Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

UPS in Phoenix, Arizona - Parcel delivered to wrong unit

I ordered two bras online and the seller shipped them to me using overnight service through her father's UPS account. I was not aware she used overnight service so I waited approximately two weeks for the package. When it had not arrived by then I logged on to view the tracking information and found that it had supposedly been delivered already. I expanded the Shipment Progress and found "Incomplete address information may delay delivery. We are attempting to update this information. / The delivery is rescheduled." The package was delivered about 2 hours after this information was entered into the system. I called customer service and they told me the package had been delivered to unit 137. I live in unit 176 and I have no idea why they would deliver to unit 137. I thought maybe the seller had neglected to include my unit number in the address. I contacted the seller and she sent me a copy of the receipt that clearly showed she included the correct unit number in the address on the shipment receipt. Therefore, I concluded that the UPS representative in the store probably neglected to include the unit number when they were transcribing my address from the receipt into the computer. Then, when it arrived in Phoenix, they decided just to throw it on a random doorstep in my 180 unit complex (!!!!) instead of returning it to sender for an incomplete address. What. The. ***. I contacted customer service to file a complaint. They said they would try to retrieve the package. I gave them my address then heard nothing for over two weeks. They told me it would take up to 8 business days. Finally I called them back and they told me they had failed to retrieve the package....uhh thanks for the call to let me know... The rep told me the seller had to contact them to finish the claim. I informed him that the seller had used her father's UPS account to send the item and he assured me that was no problem. Just have her call them and he could send a form over to her via email to fill out so they could process the claim. I gave her the number to call and she told me that the rep said the account holder was the one who had to call, she could not do it since she wasn't on the account. Never mind that she was the one who actually shipped the item. I guess UPS has no problem allowing people to utilize accounts that they are not listed on, but when it comes to filing a claim they will accept no less than the account holder. Thanks for lying to me *** representative! Clearly it WAS a problem to have her call to finish up the claim. She said she didn't want to have her dad deal with UPS about an item he didn't even ship so she said she would just refund my money. I didn't want her to have to take the hit for UPS's mistake so I told her I would try to get them to put the claim through. I called again to complain and the rep kept repeating the same thing over and over, that the account holder had to call and authorize the claim and they could do nothing without their permission. I asked to speak to someone higher up and he just repeated over and over that they also would not be able to do anything. He would NOT put me through to his manager. After several minutes of him repeating himself I just hung up because I was clearly getting nowhere. I then complained on the UPS facebook page and they had me email them with the problem. I explained the situation and received the same *** canned response that the phone reps had been repeating to me. I responded telling them to escalate this to someone higher up because I was tired of them jerking me around. They never sent a response and I have not heard anything from anyone higher up. UPS is completely incompetent. The seller and I did everything right when shipping the item and UPS made idiotic mistakes at every step of the process. However, they want shippers to jump through their hoops to get the claim processed when they are the ones who *** everything up. It blows my mind because the seller paid for overnight shipping and you would think that when someone pays their outrageous overnight shipping prices that they would take a bit more care when labeling and delivering the package. USPS may be a bit slower and you would think a government agency would be full of complete idiots but apparently that honor goes to UPS. Way to go! (The seller did end up sending me my money back because she felt so bad. She is the one who ultimately got *** over. I felt terrible about the situation so I sent her some homemade cookies as a thank you for being so wonderful.)

Hey ***,

Perhaps you might want to read the whole complaint. The seller was willing to file the claim but because she wasn't the listed account holder they would not allow her to do so.

But they have no problem letting her use the account?

That makes no sense. Also, the claim policy has nothing to do with the employee incompetence that led to my parcel being lost in the first place.

The Account Holder is the one who pays the bill. Any refund goes to that person, you get your refund from him.

No Different than using a Friends Credit Card to make a purchase, then taking the purchase back and demanding the store give YOU cash!

I figured this out in the second paragraph.

View more comments (1)

Ups insurance fraud!!!!

I have had 2 packages that where destroyed. I have video footage of the delivery man dropping and throwing my package on the steps. I call ups to tell them what happend and demand a refund.I was told that the package was not correctly packed, which it was by ups standards and the claim was denied. These 2 situations cost me over $1000, but will cost ups much more than that as I will be airing the video footage on the local news channel for everyone to see. This is the biggest case of insurance fraud I have seen in my lifetime. Ups is a SCAM!!!!!!!

