I ordered two large boxes of apples from a company in New York.They held the shipment until the weather improved and sent them when they felt it was safe.
Both boxes arrived yesterday 2-24-14 completely frozen. I was at the door when they arrived so they did not sit in my doorstep and the apple company sent them when it was safe to do so from there. They sat in a truck in the cold and froze. I have 100 McIntosh and 50 Cortland apples that are mush.
The apple company will cover some of the loss and UPS just keeps stating that there is no guarantee that the product will not freeze being shipping by them. I think the wonderful ads on TV that depict them as the best shipping company in the world better retract that ad.
The box was clearly labeled "prevent from freezing", "fragile do not drop" etc.Perhaps they need to change their practice and provide environmentally controlled trucks for shipping perishables they certainly charge enough to the customer to send products undamaged.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Large Boxes Shipping
- Review category
- Transportation and Storage
- Review rating
- 4 out of 5
You May Also Like
- "Today as I returned home from grocery shopping a RUDE UPS driver was blocking my space (which CLEARLY had my apartment # on it) as well as other parking spaces...."
- "Never recieved my package. UPS blames it on BabiesRus and that they should be held responsible. I spoke with a supervisor on the phone and he was basically an ***...."
- "The pictures say it all. UPS crushed, dented, and put wholes in the NEW box with four ceramic heirlooms being sent home from my recently deceased mother-in-laws estate. ..."
- "This was my first time ordering clothes online - I'm glad I did. My friend and I ordered several items and all were perfect except one was a bit..."
- "I attend 24 Hour Fitness Club at 6380 West Sunset Blvd. Hollywood, CA 90028. The showers and lockers are in need of repair and maintenance. Please repair the following: 1) lockers..."
- "This is literally the worst haircut I've ever gotten!! I am super pissed off! As you can see in the pictures, the blending in the back is horrible! You can..."