...It arrived in my city four days ago. I understand that we had a holiday this week and that may have slowed some of the deliveries, but it is ridiculous that my package has be "On Vehicle For Delivery Today" for the past two days. I should mention that I have seen plenty of UPS trucks driving around the city.
Since I live on a very busy street, I didn't want to risk having the package left at my doorstep for anyone to wander by and take it, so I decided I would wait at home for it. I waited all day yesterday, and I finally called UPS' customer service number (What a joke!) at 8:15 PM to ask if my package was in fact "still out for delivery". I was told..."Oh...there was an emergency beyond our control, and we had to schedule your package to be delivered tomorrow." This was there way of saying, "We haven't hired enough people to handle our customers' demand, but we are still willing to take money from people and tell them anything." I was then asked, "Can you pick it up from our facility?" I replied, "NO, I don't own a car and I don't want to haul a heavy box around. I paid to have it SHIPPED...not to pick it up from somewhere." I realize that it probably wasn't the customer service rep's fault, so I politely thanked her for her time and hung up.
I checked online again today, and sure enough "It's on the truck for delivery today" but I still haven't seen it; it is after 7:30 PM. I have wasted another day at home waiting for my package. I purposely arranged to have my package delivered during this time because I am on vacation. Guess what! I go back to work next week, and I likely won't be at home to receive the package. I spoke with another customer service rep today and asked UPS if I could have it sent to my place of employment next week (if it doesn't arrive today), and I was told that I would have to pay $5.00 and any additional transportation costs. I was also told that I could contact the company that I ordered from and ask them to reroute the package. Wow! So you leave me in limbo for two days and you want to CHARGE me more to fix a problem that YOU caused. Better yet, have the company that I ordered from try to fix your problem - they did their part already.
I realize that my problem isn't as big as some that I have read here, but I am shocked that they are still jerking people around after all of the negative publicity that they have been receiving lately.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Review category
- Review rating
- 2 out of 5
You May Also Like
- "Ordered auto parts from US company on 13th Feb 16 was shipped through USPS (ok) arrived in Spain 29th Feb but we dont know where. Next I get letters from..."
- "Alright so I am just a little pissed off right now. So on the 23rd of August I shipped 2 packages from California to Virginia, where I go to college,..."
- "Here is what I wrote and am thinking about sending to any local news agency. Not that it will change anything any way but its a good way to..."
- "Crafton police department does not like the handicapped people actually the crafton police are friends with most people on bradford ave one police officer sleeps with a woman occasionally..."
- "Booked a ticket to Sunny Side Up Tropical Festival in Bali from Viagogo as the event's 'official partner for international ticket sales' and got slugged IDR300,000 (approx AUD30.00) in booking..."
- "Worst moving people I have ever dealt with - damaged EVERY single piece of my new furniture, lied about insurance claim being made and no pay out or redress on..."