I am wondering if you do have a lawsuit in the works. I am tired of their inside *** excuse of a "claims rep".

They destroyed my package, especially the box.

Then went ahead and denied my claims twice. What to do now?

Where can we find your news story? (As though any station would waste their time with it)

I've been advised that "adequate packaging" means that your package should be cushioned as to survive a 3 foot drop. Once I adhered to this, UPS had no issues with my insurance claims on damaged goods.

I'm pretty sure the automation at this distribution centers tosses packages around far more than a human does.

Video or not, this is EXPECTED handling of packages. Pack them better and you won't have to deal with having to solicit the court of public opinion to fix your issues.

View more comments (2)

UPS in Manchester, England - Bad delivery experience

Estimated delivery time should be between 9-9. I'm waited from 8 o'clock... About 10 o'clock I received message that delivery it's moved for next working day, because nobody was at home. I took day off specialy for receiving my parcel. I'm sited around of window like a *** waiting for delivery... Nobody delivered my parcel, nobody left for me info notice. I called to UPS customer care and I explained my situation- I needed it at time! Some nice men, listened my complained. After long conwersation he ask me about waiting few minut, he tell me, that he will be fix situation... I'm waiting with 37 min, after that somebody hang up the phone. I call second time, great for me that I hit for normal person which help me and booked another delivery for me for the same day. In sum: very big ***- not company.
Review

UPS in Carbondale, Illinois - Shipping costs screw Americans.

Ordered a product from China that cost $126 + $4.76 shipping from UPS. Order wasn't what I wanted and received permission to ship back package to get a total refund. UPS wanted to charge me $124 to ship the package back after charging only $4.76 to deliver it in the first place. Shipping costs outweigh the value of the package. Raw Deal! Great! Now this *** web site wants me to rant and rave for awhile longer so I meet their *** minimum word standards. So, yada, yada, yada, yada. Is that enough or do you need some more?

The company in question probably has a specific deal worked out with UPS in regard to the shipping charges they pay and charge their customers. This price is completely different than average Joe trying to ship things to China.

Yeah, a normal sized parcel going by UPS to China costs $150. Fedex costs even more than that.

Also the shipping price includes duties, taxes, brokerage and other fees the initial shipper may already have worked out/not have to pay. In other words yeah, international shipping is expensive.

Review

UPS in Saint Louis, Missouri - Sent my package back after 1 attempt!!!

Unbelievable - UPS is the WORST delivery service in the entire world. That also makes them the worst in the US, and the worst in every other country where they operate. They say they attempted to deliver my package to my office where Fedex delivers every day, and that someone refused my package. No way, they didn't ever attempt delivery. It's amazing that a company can stay in busy when they lie and cheat. How can a company this size get away with this in America. Just plain poor service, poor quality, poor people. UPS - no wonder that Fedex eats your lunch everyday.

How about realizing you might have someone who is dense enough to refuse your package? You're ready to believe someone from your office over someone who might have actually taken the time to deliver it.

Actually, FedEx has been known for it's terrible delivery service and UPS is actually considered more professional and outstanding. Next time before you speak, you should do your research.

@Anon

Myself and Many others have never had a bad experience with FedEx. I don't know what you sources are but it simply isn't true

View more comments (1)
Review

UPS - Shipment was delayed by 9 days. Terminal forgot to load my shipment twice in Waco, TX

The local Waco, TX freight service center has absolutely the worst customer service by UPS. The local Waco, TX terminal received my shipment on their dock April 16th at 7:30AM. They did not load my product that was supposed to go to Buffalo, TX the same day. When i called the service center they said Buffalo is in a rural area so they only ship once a week. Well Wednesday April 23rd comes around and they forget to load it on the truck. Now they said we will ship April 25th which is a friday. UPS service center hung up my call and directed me to call them Friday early morning to make sure they load my shipment. I think this is the worst *** i have ever heard. UPS customer service used to be one of the best and now its trending down. I hope the service center rep gets fired and these idiots update their policies.

