Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

UPS in Cedar Rapids, Iowa - LOST/DAMAGED PACKAGES

Let me start of by saying we spent a good deal of money with UPS as a company. I easily spend $50 a day on outgoing shipments, and we select UPS as shipper through our suppliers. In a two month period they damaged $300 in product, and lost another part (a 4'x5' box) also worth $300. We gave them invoices as proof of shipment on both occasions and they still only covered $99 on each. I emailed the company asking how to close our account as my customers and my company are paying for their mistakes, instead of replying the instantly just shut the account down. Absolutely disgusted with this company and will no longer give them any business.

UPS packages are automatically covered for $100, if you don't pay for additional coverage, they will not cover an imagined loss of $300. Best advice, if you are shipping an item with value exceeding $100, pay for the extra coverage or self insure for the difference. Oh and don't cry like a baby if you don't properly document what what you are sending.

You're welcome

I myself have seen them toss pkgs from their truck into a yard & also saw the box fly open, he left very fast, he did NOT care! Do NOT ever use UPS, they are the top 10 worse companies on the planet! NOONE USE UPS

View more comments (1)

UPS in Covington, Georgia - WORST EXPERIENCES

First, my company I work with used to use UPS to ship. We no longer use there services. They damaged most of our shipments.. Denied our claims. And then ignored our emails and calls after. Second I ordered some clothes online for my birthday. The company I ordered them from used UPS as there carrier. It has been a month I haven't got my clothes. I called the company they said "UPS marked it as delivered." "You will have to wait until the 30th to file a claim." (I ordered my clothes April 6th. It is now April 30th) Long story short, I called UPS to find out what is going on.. They said they did NOT deliver my package, USPS did. I..just...want..my...package...

Still wants to say Dallas, NO its NOT Dallas, It is Sulphur Springs,Tx. The driver for UPS id John Armstrong & the supervisor who DID NOT HELP ME IS TODD MCKEE The UPS is in SULPHUR SPRINGS TX that has done this 3 times & we are mad!

Mary & the Major GENERAL***

My posts are hiding Sulphur Springs,TX. & I do not want to HIDE I am in Sulphur Springs Tx.

& this is where the *** *** @ UPS are at! I did NOT choose to hide behide another town,I am NOT afraid of these idiots.

I am not the one that did anything, Now I have to go through a hassle because of this punk! Sulphur Springs,Tx Sulphur Springs,TX

Never use anything but Pay Pal to pay & they will take the claim over & get it before 30 day, I had something ordered for Sunday May(Mothers Day) 11 2014 & the driver was an ***, said he could not see my numbers on my mailbox, well the us Postal can, DHL can & so can Fed-Ex. His name is John Armstrong & his supervisor(Todd McKee)was no help either & another supervisor named Jackie(female) tried to place another order, she did not know what I had ordered,(fraud) now is that *** or what.

They Have one driver @ UPS> here in Sulphur Springs TX that is good his name is Terry. Before I am finished they are going to wish they had never heard of me.I am turning them into consumer affairs, BBB & a whole list,Not to mention the main office in Sandy Springs Georgia! I am going to tote signs in this town as I have before & use my 1st amendment right. Its still a big hassle the little B****** left it @ some bodies gate he said.

I am NOT the type person to fool with & get mad & my fiance is in the service. He wanted to go out there& take care of it man to man. He may yet! Its still a hassle ,a lot of calls & stress, but this one I will NEVER FORGET!

So just keep complaining EVERYWHERE you can as we are! I want justice not some little pencil pusher I could whup @ my age! When I get mad I get the strength of an ox. I am 5 ft.

& weigh maybe 130. I am a senior citizen, I will not let age stand in the way if they do not! I will kick that a&&. They are ***, wet behind the ears & do not know the meaning of real work!

I live in Sulphur Springs,TX & I do NOT care if they know or who knows, they are going to get plenty of complaints, I have NOTHING else to do! I have CPTSD & when that is set off no one wants to be around its NOT a pretty site! But, I am NOT going to jail! I will do it all legal.

I have my putor & so does my 3 star MajorGeneral,& he has a lot of buddies! Uniform to uniform lets see what happens! IDIOTS is ALL they are!

This town is full of them! I choose NOT to hide my identity or location, I want them to know where this happened!

View more comments (2)
Loss
My fiance and I just received our thousand plus dollar ASUS laptop shipment we ordered two days ago via Amazon Prime, the only problem was that there was no laptop in the box when we opened it. It was dropped at 6:15 PM on our front doorstep in San Antonio, TX, we knew...

Personally, I think very little about the integrity of Amazon.

Several years ago Amazon shipped a Pirated copy of 'FileMaker', and refused to make good on a claim.

