UPS - They refuse to let me pick up my package!

1829 of 2498 Ups Reviews
Jun 24, 2011
review #245294

My package was scheduled to be delivered today so I take the day off and wait for it.I end up waiting all day and then all of sudden around 7p the tracker states its been rescheduled for Monday!

First of all it would have nice to have gotten an email notification at the very least.

Second I call in and state i am willing to come pick it up where it is which is about a half hr away. They tell me they have a contract with Target stating they have to try to make a delievery at least once.

I state I won't be here monday to sign for it and will have to pick it up anyway...why can't i just pick it up now...after speaking to 2 supervisors their answer is there is nothing they can do, the facility is closed for the weekend..however somehow the package is still in transit so they don't know where it is and i will just have to wait until monday..miss the delivery..and come pick it up anyway.And there is also no way to arrange for a saturday delivery...most illogical useless experience i've ever had with a company...

96c87db
Had an experience with UPS?  Submit review ›
Is this your company? Learn about our business solutions
Sbop

May 13, 2013 Mesquite, Texas

Same *** ***, my company moved about a block away, UPS won't deliver a package with the old address. UPS sends us a card by US mail saying they have a package at the main center. I take the card there to pickup package and they will not give it to me. Now I'm dresses in a company uniform with a company ID on a lanyard around my neck and I have the cad on hand..... What more proff do I need that I work there ? UPS ***.... And drivers drop *** off and never ask for ID

ItisMe

Feb 06, 2013

Jackazz... Stop F*cking typing because the way you type is retarded (just like your logic.) You tell someone to speak to you when they can speak English; yet in most of your posts there is *** like this "don’t".... just f*cking type the word out correctly as "don't" you dumb piece of Sh*t.

Jan 23, 2013 Brooklyn, New York

wow ***, im not calling you an ***, that is just the name you decided to use when posting, using caps lock doesn't make your point come across better. It actually does the opposite and makes me take everything you said with a grain of salt since it must have been written by a child. To answer your question, if the package came from midnight - 6am, i would be a little annoyed that they woke me up. But I would perfer that muchh more. Since its nothing off my back, except for the loss of 20 minutes of sleep, instead of losing a whole day of work just being home to wait on ups. They are a customer service company, and theyre customers work 9-5 LIKE EVERY AMERICAN. Times have changed, every household DOESN'T have a stay at home mom that can always sign for a package. They need to adapt with the times. And that is my point. Commercial Packages from 9-5, Residential packages from 6pm-6am for all i care. but i doubt they want to work a 12 hour shift, 6 to 6. Of course they won't have the same guys working from 9am - 6am. Your turn.

Independent916

Jun 14, 2013 Sacramento, California

True what you stated about losing just 20 minutes versus a whole day. Wow, that package must've mean more than losing your daily wages? But one thing that needed correction would be, "Times have changed, every household DOESN'T have a stay at home mom OR dad that can always sign for a package." Why I say that? Because now adays, there's actually more working "FEMALES" than "MALES". Females brings in all the dough, while males piles up on video games and more bills. Instead of constant job searching, they're turing into Unemployment and disability benefits?! The world is turning. God Bless America. :roll

she wants the d

Aug 11, 2013

Feminist ay

IDIOT

Jan 16, 2013 Atlanta, Georgia

WHAT DO YOU THINK UPS DRIVERS ARE DOING DURING THE DAY?? THAT'S RIGHT IT'S CALLED WORKING JUST LIKE EVERY OTHER AMERICAN!! WOULD YOU LIKE THEM TO DELIVER BETWEEN MIDNIGHT AND 6AM??? THEN YOU WOULD COMPLAIN THEY WOKE YOU UP. AND IF THE PKG CANT BE LEFT WITH THE SUPER THEN YOU, YOURSELF HAS TO SIGN FOR IT. GROW UP.

Jan 15, 2013 Brooklyn, New York

So jackazz really is a jackazz. That is all I got by reading this post. Why are you sticking up for a monopoly anyway? I really do think that UPS hired you on the side to be an online "consultant" to defend the UPS "image" in any way possible.

Now let me take a shot at this... you obviously live with your mother? or other family members? so that if your waiting for a package and you just so happen to run out to Mcdonalds for a Big Mac, you will have your mommy there with her signiture.

So this may work out for you. But truth is, one day will come, when your mother is going to tell you to get out of her basement, and you will join all of us UPS haters when you see how much they penalize you for living on your own.

Me and my girlfriend live together in brooklyn ny. We have lived here for 6 months, and my girlfriend is very much into internet shopping. Parking is terrible with the amount of cars on the street and the ridiculousness parking rules that change daily. So we decided to sell our car, since the subway is only a block away and that takes us wherever.

