Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

UPS - Package offloaded from airplane

My girlfriend from the UK sent the package on January 13. It entered my country on the 15th but the tracking said it was offloaded from the airplane so I waited for an update. But my package never moved, and now it's the 18th and still no update. I tried to email them asking for an explanation but never provided one. We chose UPS Express Saver but it has been 6 days! So slow. And even if the plane offloaded my parcel the first time due to unforeseen circumstances, doesn't UPS have a back-up plan? Can't they just board it on a different plane? Does it really have to stay in their facility for 3 days? What the ***?!

It could be sitting waiting to go through Customs, and UPS has no control how long it could take to clear Customs.

Does it have to sit for three days? Possibly.

Depends on where you are.

I notice you state specifically where the package originated, conspicuous in its absence is your country/ location.

For instance, if you are many smaller third world countries or smaller towns, or even in a second world spot, it's quite likely there is not a fleet of flights headed to your backwater location.

How many flights arrive and depart ny? How many depart and arrive from lima, Peru?

And how many arrive/ depart Choma, Zambia?

The real question is not how long should it sit, but what estimate was she given for total transportation and how realistic was that given your shabby living situation.

Tags
  • offloaded from airplane

UPS - WORSE delivery service EVER

this is the second time I ordered something an ups is the delivery service. The first time I ordered something it was a few days before Christmas, I chose the two day shipping option. It was supposed to be delivered by dec 24th. Since it was the day before Christmas I let it go. There were 4 ups trucks in my neighborhood that day one of those trucks had my package but because ups is incompetent I and lazy I didn't get my package till the day after Christmas. This time my package was shipped again through ups and again it says it is out for delivery and the ups trucks have already been through my neighborhood and the ups drivers are the laziest and most incompetent people ever. They have my package on the truck and been down my road and they do not want to deliver it. This is the worse shipping company EVER. Ups needs to close down completely. They should never deliver again.

You know what they say about people who assume things.

Don't assume because you see a package car in your town that it has your piece of junk. If it is on their car, there is no reason to NOT deliver it, because it would just have to go the next dau, get it?

The problem with online tracking is m0r0ns like you who have nothing better to do than sit in front of the interwebs eating boogers and thinking you know how deliveries should be made.

UPS in Burlington, Ontario - A DICTATORSHIP

My Co. has been in business for 30 years and no one has treated us with such disrespect. Three times they have assigned account numbers to us without permission to charge brokerage & duties on unsolicited samples. When we complained our service ( they have almost become an essential service!) and credit were threatened. Most recently they put one of these returns on customs hold in Kentucky and notified us with a garbled message off hours. Although the hold may be justified, there is simply no way to call them. So far three long distance hours and time spent on hold. Simply stated they use goods as hostage to bleed all they can from you and clearly are excepting more business than they can handle.

Your company has been in business for 30 years, so you're like 70? My guess is Alzheimers or dementia are setting in because you are obviously confused.

First you say that UPS charged you for customs on items, then you complain that UPS didn't charge you and held your item for payment. Which is it?

Then you say there is no way to call them, which you follow by saying you spent three hours on hold?

Please, please, take your meds, step away from the shiny computer screen at the nurse's station and head back you your room, sweetie.

Loss

Mentally disadvantaged employer, UPS that is, not the employees

Over the last 5 months, I have ordered 6 items that were shipped via UPS despite my warnings to the vendor that they are incompetent. Of the 6, 4 were lost or misdirected. The misdirected item was finally allocated to their local facility for an additional 6 days after the return to vendor date. After 5 E-letters, accomplishing nothing but a mechanized acknowledgment, and 4 phone calls, one of which reached someone who actually knew something, the violation of company doctrine was accomplished and I was able to breach the security of UPS HAH HAH HAH, and get my package. The other 3 items required the cooperation of the vendors, a lengthy wait while UPS searched for the lost articles without a clue as to how to proceed, and after 4 -6 weeks, I got replacements, one of which was medication which I had to reorder. There should be a federal regulation that compensates the buyer for time spent helping the *** companies that couldn't care less. However, since the companies essentially control Congress except on the issues not invoving their profits, don't hold your breath. Amazingly, only a few companies provide instruction blanks for consumers who've been through this. Shape up you turkeys.

