Ups - Still Waiting For My Package...
...It arrived in my city four days ago. I understand that we had a holiday this week and that may have slowed some of the deliveries, but it is ridiculous that my package has be "On Vehicle For Delivery Today" for the past two days. I should mention that I have seen plenty of UPS trucks driving around the city.
Since I live on a very busy street, I didn't want to risk having the package left at my doorstep for anyone to wander by and take it, so I decided I would wait at home for it. I waited all day yesterday, and I finally called UPS' customer service number (What a joke!) at 8:15 PM to ask if my package was in fact "still out for delivery". I was told..."Oh...there was an emergency beyond our control, and we had to schedule your package to be delivered tomorrow." This was there way of saying, "We haven't hired enough people to handle our customers' demand, but we are still willing to take money from people and tell them anything." I was then asked, "Can you pick it up from our facility?" I replied, "NO, I don't own a car and I don't want to haul a heavy box around. I paid to have it SHIPPED...not to pick it up from somewhere." I realize that it probably wasn't the customer service rep's fault, so I politely thanked her for her time and hung up.
I checked online again today, and sure enough "It's on the truck for delivery today" but I still haven't seen it; it is after 7:30 PM. I have wasted another day at home waiting for my package. I purposely arranged to have my package delivered during this time because I am on vacation. Guess what! I go back to work next week, and I likely won't be at home to receive the package. I spoke with another customer service rep today and asked UPS if I could have it sent to my place of employment next week (if it doesn't arrive today), and I was told that I would have to pay $5.00 and any additional transportation costs. I was also told that I could contact the company that I ordered from and ask them to reroute the package. Wow! So you leave me in limbo for two days and you want to CHARGE me more to fix a problem that YOU caused. Better yet, have the company that I ordered from try to fix your problem - they did their part already.
I realize that my problem isn't as big as some that I have read here, but I am shocked that they are still jerking people around after all of the negative publicity that they have been receiving lately.
You May Also Like
- "I ordered a package and tracked it via UPS website.It stated it had been delivered to my front door.I checked there was no package anywhere.I immediately contacted UPS within 30..."
- "I am a chronic pain patient. I use the home delivery service offered through my employer's insurance. My package was due for delivery on December 15, 2014. I paid for..."
- "On Friday March 7th I returned $223 worth un-scanned of clothing from Nasty Gal at store 6133 located on 75 N Woodward Ave, Tallahassee, FL 32306. Since the package came..."
- "I ordered two dresses back in July. I just received the second one and it is terrible! I received the sweater dress a couple of weeks ago and it seems..."
- "We ordered 3 t-shirts from Scalable Press (they are owned by ooShirts). We were told that the t-shirts would be shipped and delivered within 72 hours. After 72 hours nothing..."
- "Charged for insurance that was clearly refused. Hertz rep. did knowingly verbally deceive (e.g. lie) about "free" "Basic Services." Like most anyone picking a car up from an airport car..."