Ups - Still Waiting For My Package...

740 of 2764 Ups Reviews

...It arrived in my city four days ago. I understand that we had a holiday this week and that may have slowed some of the deliveries, but it is ridiculous that my package has be "On Vehicle For Delivery Today" for the past two days. I should mention that I have seen plenty of UPS trucks driving around the city.

Since I live on a very busy street, I didn't want to risk having the package left at my doorstep for anyone to wander by and take it, so I decided I would wait at home for it. I waited all day yesterday, and I finally called UPS' customer service number (What a joke!) at 8:15 PM to ask if my package was in fact "still out for delivery". I was told..."Oh...there was an emergency beyond our control, and we had to schedule your package to be delivered tomorrow." This was there way of saying, "We haven't hired enough people to handle our customers' demand, but we are still willing to take money from people and tell them anything." I was then asked, "Can you pick it up from our facility?" I replied, "NO, I don't own a car and I don't want to haul a heavy box around. I paid to have it SHIPPED...not to pick it up from somewhere." I realize that it probably wasn't the customer service rep's fault, so I politely thanked her for her time and hung up.

I checked online again today, and sure enough "It's on the truck for delivery today" but I still haven't seen it; it is after 7:30 PM. I have wasted another day at home waiting for my package. I purposely arranged to have my package delivered during this time because I am on vacation. Guess what! I go back to work next week, and I likely won't be at home to receive the package. I spoke with another customer service rep today and asked UPS if I could have it sent to my place of employment next week (if it doesn't arrive today), and I was told that I would have to pay $5.00 and any additional transportation costs. I was also told that I could contact the company that I ordered from and ask them to reroute the package. Wow! So you leave me in limbo for two days and you want to CHARGE me more to fix a problem that YOU caused. Better yet, have the company that I ordered from try to fix your problem - they did their part already.

I realize that my problem isn't as big as some that I have read here, but I am shocked that they are still jerking people around after all of the negative publicity that they have been receiving lately.

d6b1f4b review #468532
0 Helpful? 0
Had the same issue0 Comments1 Report
740 of 2764 Ups Reviews
Had an experience with Ups?  Submit review about this company
bacikj

Jan 04 Phoenix, Arizona

I would encourage everyone experiencing delivery problems with UPS to contact your shipper and request that they tag your account with UPS as least preferred delivery company. Amazon has done this for me after 4 late/misdelivered shipments handled by UPS. This is the only way UPS will get the message that customer service counts.

0 0 Reply

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×
You were reading a complaint about Ups.
Filing a new complaint about
×