Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show

UPS-No Package, Worst Customer Service!

This is the worst service i have ever received. I never received an expensive xmas gift for my mom and started an investigation after a week with no updates . They said I would get an answer in 8 days and of course i didn't. I got shuffled around to different departments every time i called with no answers, no money and no package. I spoke to a supervisor, 17 DAYS after i started the investigation and she was so rude and actually HUNG UP on me even though i was so nice on the phone despite this ordeal. I have never in my life been treated like this. I will never use UPS again and i advise everyone to do the same unless you want to spend hours of your life on the phone getting nowhere. I don't see a resolve in sight and unfortunately see this same story posted along the internet among many others. BEWARE!
nikalseyn

Try FedEx. They are non-union and thus offer better customer service in addition to better delivery.

Review
#471957 Review #471957 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Loss

UPS in London, England - Hidden extra delivery costs added a 60% hike to a small parcel

UPS added a doorstep demand of £28.22 for a small parcel from the USA costing £48.22. The invoice merely read VAT £17.22, total £28.22. On pursuing this UPS said it calculated this £28 by adding shipping costs of £31.10 to an item for which shipping had already been pre-paid; then charging 20% VAT on the value of the product plus its undeclared shipping charge; plus it added another £11 for delivery! None of this was declared by the seller, Mophie, though there was a small print tag at the bottom of the page which led to a statement saying: "The shipping firm that delivers the package may likewise impose additional brokerage fees or other surcharges as part of the customs and tax process." So watch out and check before buying to see if UPS is the company involved!
UPS - Terrible system
UPS - Terrible system
Ordered a MacBook Pro off of Apple's website, was sent to UPS from Apple the next day. I get a Friday delivery date from UPS with expedited 2nd Day Air, was looking forward to Friday. Wake up Friday morning and see that there is a shipping exception, and the package...

clean out the cache on your computer.

View more comments

UPS in Edmonton, Alberta - Worst experiences with receiving packages on time

UPS has been the worst shipping company to deal with. Ordered a package online a few weeks ago and selected the expedited shipping on a time sensitive package. On the Friday the package was supposed to arrive, tracked it to the town I was in before closing time, was told by customer service I would now not receive the package until Monday and I was could not pick it up myself because they could not give me the address of the depot. I did not receive this package on time before I had to leave town and had to have it dropped off at a friend's place on Monday which was completely useless since I left town and needed the package before Monday. Order another package a few weeks later and had no choice but to use UPS (expedited). On the day of arrival received a tracking notification that a delivery attempt had been made at my apartment, although no phone call and no notice and no indication besides online that the driver had been here. Called customer service, told to pick it up myself at a depot in the afternoon. Went to the depot and was told I could not pick it up until Monday because the driver would not be back before closing time. I will be working the Monday to Thursday until after the depot closes so will not be able to pick the package up until Friday myself, despite having paid the 115 dollars to have it delivered to my home. In the last month I have spent over 200 dollars on shipping with UPS and it has been completely for nothing. UPS customer service would not refund my money and I will make a point of never using UPS if at all possible.

UPS IS A JOKE. Couldn't deliver a package 20 miles in 8 hours, claiming adverse weather conditions.

In Texas?! Total BS. now I have to wait another 2 days till Monday to receive my items I sell for my business. Losing 100-200 everyday I have to wait.

Talked to a manager and got the run around. :upset

This is awake up call ok.First of all" UPS DOES NOT WORK ACCORDING TO YOUR SCHEDULE OK".If this package was so important you would have took off a little earlier to go and Pick the package up yourself.Second of all UPS alway's ring my door bell and Also knock on my door when making an delivery.Third UPS is alway's accurate when they state they will deliver my package's.Fourth UPS is usely early on delivery date,I usely recieve my package's a day or So sooner than expected.It seem's as though you need to stop making order's for a while until you can sit still long enough to recieve the package's.Or better still you might think about having every package delivered on a Friday when you are home or Have UPS hold your package for pick up by yourself at the depot where your package's are being held.And why would you be paying $115-$200 just for a two day delivery.This does not sound true at all.

@***nie

No ups has Lost as in they went in transit and were never seen again. Never got a answer where,why it's been 6 months have lost them and there's no refund on the $75!shipping and the items I lost.

Your story makes no sense, at the very leaat in contradicts itself. Yoi say they wouldn't give you the depot address then you say you went there.

So i call bs on the whole thing.

If any of it is true, why don't you do the my choice thing they keep pushing? At leaat then you'd get your stuff?

View more comments (3)

UPS - Package offloaded from airplane

My girlfriend from the UK sent the package on January 13. It entered my country on the 15th but the tracking said it was offloaded from the airplane so I waited for an update. But my package never moved, and now it's the 18th and still no update. I tried to email them asking for an explanation but never provided one. We chose UPS Express Saver but it has been 6 days! So slow. And even if the plane offloaded my parcel the first time due to unforeseen circumstances, doesn't UPS have a back-up plan? Can't they just board it on a different plane? Does it really have to stay in their facility for 3 days? What the ***?!

It could be sitting waiting to go through Customs, and UPS has no control how long it could take to clear Customs.

Does it have to sit for three days? Possibly.

Depends on where you are.

I notice you state specifically where the package originated, conspicuous in its absence is your country/ location.

For instance, if you are many smaller third world countries or smaller towns, or even in a second world spot, it's quite likely there is not a fleet of flights headed to your backwater location.

How many flights arrive and depart ny? How many depart and arrive from lima, Peru?

And how many arrive/ depart Choma, Zambia?

The real question is not how long should it sit, but what estimate was she given for total transportation and how realistic was that given your shabby living situation.

