Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show

UPS in Wallingford, Connecticut - I ordered a toy for my grandson with whom I was spending Christmas with on December 19th with 2 day shipping

I spent all of Christmas eve tracking a package that I ordered through Amazon (2 day shipping) because according to UPS it was "on time". I received notification around 4:00 pm that my package might be delayed. It was too late for me to get anything else because my grandson was coming at 5:00. He is 4 years old and I was devastated to have to tell him that I did not have a present for him. Our Christmas was ruined. I called ups and they blamed amazon for not getting it top them on time. Amazon, however said that they sent it out on December 20th.

So Christmas was ruined because your spoiled brat did not get a gift. I can think of a million reasons why Christmas would be ruined.

(death illness in the family), and you are complaining that Christmas is ruined because your little brat did not get a gift.

Get a grip. There are people who cannot even afford to have a Christmas and you are complaining because your brat did not get a gift.

nikalseyn

Apparently UPS is at fault in this whole mess this year. They did not anticipate the huge volume of packages being sent and did not put extra personnel to work delivering the packages.

Remember, UPS is a unionized company. FedEx is not and did not have the same level of problems. Don't blame Amazon. However, I understand that Amazon may give you an extra 30 days on your Amazon Prime for the delay as they "guarantee" delivery---for what that is worth!

Next time, of course order earlier and do not trust anyone who "guarantees" delivery.

This they cannot do as we found out. Not sure how one goes about getting the extra month's Prime---Amazon is rather coy and vague on their website on this.

Why do people wait until the last minute to order gifts? When I need something by a definite date, I order about two months ahead of time.

I just don't have enough faith in any shipping method to get it to me within a couple days, even if I pay for expediated shipping.

@anonymous

Agree 100%

UPS needs to revise their "guarantee" for last minute shoppers. Brick and mortar stores have the advantage on this. Your own fault.

View more comments (4)

UPS Incredible screwup

UPS Incredible screwup
Overnight package from San Antonio. Tx to Deerfield Beach, FL Left Tx on 12/23/2013 at 11:01 PM Arrived Louisville, Ky 12/24/2013 at 2:21 AM Arrived West Palm Beach, FL 12/24/2013 at 6:20 AM WPB is 40 minutes (UPS time) I can walk in less than that, from Deerfield Beach from WPB was sent back to Ky, 12/24/2013 at 3:17 PM Then to Clearwater, FL 12/24/2013 5:13 PM / 6:19 PM Then back to WPB 12/24/2013 7:14 PM / 7:39 PM Finally to Deerfield Beach, FL 12/24/2013 8:20 PM Received an Email that the package was going to be delivered on the 24 by 10:30 AM, Called at 12:00 and was told that they were running late and will be here in 90 minutes. Wasted the whole day waiting for a package that at 6:20 AM was within walking distance before UPS send it back to KY. This is stupidity not holiday traffic.

Wah

UPS in Chicago, Illinois - Late delivery of pet insulin cost me $100. Grrrrrrr

My dog needed emergency insulin that was to be overnighted from Champaign Il to my Vet in E. Peoria Il but instead sat at the UPS depot which was just up the road from my vet. They would not let my vet pick up the pkg of insulin and we were forced to put him on human insulin in the meantime which cost me around $100 including special syringes! I will never use UPS ever again! Grrrrrr Very very very unhappy customer and it wasn't for Christmas either it was to save my dogs life! Chuck & Caron S Boland - Bartonville Il

WOW its Christmas, and the delivery companies are exteremly, insane busy! GRRRRRRRRR I can't comprehend how one little package gets caught up in the system!

Maybe u should have had extra precautions if your dog has problems! All future customers will be happy that you will not be using UPS anymore!

And what with all the growling GRRRRRR? Did you use some of your dogs insulin??????

Bolancs
@sick of dumb people

Wow I' too am sick of "DUMB" people! My dogs problem was just discovered that day.

The order was placed on the 19th of December for overnight delivery.

UPS shouldn't offer overnight services if they cannot deliver. So if u don't know the whole story then *** ***!

UPS - Everyone that used shipping for their shopping

Your package late? That will teach you that there are brick and mortar stores in your town that you should be shopping at. Not only do you hurt your community but you are also breaking the law by not paying your state a use tax on everything you purchase on the internet. Shame on you for not shopping small and locally. Think about next year and shop local. Your small businesses need your support to stay open and your tax dollars stay in your community for streets, schools, police and fire departments. Keep your spending money local. Do you get customer service on the internet. Are you one of those people that go shopping local and waste store time explaining products and learning about your item then after wasting the small business time you go on line and order. People hate you for this.

Breaking the law? Your an ***!

I shop for lower prices.