View more comments

Sidestep Insurance Review

The worst service and then sidestep insurance. Peter Loftis in Atlantic Beach Florida is piece of ***. Hope his parents are dead and freed of the utter disappointment of having him as an offspring. What ever they had is probably broken if he touched it. Complete failure as a human, avoid UPS and Mr. LOFTIS.

Ups - Delivery Review

THIS IS THE WORST COMPANY EVER CREATED BY ANY CREATURE OF MANKIND! TWICE NOW UPS DRIVERS HAVE LEFT WE MISSED YOU NOTICES ON MY DOOR WITH A HOUSE FULL OF PEOPLE. THEN THEY SCHEDULE A PICK UP AND TELL ME THEY WILL CALL WITHIN THE HOUR AND NO ONE CALLS FOR 5 HOURS. I MAKE A CALL BACK THEN THEY TELL ME SOMEONE HAS PICKED UP MY PACKAGE! I AM ON THE PHONE NOW ON HOLD AND HAD TIME TO WRITE ALL THIS! THIS IS THE WORST COMPANY I HAVE EVER DEALT WITH IN MY LIFE. I WILL NEVER EVER USE UPS FOR ANYTHING EVER. I STRONGLY RECOMMEND FEDEX FOR ALL YOUR DELIVERY NEEDS.

UPS in Reston, Virginia - Incompetent Shipment Service - No Guaranteed delivery

I prepared my immigration application for 6 months and I used UPS to send it. There are 1000 open position and to qualify your application need to reach on first day and UPS made sure that they will not deliver as they promised. I am so angry and frustrated at myself for using UPS and ruining my hard work of 6 months. I sent my application from US and my friend sent his application from Indian on same day. My friend sent documents through DHL from India on Friday (25th May) and this courier reached its destination in Canada on Monday (28th May) afternoon. This shipment went from Pune to Banglore to Germnay to US (Ohio) to Canada. it costed him $50. I paid $80 to UPS and UPS was not able to deliver my courier from New Jersey (US) to same address and city in CANADA in 3 days. It took them 4 days. Also even on 4th day, they didn't take courtesy to deliver in morning or afternoon. The excuse they gave me was delay in Customs in Canada. My friend's courier also passed through customs in US as well as Canada and spent more time in clearance than mine. This is first and last time I use UPS services. USPS still does better job than UPS. Here are the tracking links of both courier - http://www.dhl.com/content/g0/en/express/tracking.shtml?brand=DHL&AWB=3780001400%0D%0A http://wwwapps.ups.com/WebTracking/track?HTMLVersion=5.0&loc=en_US&Requester=UPSHome&WBPM_lid=homepage%2Fct1.html_pnl_trk&trackNums=1Z75YF060407105263&track.x=Track
Tags
  • incompetent service no guaranteed

UPS in Phoenix, Arizona - Parcel delivered to wrong unit

I ordered two bras online and the seller shipped them to me using overnight service through her father's UPS account. I was not aware she used overnight service so I waited approximately two weeks for the package. When it had not arrived by then I logged on to view the tracking information and found that it had supposedly been delivered already. I expanded the Shipment Progress and found "Incomplete address information may delay delivery. We are attempting to update this information. / The delivery is rescheduled." The package was delivered about 2 hours after this information was entered into the system. I called customer service and they told me the package had been delivered to unit 137. I live in unit 176 and I have no idea why they would deliver to unit 137. I thought maybe the seller had neglected to include my unit number in the address. I contacted the seller and she sent me a copy of the receipt that clearly showed she included the correct unit number in the address on the shipment receipt. Therefore, I concluded that the UPS representative in the store probably neglected to include the unit number when they were transcribing my address from the receipt into the computer. Then, when it arrived in Phoenix, they decided just to throw it on a random doorstep in my 180 unit complex (!!!!) instead of returning it to sender for an incomplete address. What. The. ***. I contacted customer service to file a complaint. They said they would try to retrieve the package. I gave them my address then heard nothing for over two weeks. They told me it would take up to 8 business days. Finally I called them back and they told me they had failed to retrieve the package....uhh thanks for the call to let me know... The rep told me the seller had to contact them to finish the claim. I informed him that the seller had used her father's UPS account to send the item and he assured me that was no problem. Just have her call them and he could send a form over to her via email to fill out so they could process the claim. I gave her the number to call and she told me that the rep said the account holder was the one who had to call, she could not do it since she wasn't on the account. Never mind that she was the one who actually shipped the item. I guess UPS has no problem allowing people to utilize accounts that they are not listed on, but when it comes to filing a claim they will accept no less than the account holder. Thanks for lying to me *** representative! Clearly it WAS a problem to have her call to finish up the claim. She said she didn't want to have her dad deal with UPS about an item he didn't even ship so she said she would just refund my money. I didn't want her to have to take the hit for UPS's mistake so I told her I would try to get them to put the claim through. I called again to complain and the rep kept repeating the same thing over and over, that the account holder had to call and authorize the claim and they could do nothing without their permission. I asked to speak to someone higher up and he just repeated over and over that they also would not be able to do anything. He would NOT put me through to his manager. After several minutes of him repeating himself I just hung up because I was clearly getting nowhere. I then complained on the UPS facebook page and they had me email them with the problem. I explained the situation and received the same *** canned response that the phone reps had been repeating to me. I responded telling them to escalate this to someone higher up because I was tired of them jerking me around. They never sent a response and I have not heard anything from anyone higher up. UPS is completely incompetent. The seller and I did everything right when shipping the item and UPS made idiotic mistakes at every step of the process. However, they want shippers to jump through their hoops to get the claim processed when they are the ones who *** everything up. It blows my mind because the seller paid for overnight shipping and you would think that when someone pays their outrageous overnight shipping prices that they would take a bit more care when labeling and delivering the package. USPS may be a bit slower and you would think a government agency would be full of complete idiots but apparently that honor goes to UPS. Way to go! (The seller did end up sending me my money back because she felt so bad. She is the one who ultimately got *** over. I felt terrible about the situation so I sent her some homemade cookies as a thank you for being so wonderful.)

