Apples from New York arrived frozen via UPS
I ordered two large boxes of apples from a company in New York.They held the shipment until the weather improved and sent them when they felt it was safe.
Both boxes arrived yesterday 2-24-14 completely frozen. I was at the door when they arrived so they did not sit in my doorstep and the apple company sent them when it was safe to do so from there. They sat in a truck in the cold and froze. I have 100 McIntosh and 50 Cortland apples that are mush.
The apple company will cover some of the loss and UPS just keeps stating that there is no guarantee that the product will not freeze being shipping by them. I think the wonderful ads on TV that depict them as the best shipping company in the world better retract that ad.
The box was clearly labeled "prevent from freezing", "fragile do not drop" etc.Perhaps they need to change their practice and provide environmentally controlled trucks for shipping perishables they certainly charge enough to the customer to send products undamaged.review #477051
You may also like
- "I ordered several things online during Black Friday through different websites. Some of the things were sent through USPS & Fedex but majority of the items were sent through UPS...."
- "Today as I returned home from grocery shopping a RUDE UPS driver was blocking my space (which CLEARLY had my apartment # on it) as well as other parking spaces...."
- "Here's the video. I recommend sharing this to @UPS on Twitter http://youtu.be/zHOoJKNGfnk I have more video of the UPS driver arriving. I'm not sure what all I should do about this..."
- "STAY AWAY. If you do care about your car, please spend the extra $200 and take it to a reliable bodyshop. These are just crooks... They don't care about customers...."
- "I just ordered from pizza hut online. I ordered the 2 medium deal pizza which is $15.13 , wings which is $6.49, and meaty marinara which is $7.99. The subtotal..."
- "I ordered the cuddle up bear and balloon with sunflower for my best friend's daughter, who is in the hospital. I was told the bear in the picture was..."