And no *** is going to tell me where to shop! This is America

ladyDee

UPS had a contract to deliver. They failed.

We are consumers who are right to be angry at their broken contracts. And how do you know all the items lost were purchases? 5 of mine we purchases. 2 of mine that were lost were gifts my kids made for grandparents.

And my waiting until the last minute? That's not of your business! Let me guess, you are the lazy slob who works at UPS and was making double time while I PAID you to deliver the package that you screwed up?! Get a clue and keep your judgement to yourself.

Of course you are a nameless bully who sits and defends the lazy union of UPS because you are one of them. I am glad UPS failed....

I have hated their sloppy service forever. Hopefully they will be out of business SOON.

@ladyDee

Get a grip ladyDee. If the package delivery was guaranteed, you get a refund and move on. Your juvenile name calling just shows how immature and spoiled you are.

Also, don't get pissy with UPS because YOU procrastinated. Christmas is the same day every year.

Plan better, shop earlier. Stop whining because the package you ordered on December 23 didn't get there overnight.

Yeah, you paid for overnight shipping, things happen. Don't say UPS 'ruined your Christmas' because you waited.

Last-minute shopping is not going to be a success online. I think the above point is valid.

Bolancs

If u don't know the whole story ***

View more comments (5)

Work For UPS Louisville

This company treats their Supervisors like ***. Every year they take something huge away and expect us not to be pissed off. This year my wife's insurance, she's pregnant but they don't care I have to pay an extra 5000 to have a baby. I just worked over a 12 hour shift on Christmas night and I have a manager that says family is important Yeah Right!! They do not care about their employees or your packages. We throw packages all night long, No one cares about customer service as long as the packages get on the plane. Since UPS went public all they care about is MONEY. We could have made service on all the packages if the CEO Davis wouldn't have shut down so many other air service centers ad put 1000's out of jobs. But he got one *** of a bonus for doing so. UPS has an account for a CEO and all they care about is numbers. Their employees and the consumers mean nothing to the company at this point. I am a 13 year employee and everyday I look to get out and find a job that has meaning and with a company that actually cares about its employees. Bottom line I work there and I use USPS to ship my packages. If it can break don't ship with UPS because we don't care about your package!!!!!!!!
Review

UPS in Ivyland, Pennsylvania - Two day shipping, ordered 12/21 now to arrive 12/30?!? With no notifications? Seriously?!?

Carrier UPS did not deliver, and according to their site, even though it was a 2-day delivery to be received no later than 12/24; I am being informed that my shipment first went from KY to TX and is still in TEXAS and will not be delivered until DECEMBER 30th (I live in PA)! I am pissed, as this was a Christmas present I was to give to a family member today (12/25/13). Disappointed that I also did not receive any notification that the shipment was delayed or possibly going to be late. I had to go searching for info. on UPS.com site. According to Amazon.com account details, my estimated delivery date is still stating "no later than 12/24." Not good Amazon.com or UPS. Amazon points finger to you.

perhaps you should have ordered sooner instead of waiting for the last possible minute when you procrastinate things happen stop blaming everybody else for your failures

Idiots don't have a clue as to how the UPS system works. The problems in Texas are weather related which means there is no way your *** package will get delivered!! We are not God we are a shipping company.

UPS Sucks!!!!!! :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :x

View more comments (2)
Loss

UPS in Highlands Ranch, Colorado - Christmas Grinch

My son in laws one and only gift for his wife, a beautiful bracelet never made it in time. It was supposed to be delivered Monday. After waiting and worrying we were told Tuesday. I Encountered the UPS delivery man in our neighborhood early afternoon of Christmas Eve. He could have cared less that he didn't have our package. More or less smirked and said it would most likely be delivered on Thursday. I really thought I would see another truck later that day. Nothing!! Overnight delivery obviously means nothing to UPS. I don't buy that they were overwhelmed, incompetent is more like it!!!

If u want your cheap *** bracelet to arrive by Christmas Eve maybe next year u will take your lazy *** to the store and buy it yourself. Think about ordering it a little earlier next year.

You think it was the delivery guy's fault that your package wasn't there? Hilarious

maybe you should have gotten off your lazy *** earlier, and actually went shopping! If his wife meant that much too him he would not have been waiting soo late to get a "deal" on the bracelet!

Easy to blame the UPS guy. UPS was overwhelmed by Incompetent last slacking internet shoppers!!!