Me and her work 9-5. Which means were out at 7:30am and home by 6:30am. You have no idea the kind of dance we have to play with these *** delivery companies. Here is the situation:

1) We live in an apartment building, and even with a note at the door, they don't leave the package with the super.
2) We both work during NORMAL business

1 0 Reply
Dark_Shaft

Jan 17, 2013 Sequim, Washington

you don't know what the word monopoly means, do you? sad.
and the reason they don't schedule their whole day around you...yours is not the only package on their car, common sense my friend. they have a certain amount of packages that need to be delivered in a day, even some one as self centered as you should realize that.

Jan 23, 2013 Brooklyn, New York

dark shaft, if they have 10 packages in there car every day. and 8 of those people arent home during the day, then at the end of the day you will still have 8 packages. and the next day you will have 18. So I am not the only one complaining, obviously the OP was the one who began this post. Common sense, I am not the only one with this issue, and I am posting on behalf of those 8 packages that get left in the truck every day because they are a hard working family, trying to make money, so they can make more purchases online.

timmy

Billamack,

I understand how the policy must be frustrating. The bottom line is, it is the same across the board, if not worse. Any other company that is used to ship may not be so convenient as to let you pick it up. The point is, I don't think it would have mattered whether Fedex or post office was used. You would have had the same problems if not worse.....Check the FEDEX complaints, they are very similar

jackazz

Billamack
I was only able to read about half of your post, it does not make any sense and I feel sorry for you and want to help. So I want to introduce you to a new principle that you need to start using. Its call the KISS principle, Keep It Simple ***. We get it you cannot comprehend the basic concepts we have been trying to tell you. That’s OK the world needs ditch diggers. But even ditch diggers need to communicate with people so I hope you start using KISS I think it will help you. And you’re first test will be to rewrite your last post using English and the KISS principle.
WE ALL THANK YOU

Aug 12, 2011

Ok timmaaay...u have illustrated the main point about why UPS is currently s**king..their policies r d*mb..but maybe someday they may get better...and despite what you say inside UPS procedures are not common knowledge..i assumed UPS was a good shipping service but i guess i should have done my research like u said...but feel free to provide a link as to y UPS s**ks...and oh yea thanks for giving us the inside knowledge..but anyway u can toss all the UPS facts at us all u want but that doesn't mean they make sense...which is the overall point here...got it yet??..how about now??..no? so u want to place the blame on target for choosing u as a shipper and from what i get its their fault ups s*cks and have st*pid rules?...k got it i'll let them know next time i order b/c even though its my money they are the customer and should know not to use UPS..and now on to Jackazz..i bet u would like me to go away b/c until i do UPS won't take their c**k out of ur mouth..and ur walmart analogy would have worked...if u could read...but instead it adds to ur excellent credentials..i believe i stated in my last comment..once it arrived i was willing to come pick it up at the facility..and was denied..i did not demand they open up immediately like u suggested in ur awesome walmart scenario..i was willing to wait till it arrived at the hub and pick it up the next day when they were open to ship saturday packages..it has been done before which is why i suggested the idea..by the way something i... Show more

timmy

Jul 17, 2011

Please do more research. People are trying to tell that until your package is out for delivery (on the package car for the delivery driver to pull off) you cannot request will call. Before that time, UPS will not pull your package. It has to be picked up from your local hub they deliver to your house from. It does not really matter whether or not the first attempt had been made yet that day, it is the fact that the package has to be out on the package car that delivers to your house. The delivery driver will pull the package off the car for you to pick up when he arrives back at the building at the end of his day, Then you can pick it up later that evening or next day. Also, buildings can be closed to the public with no one to answer calls etc, and still have the sorts working. Also, you did not pay UPS directly to have them ship your box, Target did. Target is the customer not you. Whether any of this makes sense to you or seems fair, that is a whole other issue. These are the facts. If it makes you feel any better, I am a UPS S L U T and i get off on pleasuring UPS.

In all your confusion, Your title stated that UPS refused to let you pick up package. You are wrong! They just wouldn't let you pick it up when you wanted to. Whether it is across the country or the next city over, no one is picking up their package until it is at the local hub going out for delivery. This is common knowledge.

I wonder how many names you are going to call me? ... Show more

Jackazz

Jul 16, 2011

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are smarter than I thought and I can’t agree with you more in fact the next time I go to Wal-Mart and it is closed and the only people in there are stocking the shelves I am going to demand they open because in your words that’s good customer services and you know there is someone there thanks for that enlighten HA -HA Moment. And you’re the one that’s not reading I am telling you that Target is the customer of UPS not you and if Target did send you a replacement they will charge you for it.

