates. On December 5th I ordered 12 bottles of white wine from QVC for the holidays, some we're a gift. Due to the weather the delivery date was rescheduled twice which I understand. Finally there was a delivery scheduled for Dec. 19th. UPS usually delivers in my neighborhood between 1130am and 130pm and since I work from home, I kept an eye out the front window where my office is so when they drove up for delivery I would be ready to sign for the shipment. So the driver pulls up across the street from my house, doesn't get out, and not 30 seconds later drives off, he did not come to my house or again, get out of the truck. I see him round the corner and stop. I go to UPS.com and request a status update on the package at 1:05pm, and get a response at 1:07pm that said 'The receiver did not want the order and refused this delivery'. How could I refuse a delivery when there was no attempt made? Furious I called UPS Customer Service and told them what happened, the fellow escalated the issue and had the Fort Worth site call me. I get a call from Stephanie who says the shipment was damaged and that is how they log it in documentation. This is flat out lying by the company that the customer refused the shipment when the customer was not even approached. So I tell her I want the shipment delivered because something is not adding up. On Dec. 20th UPS again pulls up across from my house, sits for maybe 30 seconds and *** again, so I get back on the phone and call UPS CS and while on hold for a rep the UPS truck pulls back up in front of my house. I go to the front door to meet the driver and my shipment, expecting him to wheel it to my door because of the weight that was documented by QVC and UPS at 34.80 lbs., but instead he is holding a rather small box wrapped in plastic and could not have weighed more than 5-7 lb., but the label has my name and address on it. The box was sealed and intact with slight moisture on one side. I'm thinking where is the rest of my shipment? I decide to open the box and there is only two bottles of wine (one is broken) and both we're a Red Merlot wine, WHY? My order was 12 bottles of white wine which shows on the packing slip inside this box of two. I had called QVC earlier and advised the CS rep that I was told by UPS the shipment was damaged but at the time did not know this was the complete wrong shipment. She said they could replace the damaged shipment but it would not arrive before the holidays and before I could answer her she said oh I'll just give you a refund , there it's done. Now after seeing the actual shipment I called back to find out where this wine came from and how the shipment could be so wrong. The rep was rude and every time I mentioned that QVC needed to investigate this further and to contact the vendor she flat out said 'NO' we do not contact the vendor. After seeing the shipping labels with the weight shown as 34.8lbs I sent an email to QVC and UPS to find out if the shipment is weighed by QVC or UPS. I haven't heard back from UPS yet but QVC responded this morning 'Our warehouse is the one who initially weighs the shipment before shipping them out'. So now I'm left wondering if QVC has a warehouse in California because that is where the shipment originated from. This is all is to fishy to me and I will continue investigating until I get to the bottom of this issue. I very rarely ask for a handout, but in this case would not only like a refund but a completed order sent to me intact. I would lie to see UPS change the way they document deliveries or maybe this was a rogue driver who needs further investigating. At this point I am thoroughly disgusted with UPS and QVC and will never again promote either company to family and friends in the future.

QVC has several different warehouses around the country and it also seems like I have heard some of their products ship directly from the manufacturer.

Review

UPS in San Antonio, Texas - Grandson's XMas Gift still not delivered!!!

I sent package for delivery on Dec 9 from Texas to Toronto, Canada. I was told it would be delivered no later than Dec 17. When the UPS tracker showed package was still in Mesquite Texas on Dec 20 I called Customer Support. After being on hold for 30 minutes, my call was answered by Rep and immediately disconnected. I then went online to Chat with a Rep who was of no help whatsoever. I finally called the store where I shipped it from and the Manager contacted UPS. I was informed package would be delivered by Dec 21. Today is Dec 22 and package still not delivered. My grandson has left for the holidays and the items I purchased were for his enjoyment on his trip. I will never ship anything by this company. Delays happen, and I can understand that; however, their Customer Service is one of the worst.

Update,,,,,,,,,,,package is now in Concord, ON, but being further delayed due to Adverse Weather Conditions. This seems to be a common theme with UPS,,,,,,,,,,,,I suppose next year I should ship Christmas Gifts in September so they will arrive by Christmas.

I never had this problem when I used USPS. UPS is totally useless!!!!

UPS - Four Days Late - Still Not Delivered - Worst Shipping Company Ever

UPS - Four Days Late - Still Not Delivered - Worst Shipping Company Ever Checked their useless tracking system today - said that it would be delivered by end of day today. Stayed at home all day long. It is now 8:15pm - still not delivered. Called their cusotmer service next day, and they blame on At&T not shipping on time. Checked Tracking system next day, to be deliver by end of day. Waited the whole day no deliver. Why is it UPS just can't get it together and do what they say? I will never use UPS even again or purchase anything from anyone that uses the

UPS is a *** company. You can't get a human on the phone. They blame 2 days of bad weather 2 weeks ago for all the delays. I've had 4 Christmas presents sitting in Denton TX and Dallas TX for 3 days. They were scheduled for delivery on Monday, then rescheduled for Christmas Eve and WALA!!!! Just rescheduled for the 26ths.

In the mean time, we've had 4 or 5 packages in the last week from FedEx w/ no issue at all.

My commercial account will be closed on the 26th and will never use them again.

Review

UPS in Doylestown, Pennsylvania - 1 package was lost and the other one was left out in the rain

I had 1 package that was never delivered cannot find it and they said there's nothin they will do about it and a nother package was left out in the rain and was no good I have had nothing but trouble with u_p_s it is a piece of *** company and I will never used again and neither will any of my neighbors the drivers do not care about the package or the customer and when I call customer service I can't even get anyone that speaks proper English it is just an all-around horrible company and should be shut down
Review

UPS in Houston, Texas - Ring around a rosie; pocket full of lies..

