I had some material shipped to my business-UPS. The afternoon before the delivery, I received a phone call advising me that the delivery would take place between 9 - 12 the next day. The shipment arrived - as promised. Several days later I received a freight bill, which I promptly paid.

About a month later I received a past due shipping invoice. I knew I had paid it previously, and I figured the payment had gotten to them after their monthly billing cycle, so I ignored it.

The next month I received another past due notice, so I called their office and told them I had already paid the shipping for this item. The lady I spoke to said that she would correct the invoice.

The next month I received another past due invoice, so I called up again. This time I was informed that the $32.00 fee was for "notification". I still didn't get it, so the lady patiently explained to me, that when they call you the day before to 'notify' you that the delivery will be coming between 9:00 and 12:00, there is a $32.00 charge for that. Needless to say I was very annoyed,and will now be using the US Post Office or Fedex. In addition I will be telling all of my customers and vendors about this underhanded trick to squeeze a few more dollars out of their customers.

Had an Experience with Ups?

Comments