Apples from New York arrived frozen via UPS
I ordered two large boxes of apples from a company in New York.They held the shipment until the weather improved and sent them when they felt it was safe.
Both boxes arrived yesterday 2-24-14 completely frozen. I was at the door when they arrived so they did not sit in my doorstep and the apple company sent them when it was safe to do so from there. They sat in a truck in the cold and froze. I have 100 McIntosh and 50 Cortland apples that are mush.
The apple company will cover some of the loss and UPS just keeps stating that there is no guarantee that the product will not freeze being shipping by them. I think the wonderful ads on TV that depict them as the best shipping company in the world better retract that ad.
The box was clearly labeled "prevent from freezing", "fragile do not drop" etc.Perhaps they need to change their practice and provide environmentally controlled trucks for shipping perishables they certainly charge enough to the customer to send products undamaged.f0c4b00 review #477051
You may also like
- "i ordered 2 books from Barnes&Noble.com. the box arrived opened and taped back shut with 2 little pieces of 1/2" scotch tape(the kind we all use to wrap gifts not..."
- "I am absolutely *** FURIOUS with ups... Someone had ordered me a sex machine from Amazon, and the store owner of the parcel that was ordered chose to use ups......"
- "after the death of my mother i decided to move back to newfoundland.i sold most of my pocessions only keeping 18 boxes in total.phoning several companies i decided u.p.s would..."
- "I was involved in an accident & the Police report was inaccurate. State Farm paided out without reviewing my claim or vehicle for damages. The Police report reads hit drivers..."
- "I ordered a hooded toy story woody towel off amazon. They sent football cards and profited on the high shipping. Complete scam. Of course they are willing to return the..."
- "Seems that 2 buckle belts didn't get trough Belgium customs. Trying to contact seller over and over. When he hears that I didn't receive it he ignores me! Aliexpress online..."