Apples from New York arrived frozen via UPS
I ordered two large boxes of apples from a company in New York.They held the shipment until the weather improved and sent them when they felt it was safe.
Both boxes arrived yesterday 2-24-14 completely frozen. I was at the door when they arrived so they did not sit in my doorstep and the apple company sent them when it was safe to do so from there. They sat in a truck in the cold and froze. I have 100 McIntosh and 50 Cortland apples that are mush.
The apple company will cover some of the loss and UPS just keeps stating that there is no guarantee that the product will not freeze being shipping by them. I think the wonderful ads on TV that depict them as the best shipping company in the world better retract that ad.
The box was clearly labeled "prevent from freezing", "fragile do not drop" etc.Perhaps they need to change their practice and provide environmentally controlled trucks for shipping perishables they certainly charge enough to the customer to send products undamaged.
More Review Details
You May Also Like
- "UPS Claims DisputePackage was picked up by UPS at my home 2/15/13 (Friday) in DelawareThe item was wrapped and taped with card board, forming an inner box around the item,..."
- "Two chests shipped by UPS were destroyed in transit. UPs refuses to accept liability and bounces me to the local shipping agent, who bounces me back to UPS. UPS then..."
- "Never recieved my package. UPS blames it on BabiesRus and that they should be held responsible. I spoke with a supervisor on the phone and he was basically an ***...."
- "I had been using LBC to send door to door packages for more than 10 years and recently I sent two boxes to the Philippines and one of the box..."
- " I have contacted Cole Haan corporate re: Nike air heels several times with nothing more than a question and answer reply. The original cost of the..."
- "My mother in law turned 89 yesterday. Her out-of-state son placed an order 2 days ahead so a pretty bouquet would arrive on her actual birthday (and I'm sure at..."