View more comments (1)
Tags
  • offloaded from airplane

UPS - WORSE delivery service EVER

this is the second time I ordered something an ups is the delivery service. The first time I ordered something it was a few days before Christmas, I chose the two day shipping option. It was supposed to be delivered by dec 24th. Since it was the day before Christmas I let it go. There were 4 ups trucks in my neighborhood that day one of those trucks had my package but because ups is incompetent I and lazy I didn't get my package till the day after Christmas. This time my package was shipped again through ups and again it says it is out for delivery and the ups trucks have already been through my neighborhood and the ups drivers are the laziest and most incompetent people ever. They have my package on the truck and been down my road and they do not want to deliver it. This is the worse shipping company EVER. Ups needs to close down completely. They should never deliver again.

You know what they say about people who assume things.

Don't assume because you see a package car in your town that it has your piece of junk. If it is on their car, there is no reason to NOT deliver it, because it would just have to go the next dau, get it?

The problem with online tracking is m0r0ns like you who have nothing better to do than sit in front of the interwebs eating boogers and thinking you know how deliveries should be made.

UPS in Burlington, Ontario - A DICTATORSHIP

My Co. has been in business for 30 years and no one has treated us with such disrespect. Three times they have assigned account numbers to us without permission to charge brokerage & duties on unsolicited samples. When we complained our service ( they have almost become an essential service!) and credit were threatened. Most recently they put one of these returns on customs hold in Kentucky and notified us with a garbled message off hours. Although the hold may be justified, there is simply no way to call them. So far three long distance hours and time spent on hold. Simply stated they use goods as hostage to bleed all they can from you and clearly are excepting more business than they can handle.

Your company has been in business for 30 years, so you're like 70? My guess is Alzheimers or dementia are setting in because you are obviously confused.

First you say that UPS charged you for customs on items, then you complain that UPS didn't charge you and held your item for payment. Which is it?

Then you say there is no way to call them, which you follow by saying you spent three hours on hold?

Please, please, take your meds, step away from the shiny computer screen at the nurse's station and head back you your room, sweetie.

Loss

Mentally disadvantaged employer, UPS that is, not the employees

Over the last 5 months, I have ordered 6 items that were shipped via UPS despite my warnings to the vendor that they are incompetent. Of the 6, 4 were lost or misdirected. The misdirected item was finally allocated to their local facility for an additional 6 days after the return to vendor date. After 5 E-letters, accomplishing nothing but a mechanized acknowledgment, and 4 phone calls, one of which reached someone who actually knew something, the violation of company doctrine was accomplished and I was able to breach the security of UPS HAH HAH HAH, and get my package. The other 3 items required the cooperation of the vendors, a lengthy wait while UPS searched for the lost articles without a clue as to how to proceed, and after 4 -6 weeks, I got replacements, one of which was medication which I had to reorder. There should be a federal regulation that compensates the buyer for time spent helping the *** companies that couldn't care less. However, since the companies essentially control Congress except on the issues not invoving their profits, don't hold your breath. Amazingly, only a few companies provide instruction blanks for consumers who've been through this. Shape up you turkeys.

Re the 800 number and several others I was given by UPS, they're one way to vent your anger, if you hang on long enough and don't get lost in the transfers, but nothing useful happens as a result. I'm result oriented and not into long pointless telephone calls. If Newark likes to yakkk, that's his prerogative but it doesn't get the packages delivered.

@Anonymous

If you "get lost" making phone calls, I'm not sure how you manage with a computer. But we finally know what your issue/s is/are.

Life must be tough in your world. My condolences.

I see we have a company shill trying to salvage UPS. He's accusing me of putting up detour signs when I see a UPS truck headed my way, or something to that effect, and then blaming UPS when they deliver elsewhere/drop/lose/destroy/confiscate or whatever it is they do. The fact that they have no link online to report undelivered packages seems to have escaped his notice.

@robapacl

Because they dont offer an online tool they are what exactly. If you are so fond of using online capabilities, google ups customer service...bam...there is an 800 number to voice your concerns to a human and report your claim.

Wow, that was difficult. Yawn.

Congress? Huh?

No, it's Obama's fault.

Strange that you "never" get packages, I get 10-50 per day, no issues.

Ever think maybe it's you? And everyone else in the world is managing just fine.

View more comments (4)

UPS -- Service ***

I will never again buy from a vendor that uses UPS for their deliveries. Once again, UPS has failed to deliver. They got a package all the way from CA to GA and then sent it back to CA, recording that the "Vendor requested the package to be returned." Of course, the vendor did no such thing. The vendor was shocked when I called to ask them why they had "recalled" my package. Note that it has now been 10 days since I placed my order and I suspect I will be waiting another 10 before it (maybe) comes. I live in a remote location and have tried repeatedly (phone, website) to help them get deliveries to me. But no. They just lie and blame someone else. This is not the first time. Fed Ex and USPS have figured this out and work with me very effectively. UPS not only fails as a delivery service but fails in handling phone calls. (Not my problem, they believe.) They just don't get logistics. Never again, UPS.

UPS in Botany, New South Wales - Bunch of rude bastards

Driver claims he rung the bell. He didn't. I ring them up, they connect me to the Philippines. That guy says someone will call back. Enter the rude *** and ***. She stays on the phone arguing with me, basically calling me a liar, with the driver on the other line or something. When I told her it was impossible, she suggested maybe my *** buzzer was broken. I swear, I hope to God UPS and every condescending retard that works there get cancer. They always do this and I wish Amazon would get rid of the contracts with these rodents once and for all.
MikeBrady

Wow, I have seen some pretty raw stuff written here but wishing cancer on someone just because of a missed delivery is sick. I'd hate to think how you might react to something serious.

Be careful of your words - they have a way of coming back on you, and in the most ironic ways. Karma will take care of you.