UPS - NO COMPETENT NOTARY SERVICE - Edmonds, WA location

After 3 separate visits to this UPS branch, we were still unable to get 1 simple power of attorney document notorized. The resident notary (a pompous Asian guy) provided us with misinformation on several occasions and ultimately refused to notorize our document. We proceeded to go to our bank, where the document was notorized (for free, no less) in under 5 minutes. The notary there was shocked as to why we were turned away 3 times from UPS. TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE - we will never return to UPS for any notorizing or to that branch for any services whatsoever. It would have been different if the resident notary had known what he was doing, as if he had been able to articulate what it was he thought we were missing, we would have been able to take care of it. Also - the UPS notary is only in the office from 9am -noon, and sometimes not even then if he doesn't feel like it. WE STRONGLY ADVISE TO NOT GO HERE!

UPS - Poor service in Missoula, MT

I had an overnight package shipped to me that required a signature. The UPS truck tried 3 times to deliver and then sent the package back! The truck came all 3 times during working hours (how could I be home?), never specified after the first time on the notice, a time of return, and then failed to leave it at the UPS store for pick up! This sort of service is horrible! You pay UPS extra for overnight service but cannot pick it up anywhere if you work normal weekday hours. Now, something I needed 5 days ago, will take 10 days to receive. Never use UPS for your shipping needs.

So do you feel better now that everyone thinks you're a whiny clueless ***? No one took your side.

So you wanted the UPS driver to wait in your driveway for you to get home from work? Why didn't you overnight the package to your work address?

They left at least 2 notices, and you did what?

Just ignored them? You could have called after the first and arranged something.....the center of the universe is not you

Go figure UPS has the same working business hours you do. It amazes me no one thinks of this. Also, if you knew you were going to be at work and it was so important why not have it sent to your work?

This is your fault. You paid to have it shipped overnight, knowing full well the next day you would be at work.

You failed to let them know where to leave the package. They leave notes on the door saying they were there. It's your responsibility to notify them that you will not be home.

They did their job exactly as promised. It was YOU that failed.

View more comments (3)
Review

UPS - Im pretty sure the delivery guy doesn't know how to knock

So I woke up all excited to get my brother's birthday gift for his party today. I go sit in the living room at 12:00 waiting for my package to arrive around 4:00. So I play some video games and put on music to pass the time. 6:00 comes and I figure maybe the mailman is running slow so I track my package. Well it said that an attempt to drop off my gifts was made around 4:00 which could not have happened because I did not leave my living room for 6 hours straight. Did not leave home or anything. I also have a very territorial dog who lets me know if someone is knocking and she was perfectly calm all day. So I don't even think the Mailman attempted to knock or anything and now I get to show up to a birthday party empty-handed.
Review
I received a package shipped by UPS which when it arrived looked like it had been run over by a truck. The box was split on all sides and the contents( pottery) was smashed into small pieces even though the entire box was filled with bubble wrap. The box was well over...

I, also, have had numerous smashed packages and have never been able to collect a dime of the insurance I paid for.

The mother company, Crawford, PO Box 100458, Fort Worth, Texas 76185-0458 (877 225-7625 ext.

6170, states that "no matter who packs it, UPS or the customer, with UPS products or not, if they deem it to not be packed "right", they will not pay." I have filed an insurance claim each time and they will not acknowledge in writing that my claim(s) have been filed and denied. I filed a "Dispute" (their term for an appeal) and they will not provide a written statement of the "dispute" being filed or the findings of a denial. UPS's practice of selling insurance on a package is FRAUD, because you can never collect on it and you are sent a package of junk back to you. I even filed a complaint with my Police department and all the Police were able to obtain was the form letter once again from Crawford and a copy of my shipping receipt listing the insured amount.

If UPS is going to use conveyors, handlers, etc., I say they hold the liability to get your package to its destination undamaged.

Instead, their answer is a form letter from Crawford stating your package was damaged and "how it SHOULD have been packaged using spray foam inside the box." Well, UPS, spray foam is not going to stop you breaking the metal arm off of my fixture and smashing a half inch thick glass globe that was heavily bubble wrapped.

In addition, I am filing a complaint of FRAUD with my Attorney General Office.

Selling insurance that can not be collected on and no receipt of a claim or appeal being filed or denied is FRAUD when the package in damaged in UPS's care and stated to be damaged by UPS. :(

View more comments