Re the 800 number and several others I was given by UPS, they're one way to vent your anger, if you hang on long enough and don't get lost in the transfers, but nothing useful happens as a result. I'm result oriented and not into long pointless telephone calls. If Newark likes to yakkk, that's his prerogative but it doesn't get the packages delivered.

@Anonymous

If you "get lost" making phone calls, I'm not sure how you manage with a computer. But we finally know what your issue/s is/are.

Life must be tough in your world. My condolences.

I see we have a company shill trying to salvage UPS. He's accusing me of putting up detour signs when I see a UPS truck headed my way, or something to that effect, and then blaming UPS when they deliver elsewhere/drop/lose/destroy/confiscate or whatever it is they do. The fact that they have no link online to report undelivered packages seems to have escaped his notice.

@robapacl

Because they dont offer an online tool they are what exactly. If you are so fond of using online capabilities, google ups customer service...bam...there is an 800 number to voice your concerns to a human and report your claim.

Wow, that was difficult. Yawn.

Congress? Huh?

No, it's Obama's fault.

Strange that you "never" get packages, I get 10-50 per day, no issues.

Ever think maybe it's you? And everyone else in the world is managing just fine.

View more comments (4)

UPS -- Service ***

I will never again buy from a vendor that uses UPS for their deliveries. Once again, UPS has failed to deliver. They got a package all the way from CA to GA and then sent it back to CA, recording that the "Vendor requested the package to be returned." Of course, the vendor did no such thing. The vendor was shocked when I called to ask them why they had "recalled" my package. Note that it has now been 10 days since I placed my order and I suspect I will be waiting another 10 before it (maybe) comes. I live in a remote location and have tried repeatedly (phone, website) to help them get deliveries to me. But no. They just lie and blame someone else. This is not the first time. Fed Ex and USPS have figured this out and work with me very effectively. UPS not only fails as a delivery service but fails in handling phone calls. (Not my problem, they believe.) They just don't get logistics. Never again, UPS.

UPS in Botany, New South Wales - Bunch of rude bastards

Driver claims he rung the bell. He didn't. I ring them up, they connect me to the Philippines. That guy says someone will call back. Enter the rude *** and ***. She stays on the phone arguing with me, basically calling me a liar, with the driver on the other line or something. When I told her it was impossible, she suggested maybe my *** buzzer was broken. I swear, I hope to God UPS and every condescending retard that works there get cancer. They always do this and I wish Amazon would get rid of the contracts with these rodents once and for all.
MikeBrady

Wow, I have seen some pretty raw stuff written here but wishing cancer on someone just because of a missed delivery is sick. I'd hate to think how you might react to something serious.

Be careful of your words - they have a way of coming back on you, and in the most ironic ways. Karma will take care of you.

Review

UPS in Cleveland, Ohio - Late Delivery!

I ordered tools for work that were to be delivered to my apt. My pkg was not delivered because I was not around to get it, I understand that. But they did not leave me the sticker to sign so that I could get it the next day... Fine no big deal. I was home all day the following day and no one rang the door bell, knocked, or even went around back. They just put the sticker on my door and walked off. I called about it and I was told that it was a mistake and would be fixed... Ok. Now today I get home and UPS never even came to the apt!!!!!!!!! Sticker was still there and no pkg. It now said on their tracking website that it won't get here until 1/13/14... Thanks UPS... Don't forget to knock!

Well, you could have arrange a pick up if you really need it badly. Problem is, you always want to shout and shout and shout. Ask nicely and you'll get a better response.

Review

UPS in Boston, Massachusetts - Spent 22$ for nothing.

