Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

UPS in Oakland, New Jersey - Horrible late service

A package was received at the local ups center on early Saturday 1/18/13 and normally would receive it on Monday, but they say I will not get it until Thursday 1/2/14 due to the holiday. This makes no sense for a 1 day holiday that I have to wait 5.day's to receive my package. Horrible service. Dont have 100 words so x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x xx x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x ' xx x x x x x x x x d d d d d d f d d d c. d x d d d d c.

Evidently you must have misunderstood,Are your post is incorrect WTF.

A year to get a shipment to you??????????

Must be a new record!

UPS in Silver Spring, Maryland - Delivered package to incorrect address

Received a package addressed to someone else with a similar but different address. Contacted shipper and UPS but 8 days later I still have the package and tracking still shows it as delivered even though they know it was not delivered to the addressee. They did make one pick up attempt but said they would call about the pickup and did not. We were not home. It has been 4 days since that attempt and have not heard from them. There website should make it easier to indicate that a package has been delivered to the wrong address. Perhaps this is what happened to a recent package we did not receive. Mis-delivered not stolen.
Tags
  • incorrect address delivery

UPS in Catonsville, Maryland - Lies

My wife's present did not get to us on Christmas eve due to me putting the wrong address in so I took the blame for that one but here's the kicker I Called ups and told them what happened they told me it would be delivered that day to us well that never happened so my wife and I seen a ups driver in our apartment complex we asked him if he had anything for us he said no he did not have it on his truck and that this was his route so I called ups back they told me its on another truck and they said they even talked to the driver and he said he would get it to us that night never happened lies all lies now its the 28th still have nothing to give to my wife for Christmas and ups is now telling me it may be the 30th or so before we get it but get this they have to find it first its lost and they dont have a clue to where it may be .So heres what I say to UPS *** YOU !! UPS and the horse you rode in on in this case the truck you rode in on.

so you don't know where you live and that's ups' fault? gotcha.

UPS in Phoenix, Arizona - Package late

I truly believe what happened with UPS isn't exactly what they said. They are clearly understaffed, which management did on purpose. In an effort to save money, they created their own public relations nightmare as did Fed Ex, which still has a gift of my granddaughter's somewhere across the country. This problem was apparent in such service industries all throughout the Holiday Season. I tried to avoid the major retailers, but had to visit a few. I was greeted with inexperienced and il-prepared salespeople not earning enough to care about their jobs. UPS should have on it 24/7 before December 25th.

UPS in Middletown, New York - Horrible customer service

We shipped an expensive package on Dec 7th. It arrived at Clear Water Florida facility never to be heard from again. We did have the pkg insured, but figured they will screw that up as wellWe have made multiple inquiries but get the same form letter response indicating they are researching and could take up to 8 days for an answer. Calling their customer service is a joke with 30+ minute hold times. It has now been 20 days with still no response. We are still out $600 and a ruined Christmas thanks to the brown grinch We will not be using UPS again and also not use on-line sites like Amazon that ship with UPS

Notified package was delivered to front porch, interesting since my husband was in the front of the house all day, never saw a UPS truck, let alone anyone deliver anything to the front door. UPS says it's not their problem.

While reporting it to where I ordered from, I could see the status change of another package I ordered. It suddenly said "delivered to front door." Once again, my husband was working out front, I was in the house. Nothing was delivered!

Now both packages are "under investigation" by where I ordered from but UPS couldn't care less. Maybe they could ask there driver to come out and point to the house he delivered to?!!

tell Amazon! Amazon has excellent customer service and will probably give you your money back

UPS in Cincinnati, Ohio - Ruined Christmas for my niece

I placed an order on Amazon (2nd day delivery) i was told i would get the order on the 24th. Order never came in until the 26th. My niece didn't get a gift from me and she looked so disappointed on Christmas night. I will not forget this and i hope someone gets fired for ruining Christmas for many people. If you don't want to lose many customers i suggest you and Amazon and other companies involved send an apology letter. This is the very least thing you could do. I doubt it will be enough for most people but at least its better than nothing.

No one will get fired, it's unlikely you'll get an apology letter outside of maybe some form letter, and perhaps try shopping sooner than 2 days before Christmas.

almightyoz
@Anonymous

Ditto. Why wait to the last moment.

You shot yourself in the foot. :eek

Review

UPS in Nashville, Tennessee - Order for christmas to be delivered christmas eve. reveived 12/27/2013

Thank you UPS for killing my grandkids belief in Santa. Santa was supposed to bring their xbox Christmas eve. Instead UPS brings it to them 2 days later. I even called customer service that morning and was assured that my delivery would be there that day. Obviously I was lied to. Now my 4 yr old and 7 yr old says there is no santa only UPS that delivers late. Trust me I will never have another pakage delivered by your company again. I understand late deliveries but the lies are too much. This was a 2 day air package.

Why do people always blame someone else. Try ordering earlier next time and blame yourself for not planning on mistakes by other people.

I think Santa needs to shop a little earlier next year.

They wouldn't be saying that if you hadn't told them Santa was bringing it. Furthermore they are both too young to have something like that, no matter what other adults think, I am really old fashioned and think kids should be playing actively and/or reading instead of playing video games.

