Apples from New York arrived frozen via UPS
I ordered two large boxes of apples from a company in New York.They held the shipment until the weather improved and sent them when they felt it was safe.
Both boxes arrived yesterday 2-24-14 completely frozen. I was at the door when they arrived so they did not sit in my doorstep and the apple company sent them when it was safe to do so from there. They sat in a truck in the cold and froze. I have 100 McIntosh and 50 Cortland apples that are mush.
The apple company will cover some of the loss and UPS just keeps stating that there is no guarantee that the product will not freeze being shipping by them. I think the wonderful ads on TV that depict them as the best shipping company in the world better retract that ad.
The box was clearly labeled "prevent from freezing", "fragile do not drop" etc.Perhaps they need to change their practice and provide environmentally controlled trucks for shipping perishables they certainly charge enough to the customer to send products undamaged.d62a94b review #477051
You may also like
- "I shipped an electronic organ from Concord, NC to San Antonio, TX through UPS. The instrument was in two cartons with the keyboards and electronics crated in 1/4" plywood and..."
- "The pictures say it all. UPS crushed, dented, and put wholes in the NEW box with four ceramic heirlooms being sent home from my recently deceased mother-in-laws estate. ..."
- "I sold a Samurai windshield with frame on Ebay...shipped through UPS...the buyer sends picture of broken windshield...was not broken before sending...UPS denied any responsibility by telling me the item was..."
- "I do not like Achievecard? First off you do not get your $ two days faster, that's a lie!!! Customer Service isn't ***, can't provide you with any information too..."
- "I paid $1,248 for two leather chairs at Port Charlotte, FL. The so-called leather started to crack a delaminate. The synthetic veneer about one mill thick and on a..."
- "I went to Delaware poppeys at 08.30am today 21st dec 2014 and was informed by the manager that it opens at 9am.we decided to wait until then since I'm a..."