UPS Pick-Up & Delivery Failure
I live in Virginia and work for a company in New York. I have to send packages consisting of billing invoices every few weeks. When I have an invoice ready to ship, I schedule a pick-up at my home, and usually send it 2-day air.
The Department that handles my invoices will be shutting down in a few days for vacation, so if my company wants to get paid, we need to have our invoices in ASAP. Knowing this, I scheduled a Saturday pick-up and chose one-day air service so that the package would be delivered today, Monday.
By 10PM Saturday, the package was still sitting there, never picked up. As customer service was closed by then, I had to wait until 7AM this morning to call. When I did, I was told by a very apologetic gentleman that he had put out an emergency call stating that the package MUST be picked up by 10AM. He assured me that the package would arrive in NY by end of business today. I asked him if there was a confirmation number, in case there was still a problem, so that I would have recourse to prove that I had been told it would be delivered today. He told me no, that it was UPS's mistake, and that he was gauranteeing it would be there today, because they HAD to do it.
The package was picked up by 10AM, as promised. However, when I tried to track it in the system, I could not, because it had not been scanned in yet. I called customer service again to make sure that it would be there by this afternoon. The woman I spoke to told me she could not help because the package had not been scanned in, so there was no way for her to track it, either. But she assured me THREE times that since it was picked up on Saturday for one day delivery, it would arrive today. And I explained to HER three times that no, the package had NOT been picked up on Saturday, that was the whole problem. Finally, I gave up on her, as she was useless, and went back to checking the tracking number periodically.
As of 5:30PM, my boss informed me that the package had not been delivered, and there was still no tracking info, because the package had not been scanned in. I called customer service a third time.
The woman that I spoke with told me that there was no way the package would have gotten there today unless an express emergency courier was used, and since I was not transferred to that department by the initial man I spoke to this morning, one obviously had not been used, and thus my package was most likely still sitting in my UPS processing center, not in NY.
When I told her that the man I had spoken to guaranteed my package by the end of the day, she said that was impossible, as the express courier was not contacted. All she saw noted in my file was that I had been promised the package would be PICKED UP today, not delivered. I told her that obviously they needed to go over their delivery policies with their customer service staff, as I had been guaranteed same-day delivery. She replied that all customer service operators are well aware of their policies. And I told her that that was obviously not the case, or I would not have been given my worthless guarantee.
After going back and forth a few more times, I finally told her that I expected a refund at the very least, seeing as now my company will be without a much-needed $45,000 for a month. She told me that that was impossible.
That was when I hung up. So, after UPS's failure to pick up my package as scheduled, false promises to deliver my package in one day, being given the run-around by three customer service agents and neither they nor I knowing where my package was for the better part of the day, I can't even get my company a refund for the $63 delivery and pick-up charges. Talk about the final indignity. And that's not even counting my having to deal with a less-than-pleased boss and having to explain to him why he's out $45,000 for the foreseeable future.
My company uses UPS because we don't have many other options. But this experience has completely soured me on this company. One screw-up I can forgive. But forgetting my package, lying to me, making excuses, not getting it where it needed to be on time, and then not even having the decency to offer a refund are inexcusible in my book.
UPS, you need to re-train your employees as to how to offer actual customer service, as well as to go over your policies and rules, so that agents are not giving out false information. Or you could just pick up your packages in the first place. But obviously that's expecting too much from a company that derives its livelihood from delivering packages.109bb53d review #185849
You may also like
- "I received a pair of shoes that I had ordered online and the box looked like it had been crushed in a trash compactor and then a raccoon tried to..."
- "Today as I returned home from grocery shopping a RUDE UPS driver was blocking my space (which CLEARLY had my apartment # on it) as well as other parking spaces...."
- "I had my personal things came from India by UPS. Everything was packed by professional courier agency as per guidelines of UPS. UPS-India does not accept any loose parcels or..."
- "I recieved my order within 3 weeks.. there is a date box u can put the date when you need the dress to be here I simply put a date..."
- "I bought Skidders shoes, style #XY3102, color black, size 8. My baby was 1 year old and wearing a shoes size 5, but I can't put they on baby's feet. They..."
- "Placed an order with little credit,therefore.I was requested a deposit of half the order cost. Paid for the item in advance a Craftan 14.95 that cost me 22.59 with all..."
- "I have a 2006 Chevy HHR LS and the interior door handle broke off yesterday. To replace this I was informed that you have to spend $300+ to buy the..."
- "I bought this couch for $1200 in March of 2014 and by August of 2014 I've already sent ALL the cushions back for the seams to be repaired once, and..."
- "I'm just venting, so hear me out please.I found daily steals recently and saw some products I thought would be a great value. This was back to back, 2 days...."