View more comments (2)

UPS in Weatherford, Texas - So much for Christmas surprise

Amazon's "guaranteed arrival date" was Dec. 18th. When it did not arrive by the 20th I tracked the package again, they said it was delayed 1-2 days. I've tracked it every day since. On the 24th it finally made it to Fort Worth, TX, only 35 miles from my address. Which gave me false hope that it would make it by Christmas, or even the day after. It is now 2 P.M. on Dec. 27th, I've yet to receive it. I can imagine that Amazon changes the wording "guaranteed arrival date" in the future. If not the carrier service all together. I can understand a couple days late delivery due to bad weather; but this is ridiculous. I am PISSED!!!

yeah as the original commented said call Amazon and get the extra shipping charges refunded. if you weren't charged extra but just normal even for the guaranteed ask for that at least refunded as you have yet to receive your package.

sessa

Call Amazon. They will refund any extra shipping you paid, plus they need to know how their packages are being handled.

BTW, UPS made a corporate decision this year to NOT hire extra seasonal help.

Good call UPS. :roll :roll

Review

UPS in Salt Lake City, Utah - I am disabled; nearly knocked over by delivery guy running down hall, who yelled at me

I live in a large independent living apartment building for disabled/elderly. On 12/27/2013, UPS driver came running rapidly down our hallway and nearly knocked me over. (I was walking with a cart. I am have crippling rheumatoid arthritis and move slowly.) I reminded him that we have 200 elderly/disabled living here and asked him to please not run so fast down our halls, as we have many vision-impaired people and other people who cannot easily get out of his way. He gave me the package, muttered a smart-alecky remark and stalked off. (I might note that this same driver last week (two days before Christmas) just threw a package which had expensive jewelry in it against my door rather than ring the bell and hand it to me. I heard it hit and went to the door and got it. It could easily have been stolen. I had a sign requesting that all packages be left at front desk. The driver ignored the sign and just tossed the package into the middle of the hall.) This was the same driver. I realize that he has a tough job and I am sympathetic with the demands of his job, but I think basic consideration of not running through the halls of an apartment for frail elderly/disabled is not asking too much. If he will not use basic decent manners for the sake of kindness, he might consider the liability issues he is creating for his company should he knock down/injure an elderly/disabled person. This is our home and we have a right to feel safe here. I am thoroughly disgusted with this company and will NEVER again use UPS for any reason, business or personal.

Corporate policy or not on running, some basic decency, courtesy and manners are not too much to ask of any business. I live in an apartment complex in SW Salt Lake Valley and recently had a similar experience with the 'UPS man'.

He hurriedly cut me off as I came around a corner toward the stairs. I offered an 'excuse me' and he said nothing and jumped in his truck and drove off. To top this, I made a huge sign and put it on my door this morning to 'refuse delivery' on a package that was scheduled for delivery this morning, per instructions from UPS. The driver completely ignored the sign and left the package sitting right in front of the ginormous sign.

What is the deal with this company. I am most certainly a 'pissed consumer'!

I would hope a Driver would have the backbone to be cautious and not risk injuring a Resident.

If Management confronts him or her, hope they would go toe toe with them and not jeopordize the safety of the residents in the name of getting stops made in record time.

doberman1946

I have subsequently learned from a friend in retail that it is the CORPORATE POLICY to have their delivery people run. Those of us in the disabled community would like to ask UPS CORPORATE to reconsider this policy, especially in buildings which are built to house the elderly and disabled.

It is highly doubtful that those of us who use wheelchairs, walkers, canes, are vision-impaired or blind, or who have various crippling illnesses could easily get out of the way of a delivery person running at full clip. If this is CORPORATE POLICY, it is obviously not the delivery person's fault, and we do not want to fault him. However, we do want to ask CORPORATE to reconsider. What on earth are they thinking?

Or don't they care? :eek

doberman1946
@doberman1946

An update from the original poster: Since this unfortunate incident, at least two blind people have fallen over and been injured by packages left in front of their doors. Our building management has since posted large notices on each floor that packages are to be left at the front desk with the receptionist.

Some package delivery people (among them ONTRAC and FedEx as well as some UPS) still occasionally make a mistake and leave a package in the middle of the hall. However, most are getting into the habit of leaving packages at the front desk, which makes it easier on them and on us. That said, I will never forget the way the UPS guy spoke to me when this first happened and I asked him not to run in the future. (He even used the B word during our conversation, a fact which was reported to his boss.) Consequently, I never use UPS for anything anymore.

I own a business and have occasion to receive and send many packages.

None of them go through UPS. It appears that corporate greed on the part of UPS has disgusted people other than me.

View more comments (3)

UPS in Colorado Springs, Colorado - Late delivery

My package was to be delivered December 27th plan my whole day around it have all my information printed out saying December 27 delivery date. I look at ups site for time now it reads on time December 30th. Called Ups to see why my package was being delivered late was told it was received on the 21st December and I wouldn't be getting it today it was guaranteed delivery 30th of December. What happened to my 27th delivery and that guarantee I am certain that 3 days later is not on time. I will not use the services of a company that doesn't know the difference between on time December 27th and late December 30th.