Plus you said you were going away please do it

Your Dumb

Jun 24, 2013 Mission, Kansas

Wal-Mart is open 24/7. So, if you hate UPS, buy junk from there, or find another shipper. Target was the "customer" in this case because they are the ones who paid UPS for their services, and UPS has to honor their contract with them.

Now, why on earth Target made this policy, or whether or not they even did, is beyond me. But you have beef with the wrong dudes.

Jul 16, 2011

Haha thank you jackazz for proving my points for me once again...which is..the policies are ***..oh and magically somehow after when i was told the facility was closed..2 hrs later it somehow shipped my package..annnd arrived at point B which was apparently also closed..and scanned in by the "nobody" that was working there..u know..b/c they were closed like u said..at arround 11p which was the location i was TOLD it was going too BY supervisors..so i call back and say..hey its here..just let me pick it up tomorrow..when its open to ship other saturday delivery packages..and like your statement inferred..i got the same BS which is..wait for it (u know like u like to do)..its a policy related issue/excuse for being late and for not allowing me to pick it up in the first place..and this shiny truck is not gallivanting across the country it was going for about a half hr drive from one location to another here in MA..which i was willing to wait for..not lost somewhere in the midlands on a plane or train that would make it way harder to track..h*ll i tracked it myself using the d*mn UPS website so sh*t i even knew where it was..but still the excuses persisted...not my problem..hence the originating frustration...get it yet?..u can blame it on target all u want..h*ll open ur own complaint on target since ur a die hard UPS fan..and thank you for using the fact that they closed for the weekend as an excuse for being late in the first place even though that was a side argument u chose... Show more

Jackazz

Jul 15, 2011

Billamack

I will try to make this simple so you’re smart brain can handle it. (Quote 2 supervisors their answer is there is nothing they can do, the facility is closed for the weekend..however somehow the package is still in transit so they don't know where it is and i will just have to wait) The facility closed for the weekend means thee is no one there to look for your package or give it to you. You are familiar with the concept of a place being closed that means there is no one is there to provide a service or product, And in transit means your Package along with thousands of other packages are in one of those big bright shinny trucks that carry packages all over this country. This last part I know is going to be tough for you to understand but I am going to give it a shot. UPS was hired to deliver this package from Target. Now any changes to the transaction have to be made by Target in other words you are Targets customer and Target is UPS Customer and UPS will only make changes that the Customer makes and in there case that’s Target

I hope this Helps!!!!!!!!

Jul 15, 2011

"I understand that you were not giving the company an excuse, as they simply failed to deliver. I can also put two and two together as you were simply pointing this out and since I am smart I realize this fact...I think I simply had to vent because I made the mistake of taking a day off when my package was not out for delivery. I just needed someone else to blame it on."

Response to this..read the title of the argument..since apparently reading is the hard part of the tards who have a problem with the complaint..sorry i thought the title was short enough for all to understand..the jackazz below just chose to pick out a result from the original argument and add some assumptions to support their brilliant argument instead of addressing the real argument which i thought the title would state, but i will restate again as simple as possible:

package..= at one location b/c of lateness=ok..sh*t happens..now package on its way to new location..call made to have package held at either the original location OR the location it is headed to which is known..departure and arrival scans made so this package is actually tracked so when it arrives or leaves it is noted...response given is there is a contractual obligation to make a delivery attempt before it can be picked up..statement made by a UPS supervisor..not the originating shipper..feel free to post this contract if u don't think ur responsible for the "titled" complaint..this is the original complaint u

Jul 03, 2011

Milton,

Sorry I did not understand your original statement clearly as I should have. I was jumping to conclusions the whole time. I realize that assumptions are one of the biggest forms of ignorance!

Drawing from your statement, you never said that it was not UPS' fault that my package did not arrive on time. By stating that if they give a deadline and do not deliver, they give a refund, meaning that it was in fact their fault. Basically I just reiterated what you said, but in a mocking form.

I also understand what you meant by finding a needle in a haystack...Unless that package is scanned into a truck, it is going down a conveyor line and being sorted along with thousands of other packages at a time. Even when it is scanned onto a plane or semi truck, it is packed in with thousands of other packages. Even though they have the technology to track which plane or truck it could be in, they would have to halt airport traffic. I realize from a business perspective since I am a smart person that it would cost the company thousands or more dollars to halt everything and pay the whole operation to search for my one package that did not cost a fraction of that.

1-20 of 33 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×
You were reading a complaint about UPS.
Filing a new complaint about
×