Hey ***,

Perhaps you might want to read the whole complaint. The seller was willing to file the claim but because she wasn't the listed account holder they would not allow her to do so.

But they have no problem letting her use the account?

That makes no sense. Also, the claim policy has nothing to do with the employee incompetence that led to my parcel being lost in the first place.

The Account Holder is the one who pays the bill. Any refund goes to that person, you get your refund from him.

No Different than using a Friends Credit Card to make a purchase, then taking the purchase back and demanding the store give YOU cash!

I figured this out in the second paragraph.

View more comments (1)

Ups insurance fraud!!!!

I have had 2 packages that where destroyed. I have video footage of the delivery man dropping and throwing my package on the steps. I call ups to tell them what happend and demand a refund.I was told that the package was not correctly packed, which it was by ups standards and the claim was denied. These 2 situations cost me over $1000, but will cost ups much more than that as I will be airing the video footage on the local news channel for everyone to see. This is the biggest case of insurance fraud I have seen in my lifetime. Ups is a SCAM!!!!!!!

I am wondering if you do have a lawsuit in the works. I am tired of their inside *** excuse of a "claims rep".

They destroyed my package, especially the box.

Then went ahead and denied my claims twice. What to do now?

Where can we find your news story? (As though any station would waste their time with it)

I've been advised that "adequate packaging" means that your package should be cushioned as to survive a 3 foot drop. Once I adhered to this, UPS had no issues with my insurance claims on damaged goods.

I'm pretty sure the automation at this distribution centers tosses packages around far more than a human does.

Video or not, this is EXPECTED handling of packages. Pack them better and you won't have to deal with having to solicit the court of public opinion to fix your issues.

View more comments (2)

UPS in Manchester, England - Bad delivery experience

Estimated delivery time should be between 9-9. I'm waited from 8 o'clock... About 10 o'clock I received message that delivery it's moved for next working day, because nobody was at home. I took day off specialy for receiving my parcel. I'm sited around of window like a *** waiting for delivery... Nobody delivered my parcel, nobody left for me info notice. I called to UPS customer care and I explained my situation- I needed it at time! Some nice men, listened my complained. After long conwersation he ask me about waiting few minut, he tell me, that he will be fix situation... I'm waiting with 37 min, after that somebody hang up the phone. I call second time, great for me that I hit for normal person which help me and booked another delivery for me for the same day. In sum: very big ***- not company.
Review

UPS in Carbondale, Illinois - Shipping costs screw Americans.

Ordered a product from China that cost $126 + $4.76 shipping from UPS. Order wasn't what I wanted and received permission to ship back package to get a total refund. UPS wanted to charge me $124 to ship the package back after charging only $4.76 to deliver it in the first place. Shipping costs outweigh the value of the package. Raw Deal! Great! Now this *** web site wants me to rant and rave for awhile longer so I meet their *** minimum word standards. So, yada, yada, yada, yada. Is that enough or do you need some more?

The company in question probably has a specific deal worked out with UPS in regard to the shipping charges they pay and charge their customers. This price is completely different than average Joe trying to ship things to China.

Yeah, a normal sized parcel going by UPS to China costs $150. Fedex costs even more than that.

Also the shipping price includes duties, taxes, brokerage and other fees the initial shipper may already have worked out/not have to pay. In other words yeah, international shipping is expensive.