Stafford, TX, United States12/21/20131:54 A.M.Destination ScanHouston, TX, United States12/20/201311:10 A.M.Departure ScanStafford, TX, United States12/20/20139:54 A.M.Arrival ScanHouston, TX, United States12/20/20136:46 A.M.Arrival ScanRockford, IL, United States12/20/20134:23 A.M.Departure Scan12/20/201312:30 A.M.Arrival ScanPhoenix, AZ, United States12/19/20138:50 P.M.Departure ScanTempe, AZ, United States12/19/20136:32 P.M.Origin Scan12/19/20135:01 P.M.Pickup ScanUnited States12/19/20135:34 P.M.Order Processed: Ready for UPSGuaranteed delivery...not really. Air Saver overnight sent Dec. 19th...still in transit. Only truthful admission: "I really have no idea where your package is". The website stated it has been travelling back and forth between Houston and Stafford, TX since 6AM on Dec. 20th. At this point I have no realistic expectation of receiving my package. Never again.
Review

UPS Sitting on packages not origonally originally affected by weather

Seriously UPS... bring in people to fix the Texas backlog... Dont strategically delay all the other packages. I've had 2 packages ordered after the bad weather cleared be delayed by 4 days and 3 days, respectively. I would urge anyone needing anything delivered by Christmas to use a different shipper. Amazon - you are completely over relying on them now.... Word word word word word. Meetin 100 word minimum. Word word word word word. Meetin 100 word minimum. Word word word word word. Meetin 100 word minimum. Word word word word word. Meetin 100 word minimum. Word word word word word. Meetin 100 word minimum. Word word word word word. Meetin 100 word minimum. Word word word word word. Meetin 100 word minimum. Word word word word word. Meetin 100 word minimum.
Review

UPS in Boston, Massachusetts - Intentional failure to deliver package under fantastic and false allegation.

My package from SweetMarias coffee Co., addressed to my home address in Amherst, MA, has been held improperly at the West Springfield, MA UPS office since 12/16/13. They refused to deliver it to my home address under the fantastic and false allegation that my home address (where I have lived for the last 13 years) is not my home address but the address of the University of Massachusetts. When I told them on 12/19 of their error they promised to deliver my package the following day, 12/20/13. They did not. Marcos Kleinerman, 215 Sunset Avenue, Amherst, MA 01002.
LTCC

"fantastic and false allegation"...seriously...do you really talk like this.....lmao. Too many marry poppins movies

@LTCC

Why cant people stick to the issue and not how it was worded. Responses are for serious adult conversation and interaction about a real issue someone is having that needs to be solved.

This response must have been from a Tween or Teenager with nothing better to do but to tear down some else or perhaps an employee since it was anonymous. Just cannot believe an adult would send this response.

View more comments (1)

Avoid UPS and Amazon

Paid extra for 2 day delivery this past Wednesday for a small package from Amazon. Amazon stated would arrive by Friday. Package has yet to arrive (Saturday) so I called UPS. They stated it was my fault for using 2 day ground instead of 2 day air. Well, 2 days is 2 days if UPS has to delivery the package on a mule train. So use FEDEX and avoid AMAZON as they are perpetuating the problem by stating incorrect delivery times. Bottom line, I paid for 2 day delivery and now it will not arrive until Monday, which is 5 days total. Additionally, ever tried to get a live person at Amazon to request a refund for extra delivery charges???

Well the problem lies in there is no 2nd day ground! And if you ordered on Wednesday through amazon it got shipped out on Thursday!

Ups only delivers next day air on Saturdays, its not a normal business day! Soo maybe *** your gloves and socks and shoes, whatever helps you count! leaves Thursday that means Friday one day, Monday 2nd day!!!! not very hard!!!

what else can we blame ups with? elementary kids could figure that math problem out!!

amazon is the merchant you made a contract with. they choose to contract the services of UPS, it may be UPS's screw-up, but its on amazon for guaranteeing 2-day shipping and then contracting a courier who couldn't deliver.

I've been avoiding UPS whenever possible for years. I'm about done with amazon now for this same reason.

sessa

How exactly is Amazon at fault here? It seems to me that the issue rests with UPS not Amazon.

I have had Amazon Prime for years and have NEVER not had a pkg in the scheduled time frame, in fact I have had the pkg delivered in ONE day on several occasions. I also have NEVER had difficulty getting Amazon on the phone for customer service. My last refund experience?

Wanted to return a dvd, went online to facilitate return/shipping label, received message during process that the return was "on them" there was no need to return item and refund had been processed. So thanks for the advice, but I will continue to use Amazon partially based on the customer service I've received over the years.

There is no such thing as 2 day ground.

sessa
@Jack

UPS Ground is 1-5 business days based on location, so technically there very well could be a pkg delivered in two days via this method.

View more comments (4)

UPS in Chapin, South Carolina - Shipment did not arrive when they said it would

Ordered Christmas gift for grandson. Company shipped it for 2 day delivery, to arrive on a Friday. Tracking info show it went out of the local UPS facility early that morning for delivery that day. Later it showed it was returned to UPS facility for later delivery. It was not to be signed for or anything special. Now it is past time that we needed it for Christmas and it still has not come. Tracking info shows that it is still in UPS facility with no delivery dates or anything else noted. Cannot reach a live agent to discuss. UPS ususally does a good job, but when there's a problem there's no one to talk to or discuss. Never can reach anyone live. Awful customer service.
Loss