UPS in Seattle, Washington - Poor concern for their customers

My package arrived in my town at 5AM on Fri 20th. Waited Sat, no delivery. Waited all day Mon (stayed home from work--signature req'd) I kept calling ups to see how late they delivered, got 3 different answers: 5, 6, & 8PM. Finally went to bed at 8:30. Get up to find notice that they attempted delivery at 8:43 PM. So Tuesday I stay home from work again. Tracking still says it will arrive between 2:15 & 6:15, still no pkg. This is Christmas eve & I am in tears. Finally around 8PM it did arrive. Here's another issue. UPS has something called "My Choice" which you can sign up for. Its kind of confusing so I called the store & the guy said "I don't know anything about that. " Some Company! Use Fed Ex.
Review

UPS in Toronto, Ontario - Urgent delivery 5+ days late, no attempted delivery, no call back despite promises

I was expecting an urgent delivery by Monday, December 22nd, by noon. At 12:30pm I called UPS to indicate that my online tracking information was still suggesting that my package would arrive by noon this same day. The individual at the call center assured me my package would arrive by 8pm that night. I was very specific that this was a business credit card I was waiting for as I had business travel scheduled for the afternoon of Tuesday, December 23rd. The individual noted that if my package did not arrive by 8pm Monday evening, they would inform the dispatch center to hold my package so I could pick it up Tuesday morning. They also assured me that I would receive a call between 8am and 10am on Tuesday morning to inform me as to when and where I could pick up my package. I received no follow up phone call on Tuesday morning. I also noted online Tuesday morning that my package was out for delivery again despite the commitment from UPS that my package would be available for pickup. It was, again, supposed to arrive by noon. I called UPS and inquired, again, as to where my package was and the fact that I had to leave on my business trip by 1pm Tuesday afternoon. I also inquired as to why I received no follow up call, as promised, and why they did not follow their own protocol to hold my package at the depot facility. UPS had no explanation and advised me they would, once again, send an "urgent" message to disptach. I monitored my online tracking number closely. I also stayed at home for 2 days waiting for my package to arrive since it required a signature. At 4pm on Tuesday, December 23d, I noticed that my online tracking profile said "driver attempted delivery. No response at home." I was livid and called UPS again since this was a fraudulent statement. There was no attempt. No one came to the door. The individual at the call center was apologetic and informed me that someone would call me by 7pm that evening. I mentioned that I had to cancel my business trip, at my personal cost, because of their incompetence. Of course, no one called me. I called UPS again to inform them that I wanted to speak to a manager or supervisor because, now, my delivery time was updated to Friday, December 27th, 5 days after guaranteed delivery time. I was told a manager or supervisor would call me back. I, again, received no phone call. The individual at the call center became very rude and effectively told me that they only communicate with their dispatch center through e-mail. They are unable to provide any additional information. She also clarified that they can only put in a request to hold a package or to ask for a follow up call, but in fact, there is no way for UPS to track whether any of this has happened. I then asked to be directed to their formal complaints line. They noted that they had no such department. I could complain online by filling out a form. Effectively, the company does not care that they do not adhere to their guaranteed timelines, and they care even less that the customer may have suggestions or complaints as to how to improve their services. I am disappointed and absolutely shocked at the sheer incompetence and level of service I have experienced with UPS. I will never again use their services and will endeavor to pubilicize their poor business practices at every opportunity.
nikalseyn

There are a number of news articles about UPS having serious delivery problems this year. Look for them online.

Some were caused by the weather across the USA this past week or so, but most apparently are the result of UPS simply not anticipating the volume and demand for delivery of items purchased from online websites. Too many packages needing to be delivered and not enough staff to deliver them. Management really seems to have messed this up. Heads will no doubt roll at UPS.

That's what happens at private companies when mistakes like this happen---not with government websites, tho. I am in the same boat, with two packages not delivered by Christmas.

Try to avoid UPS is my only suggestion, but also complain to the company you bought the stuff from. They need to know.

Loss
Featured

UPS - Christmas Gift Giving Ruined - No delivery, No explanation

Packages (separate companies, same delivery type) ordered on 16 December 2013. Delivery stated for 23rd at latest. Packages have been in local delivery area since the 20th and have not been delivered. Scheduled for delivery on the 26th. Obviously too late for Santa. This is the second year in a row for this type of failure. Local UPS delivery capability is apparently severely compromised -- UPS was using Hertz rental trucks with people who have no idea of addresses in the area. I have submitted a complaint, with no response expected until the 26th. I do not recommend using them for any critical items. I will never willingly use them as a shipper going forward.

nothing like blaming UPS. Maybe you should do your shopping a little earlier!

Ordering on the 16th is very late (only realistically 5 working days). I am guessing you were also too cheap to pay for premium shipping! If the packages were so CRITICAL you should have next day aired the packages!

UPS was severly compromised by late orders such as yours! And you not willingly using UPS in the future will help the non-whining customers in the future!

The 16th was quite late to order.

What you have is a failure of Management to have enough staffing planned in advance to make service.