I ordered a part for my computer, which I NEEDED for school. I used 2day next day shipping, and express processing. A total of around 22$. Well the package is expected to take an extra 3 days. So why the *** did I pay 22$ when the company offers free 3-4 day shipping? UPS you suck, do something about it. I talked to someone who works at UPS and he was extremely rude to me. He made it sound as if it was MY fault the package didn't get here on time. If you pay for a service, you are entitled to THAT service. Well my service was 2day shipping. Not 5 day shipping. I will be personally boycotting UPS and I will share this story with everyone I can. Try to give USPS all the business back! they actually know what they are doing.

Yes, the gubment is awesome at running things, just like the barrycare website, that thing is the bestest ever.

nikalseyn
#771996

UPS has had some massive delivery problems recently caused by some bad management decisions and the fact their workforce is unionized. Best to go with FedEX---more reliable and non-union.

Loss

UPS in Carmel, Indiana - Horrible experience - Horrible customer service - Never again!!

Paid extra for UPS mailing to be arrive in 3-4 days from Canada. Tracking shows it was delivered tonight (4 days late). Except it was not delivered!!! Customer service said it is "under the mat on the front porch". We do not have a mat on the front porch. We have been home all day. Customer service transferred me to the "investigative department" and I am currently still on hold - after dealing with this for 2 hours. Keep being disconnected while on hold and I keep calling back. UPS customer service is absolutely horrible to deal with. They can blame some on the inclement weather but the post office never missed a day delivering our mail due to the bad weather. NEVER EVER AGAIN WILL I USE UPS. EVER!!
Tags
  • UPS Delivery HORRIBLE

Never received my pkg, what a hassle,incometent UPS /***

I placed an order with Shoebuy through paypal. Never got an exact carrier except 3rd party. Fianally on Jan8th by calling shoebuy. The man said he had a tracking # I got it. As many orders as I have placed I knew it was UPS. Yesterday Jan the 9th afternoon, I decided to track it, since the man said wait 24 hrs. It said delivered, so I went to look on my porch & there was no pkg. anywhere. So, I called UPS they informed me it was left down at or by the gate. I live way back off the road. They have already been advised a couple of times to not do that & bring it to my house, that is their JOB. I went down there & looked everywhere & there was no pkg. anywhere. Calls & calls, to Shoebuy, a dispute with paypal & I filled out a long form with UPS, when finished it said sorry temporarily down. 30 min. more of my time. Then calls to Ups & one hateful girl says its not a claim or whatever I said & said, I am putting you on hold that's after waiting 20 min.I waited numerous 10 min, 20 min. it all adds up! MY TIME! I hung up, talked to a nice guy & asked to speak to a supervisor. Too many hoops & forms, time & hassles, all because one *** left a pkg out by the road or gate & could not bring his lazy *** up to my house. I do not know if he left it somewhere else, kept it or somebody stole it! I have made MANY orders over the years hundreds. Why would an *** leave a pkg down from the house & do this?? Now its wait. I know I spent yesterday & today over 6 hrs or more on the phone pertaining to this.I guess they think if they wear you down you will give up, nope, its the principle of the thing & I want my pkg. A nice lady called me earlier from UPS & informed me the sucker was off today & would not be back till Monday. I say for every S.O.B. that does NOT want to do their JOB RIGHT there are 24 more waiting out there that will. I hope he gets fired, he is an incompetent *** who does not deserve the job, FIRE his *** The phone people & the distributors have to clean up after idiots like him. FIRE THEM for such a ***, LAZY thing, not to bring a pkg to my door. I live in Sulphur Springs, Tx & I want his name known & I will find out who the *** *** is! I will turn this over to the B.B.B. consumer affairs, transportation & will NOT stop until, they fire him!Also the smart mouth hussy that talked back smart to me & put me on hold,& was not coming back, fire her also! They know who they are! UPS GET your lazy drivers off their *** & hire people who WILL WORK & do the JOB! I have to wait maybe 22 days or more! This is NOT RIGHT!
CameoLady2014

Go to Mexico Pedro. not here!

Bye Bye! Ur dumb & most likely work for them!

Kiss my grits! BEGONE!